What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin II :: QLD 24 NSW 14 @ ANZ :: Wed 24 Jun

Origin II Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
- Hannant not being marched for kicking LO'D's knee. Ryles got sent off for kicking in 2008, when did the rules change? Then to award QLD a penalty? FMD...
- Barrett getting put on report for a swinging arm to a player already falling, yet Crocker getting away with instigating a fight and escaping punishment altogether.

My other half predicted Hodges would injure himself in game I and Inglis game II, and her prediction for game III is Slater. Sorry Melbourne :)

You cannot possibly call that a kick, it was a small tap to his knee. LOD tried to milk it for all it was worth, he looked as if he had a serious knee injury. As soon as he realised he wasn't going to get the penalty he was up and fine, miraculous recovery!

If Crocker doesn't throw the first then the NSW guy would have, basically self defence. Also the refs seemed to miss the guy knocking it on at the play the ball just before the biff.

Already falling? He wasn't falling, he was already down there and Barett lined up a cheap shot from behind. Your other half is wrong because Inglis did not injure himself.

Big Pete

Referee
Players have lashing out with their feet is one of the most inconsistent penalties in a game. I remember in 07 up in North Queensland Ty Williams lashed out (trying to get up to get a quick play the ball mind you, no intent) at Michael Ennis and connected right in his head, naturally Ennis reacted and Cowboys were awarded the penalty for the reaction.

Fast forward to this season and Nate Myles is trying to get up from a 3 man Brisbane tackle and is thrashing about wildly before making contact with Parker who goes down like a ton of bricks, penalty Brisbane.

I thought the penalty went to the wrong side but I'll have to watch it again just to make sure. From first glance, it reminded me a lot of a similar circumstance in Game 1 2006 where Johnson I believe knee'd Buderus and was rewarded the penalty.

Latest posts