What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R21 Fri :: Sea Eagles 30 Panthers 10 @ Brookvale

Round 21 Result :: Sea Eagles v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hutty1986

Immortal
If the Panthers show up looking for an upset, this game should be awesome. Manly are a great team, and Panthers can play great footy on their day. Should be some good match ups between Wesser/Stewart, Gordon/Williams, Jennings/Bell, Matai/Pritchard etc.

That's assuming Matai and Pritchard are on the same side of the field.

Out of the match-ups you named, the only one where manly is superior is Stewart v Wesser. Penrith are a huge chance here

Downie

Guest Moderator
Isn't there anyone else?? How has JWH been playing in U20's?

I would like to see Wells get a go at lock, allowing Stewart to play in the second row where he's been killing it all year. At least Wells is fit, can play the full 80 and can tackle. Unfortunately Afamasaga seems to be in the good books :(

Hope he can prove me wrong, but he looked very slow on Sunday.

murraymob

Coach
Will be a great game .Channel nine switched there games to make this the live one.The panther young brigade have given our club a boost .Having Gordon back is great.I hope Manly go into the game thinking its a easy game.The u20 could be a good game as well

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Thanx for that info Murray, am stoked with that news

Was in the guides over here as the 11.30pm game, and i bloody hate waiting that long

murraymob

Coach
our u20 team is top of the table but missing up to 6 of the best boys this week will make it a interesting game.Panthers to watch no 11 daniel Penese rated a better prospect then Pritchard and 16 year old no 6 Harry Seijaka Both will play first grade with Penese possibly getting a run this year

gong_eagle

First Grade
Penalty count toll

Jason Avedissian
29 July 2008
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/07/29/11322_sports.html

THE Sea Eagles have denied they have a disciplinary problem within the club after statistics revealed show the premiership front-runners are the most heavily penalised team in the NRL.
Manly have conceded 136 penalties from 18 games in 2008, just one ahead of Newcastle with premiers Melbourne back on 126.
The Sea Eagles edged ahead of the Knights during Sunday's 34-12 loss to the Roosters despite leading the penalty count, 14-10 at full-time.
Manly coach Des Hasler said discipline was not an issue.
"We are the most penalised side in the comp ... so what are we doing wrong?" he asked.
"It's (discipline) not a problem at all. We have talked to them (NRL) about it and have worked on it, but you've just got to keep firing away. I thought the 24 penalties in the game (against the Roosters) was totally un-called for.
"I think we might have finished on the right side of the ledger, but I think they had five on the trot in the first half ... piggy-back penalties which helps a side down the field."
Captain Matt Orford was unconcerned when told of Manly's penalty numbers.
"We are sitting on top of the ladder, I don't know what to put it down to," the disappointed skipper said on Sunday.
"The whistle was blown a fair bit today (Sunday) ... it was just one of those days.
"There were a few penalties there towards the end that we got, probably not warranted, maybe to square up the ledger, who knows."
The Sea Eagles were enjoying a day off yesterday with second-rower Anthony Watmough (knee) considered little hope of playing against the Panthers at Brookvale Oval on Friday night. Fellow back-rower Glenn Stewart (shoulder) should play after he and Watmough withdrew on Saturday from the Roosters clash.
Utility forward Luke Williamson (hamstring) is a good chance of being available for selection, while Jason King (leg) is a couple of weeks away.

mxlegend99

Referee
Ontop of playing Manly this weekend, and in Round 26. If we make the top 8, there's a great chance we will play them in Round 1 of the finals series. Hopefully we learn enough from Manly in the first 2 games to beat them in the finals (if we make it).

griffo346

First Grade
Jul 29 - Lachlan Coote will be sidelined for around 6 weeks after scans have revealed the extent of his injury.

Having only ruptured his medial ligament, Lachlan will not need surgery as the ACL is completely intact, something that was of concern prior to the scans. The news means that in all likelihood Coote will return for the finals series.

theres the answer to my question

Should be a great game. Beaver in at 6 replacing Robson will help greatly.

The timing for the Eagles is important, as we have the storm game next up.

effnic

Bench
Where the hell is Sammut????? Im actually glad he is out of the team cause i rate him.

effnic

Bench
Halftime:
Penrith -26
Manly-6

Fulltime:
Penrith - 26
Manly - 36

Ahhhhhhhh good ole memories.

mxlegend99

Referee
Where the hell is Sammut????? Im actually glad he is out of the team cause i rate him.
Matt Elliott dropped him when we played the Bulldogs earlier in the year.

The only times he has been back in first grade since then, have been on the wing. He has been playing 5/8 for Windsor lately, but got an ankle injury recently.