What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin I :: Wed 3 Jun :: QLD 28 NSW 18 @ Etihad

Origin 1 :: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussies1st

Staff member
Don't think chopping and changing our halves will make much difference, all we do is bring more newbies in. The main changes I would make TLL in for Kite, need a guy that runs at 110% every run and Morris in for McManus.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My thoughts:

- Gidley looked pressured being the captain. Needs to offload that so he can concentrate on his game. Additionally, he shouldn't dip his fingers in butter pre-game.

- Where the f**k was Lyon? One sideline break... ffs! We need more from our centres!

- Why was the attacking bunched and standing flat? I've seen Cronulla play better footy this year.

- How the hell didn't you put 40+ on us QLD? Seriously, the rubbish we served up...

- William Harrigan and Timothy Mander, hang your head in shame. How the HELL can you make such a blatantly incorrect decision? There was no conclusive evidence that Hayne's back foot touched the line. If you cannot say that with any certainty then you are supposed to give BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT to the ATTACKING team. FMD :x

- NSW, HTFU. Just because a decision goes against you early doesn't mean you should play into QLD's hands. Their first two tries were simple laziness from us. Second half effort was incredible.

- Wing is fantastic. Keep him in #14 but bring him on EARLIER if we're in dire straits ffs! I have big question marks over Farah, he was only brilliant when Wing came on, but didn't seem to offer much prior to that.

- People are probably praising LOD but I think he needs to go. He might've made a lot of hit-ups but the metres gained on them would've been minimal. No penetration.

- Ben Creagh... Wow. He's got a mortgage on a second row jersey for a long time to come IMO.

All in all I'm not disappointed, a herculean effort to keep pace with a Queensland side that had it all over us. Game Two is anyones.

Timmah

Staff member
Don't think chopping and changing our halves will make much difference, all we do is bring more newbies in. The main changes I would make TLL in for Kite, need a guy that runs at 110% every run and Morris in for McManus.
Which Morris? Both warrant selection tbh. And then, how do you play it, move Jennings to the wing or just put a Morris there?

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
So QLD are sh*t now because we didnt thrash nsw? :lol:

look at all you girls whinge and carry on!!!!! This is a glimpse into the mentality that afflicts nsw, a reason why your clubs suck, and your state side sucks. Quit whinging, knuckle down and improve. Until your teams can do that, you have no-hope.

No wonder your state side sucks so bad, they have to put up with the worst fans......:roll:

Timmah

Staff member
:? Where did I say QLD were sh*t?

I merely mentioned I think they could've done a whole lot better - hardly a criticism given they won comfortably in the end. I actually think that's a worry for NSW as it appears to me QLD have another "gear" they can go up.

As for mentality, I think yours just shone through...

aussies1st

Staff member
Which Morris? Both warrant selection tbh. And then, how do you play it, move Jennings to the wing or just put a Morris there?

Brett first. If Josh continues his good form then get him in over Lyon. Or move Hayne to fullback and Jennings to his wing spot. The latter is a bit too extreme though.

Shorty

Staff member
What did LOD do wrong?
Lack of penetration? What game were you watching? He dragged 3 players just about every time he got the ball.
He was one of NSW's best forwards, himself and Creagh were the only ones making ground.

Joker's Wild

Coach
NSW needs a coach with game plans,no matter who they put in there they will not win NSW have killed this series by appointing no plans Bellamy as coach.

NSW played like a typical Bellamy coached team where the players had to go out and figure out the plans while they are playing,and the skill of the players werent good enough. .

Do you actually say anything else or are you infact just a monkey with a keyboard?

Timmah

Staff member
Dragged three players? :? He hit the line and fell! The difference is while LOD got plenty of ball, Creagh was far more effective at breaking tackles.

Timmah

Staff member
Let's rework the backline:

1. Patten :sarcasm:
2. Morris B
3. Morris J
4. Idris
5. Hayne
6. Campese
7. Gidley

:)

Last edited:

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
lol....just like hitler in his bunker in 1945..re arranging non-existing armies in the deluded belief it will solve all his problems....

Shorty

Staff member
Dragged three players? :? He hit the line and fell! The difference is while LOD got plenty of ball, Creagh was far more effective at breaking tackles.
That's bullsh*t.
Watch the game again.

He was one of NSW best.
Btw, unless Matt Gidley has comeback from England you're planning to have Kurt in the halves and fullback?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade

O'Donnell made some of his usual dumb mistakes but later in teh game when he got a bit more comfortable i think he was great. Hit the line really well and was getting offloads away. Maybe im imaginging it but Creagh was a bit the opposite, great first half but didnt see him do alot in the 2nd.

Anyway those 2 would be the first forwards id pick for game 2.

Timmah

Staff member
That's bullsh*t.
Watch the game again.

He was one of NSW best.
Btw, unless Matt Gidley has comeback from England you're planning to have Kurt in the halves and fullback?
Full credit to him for having a go and making a sh*tload of hit-ups. But he struggled to break the line IMO, we need more from our second rowers.

fourplay

Juniors
Ben Creagh wasn't that good.

Taking 20 hitups outwide doesn't make him a star, all he did was steal the ball off Jennings.

If you watch the game again, notice every time the ball would go out to Jennings and their was some room to move Creagh would run up on his inside and run a sh*tty 10m straight line run and get tackled.

Getting some stats on the board doesn't mean he played well because it was at the expense of others.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I was troubled by the fact that in the second half that NSW kept the play almost exclusively down the left flank. They broke Queensland's line whenever they went right as a result.

Apey

Staff member
pathetic comment.

Why? Perhaps I was confusing it with 'inexperience', I'll give you that. I just thought for a lot of the game they were quite lazy and looked a little.. hmm.. disinterested? at times.

If he hadn't made those mistakes, we had a great chance at sending the game into golden point.

His errors were more costly then any of the referee mistakes and errors other players had made. His mistakes happened at the worst possible time for NSW. He absolutely destroyed our momentum.

This really just reeks of scapegoating to me.

The foot outside the line - I completely agree. It screwed our momentum and it was a terrible, terrible error. Like I said in another thread though, I think people are being a little harsh on the knock-on. Our halves hadn't created a thing all game and they were going to magically score from 70m with 30 seconds to go? Fair enough - Gidley did cost us that 'chance'.. but imo, we were outplayed if we were in that position, having to score a try 70m out, and being outplayed isn't one man's fault.

Ur saying we had no chance of winning when those two errors were made???

First one was a very costly error. Not so much the second. I understand he robbed them the chance, but I would have bet my house on them not scoring if it didn't.

Gaba

First Grade
Do you actually say anything else or are you infact just a monkey with a keyboard?
Who let this monkey type, he has no idea on the game, no wonder he likes no plans Bellamy

Just face it your beloved Bellamy is no good

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Let's rework the backline:

1. Patten :sarcasm:
2. Morris B
3. Morris J
4. Idris
5. Hayne
6. Campese
7. Gidley