What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R15 Sun :: Warriors 14 Sea Eagles 20 @ Mt Smart

Round 15 Result :: Warriors v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just heard on raido they mentioned something about Matai on Tate going un-noticed by the ref, but may be looked at.

I didn't see it myself

effnic

Bench
Horrible game by both sides, Manly couldnt get into the game with the refs taking them out everytime they got a sniff. Matai's tackle on tate to save that try was insperational i thought tate was in fo sho, and what about the geniused ref calling a handover on the 4th f**king tackle.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Just heard on raido they mentioned something about Matai on Tate going un-noticed by the ref, but may be looked at.

I didn't see it myself

That was the swinging arm I was talking about.

Joe Davola

Juniors
and what about the geniused ref calling a handover on the 4th f**king tackle.

Not quite...... checked the tape.

Tackle 1 - Williams (after gathering the Warriors clearing kick)
Tackle 2 - Bell
Tackle 3 - Matai
Tackle 4 - L'estrange
Tackle 5 - Stewart
Tackle 6 - Orford - hand over

Two things confused the issue.

Firstly, the tv coverage switched to a "total tackles stat" as L'estrange played the ball. As Stewart ran with the ball, the display reverted to the tackle number and it correctly showed "4th", but for some reason, it did not increase to "5th" when Stewart was tackled.

Secondly, the ref was very late in calling 5th. Normally, he calls the tackle number as the tackle is completed. You can hear him call "3" as Matai is tackled and "4" as L'estrange is tackled. However, when Stewart is tackled on the 5th, he doesn't call "5". He launches straight into "Move... Move". It is only after Stewart has played the ball and L'estrange picks it up and passes to Orford that the ref can be heard saying "5.... 5". He clearly realised he had stuffed up as he yelled "5" again as Orford ran the ball rather than looking to kick it.

Last edited:

effnic

Bench
Not quite...... checked the tape.

Tackle 1 - Williams (after gathering the Warriors clearing kick)
Tackle 2 - Bell
Tackle 3 - Matai
Tackle 4 - L'estrange
Tackle 5 - Stewart
Tackle 6 - Orford - hand over

Two things confused the issue.

Firstly, the tv coverage switched to a "total tackles stat" as L'estrange played the ball. As Stewart ran with the ball, the display reverted to the tackle number and it correctly showed "4th", but for some reason, it did not increase to "5th" when Stewart was tackled.

Secondly, the ref was very late in calling 5th. Normally, he calls the tackle number as the tackle is completed. You can hear him call "3" as Matai is tackled and "4" as L'estrange is tackled. However, when Stewart is tackled on the 5th, he doesn't call "5". He launches straight into "Move... Move". It is only after Stewart has played the ball and L'estrange picks it up and passes to Orford that the ref can be heard saying "5.... 5". He clearly realised he had stuffed up as he yelled "5" again as Orford ran the ball rather than looking to kick it.
Thanks for clearing that up, i would of gone back to look at the replay to see if it was correct but the game was that boring i dont want to fall asleep again.

Patorick

Staff member
Just watched today. How bad was the commentary? FMD, Costigan, Halligan and Ropati make me yearn for the worldly wisdom of Andy Raymond FFS.