What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin II :: QLD 24 NSW 14 @ ANZ :: Wed 24 Jun

Origin II Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chook Norris

First Grade
.....again NSW do not have a forward pack to match QLD. Stating the obvious. No go forward, no starch in defence, no pressure on QLD kickers. Nothing. Enough of A. Johns' involvement with NRL teams and the NSW team. He is not having much success with his personal coaching.

We need some good props. Are there any around we haven't tried yet?
if Only Moi Moi was available for selection...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
seriously wally you are that bad its farcical , not only your weak non existant kicking but your passing game is suicidal . King of the low wobbly hospital throw . Only good news is you now get on a plane and f*ck off to continue hampering brisbanes season . :lol:

I know buddy, we have to deal with him on a fulltime basis. Was very surprised he was picked again, but water under the bridge now I guess.

QLD's game was one of the bravest performances by a single team I have ever seen. I'm not sure if any players from NSW could have broken that QLD spirit tonight tbh...

skeepe

Immortal
Wow. Well done Queensland on overcoming injury, foul play and an absolutely diabolical refereeing display to take the series. Absolutely brilliant, considering the following decisions:

* The failure of the referees to send Trent Barrett off for a vicious, deliberate attack to Inglis's jaw.
* The inexplicable "No Try" ruling for a blatant knock back
* The equally inexplicable "Try" ruling despite O'Donnell blatantly holding Folau out of the play. How the f**k can you give benefit of the doubt on an obstruction play? Where the f**k was the doubt? Doubt over how hard he had a hold of him? Please.
* Michael Crocker being penalised despite the fact that Justin Poore clearly instigated the confrontation. Crocker was penalised because he defended himself, nothing more.
* A blatant knock on by Jamie Lyon missed
* Joel Monaghan getting to a bomb in the in-goal, knocking it forward and dead only for the ruling to be a Queensland line drop-out.

Honestly, the standard of refereeing is absolutely abysmal in our game today. It is quite clearly at an all-time low and one man, and one man alone is responsible for that.

Robert Finch, resign. Do it now. You are a cancer on our sport. Under you, the refereeing ranks have become a complete and utter shambles to the point where nobody has any confidence that even the most clear-cut decisions will be made correctly. You have no qualifications other than being a failed football manager. Do the honourable thing and stop ruining the game.

4 in a row. How sweet it is.

Apey

Staff member
NSW can't rely on a single player to step up and lead them to glory, they need to harden up and step up as a whole team. It makes the selector's job quite difficult when they are forced to make decisions as individual player's continue to f**k up.

On one hand you want the team to stick together and grow as a TEAM... but then you have some players who play like absolute sh*t and it makes it very hard to trust them for the next few games. Then you have players who shouldn't have been picked to begin with. It's all very messy.

Is the answer to perservere yet again, or cut out some of the deadwood once again? And is it really deadwood? Some of the player's just look like they weren't mentally prepared for the game at all tonight and it's frustrating to watch. NSW need someone on the coaching staff with passion.

I'd be happy to know NSW were making progress if I saw them put in a team performance, win or lose. At least then we would have something to build on :\

skeepe

Immortal
By the way, anybody else see Learoyd-Lahrs put Watmough on his arse in the warm up with the tackle bag? Quality hit, better than anything else NSW served up all night!

:lol:

Vossy

Bench
skeepe, sftu

how the f*ck can queenslanders whinge about the refs, if you actually paid attention (i know its hard for you QLDers to do) you would have seen qld getting away with murder, laying all over the blues players for an eternity, slowing it down, offside for majority of the game, failure of the refs to blow penalties

anyone who thinks barrett should be suspended needs to put a skirt on and go play netball, cause you are soft

apart from that, NSW are a disgrace to the people of this state

skeepe

Immortal
skeepe, sftu

how the f*ck can queenslanders whinge about the refs, if you actually paid attention (i know its hard for you QLDers to do) you would have seen qld getting away with murder, laying all over the blues players for an eternity, slowing it down, offside for majority of the game, failure of the refs to blow penalties

Well they were consistent then because NSW did exactly the same thing.

anyone who thinks barrett should be suspended needs to put a skirt on and go play netball, cause you are soft

Inglis has a broken jaw and Barrett is facing 3 weeks. I hardly think intentionally breaking a bloke's jaw is "tough".

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
skeepe, sftu

apart from that, NSW are a disgrace to the people of this state

I'm guessing from the above that:

A) punching someone from behind is now legal when tackling

B) tackling the marker to make a hole for the dummy-half to crash over the line is now legal

C) the attacking team knocking on ingoal still means a line droput from the defence.

Either that, or you're a complete f**king idiot.

I don't see why Queensland supporters are whining and whinging about the referee and Barrett. You won, why is anything else important?
Some of the decisions Skeepe noted were fair calls anyway. Queensland were offside and not square at marker countless times during the first 20 minutes. Yet I don't feel the need to go and list what occured and who was offside, what the referee should have ruled etc

It's pressure from people who constantly complain about referees that has turned them into what they are now. In fear of getting a decision wrong we have to watch dozens of replays from different angles for minutes on end. Then when complaints are made about that, the referees try to make decisions on the spot and are again criticised if the decision is wrong on replay. Give it a break, focus on the players and the football.

Last edited:

Jono1987

Juniors
NSW Selectors gone.

Bellamy gone.

Keepers; Gidley, Hayne, Weyman, O'Donnell, Watmough,

Maybe's; Lyon, Barrett, Creagh, Gallen, Poore, Stewart, Morris, Monaghan

f**k off; Wolfman, Wallace, Kite, Farrah,

My team for Origin 3.

1. J. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. M. Jennings/J. Morris
4. M. Cooper/ J. Lyon
5. J. Monaghan
6. T. Barret
7. J. Mullen/ B. Kimmorely
8. T. Learoyd Lahrs
9. M. Ennis
10. M. Weyman
11. A. Watmough
12. B. Creagh
13. L. O'Donnell

14. K. Gidley
15. P. Gallen
16. G. Stewart
17. J. Poore

Danish

Referee
Just got back from the game...

ODonnell, Creagh, Gallen. Chokers of the highest order. LOD drops 2 absolute gifts in the dying minutes, costing us the winning try. Creagh drops the ball cold TWICE inside QLD's half early in the set when we had all the momentum, Gallen throws a "i want to be a hero" offload straight to folau and then on the next tackle arm grabs at Inglis to let in the first try.

The so-called star backrow of ours were a joke. Throw Glen Stewart into that mix as well. Surprisingly Whatmough was the only one who could hold his head high.

Also, Kite.... what a joke. His jersey was still brand f**king new in the 75th minute. Absolute nothing of a prop, and Williams had a shocker too.

All in all the Manly influence really f**ked us tonight. As did the complete lack of bulldogs. Sack the selectors now, in particular Fulton and Daley

Jason Maher

Immortal
Haven't got time to read 500+ posts. Queensland were the better team tonight and thoroughly deserved to win. Even with the refs on our side, we weren't up to it. The side selected was wrong, but that cannot be the full answer, and it doesn't give Queensland the credit they deserve.

Here's hoping we look to the future and pick a team of young blokes for game 3. That is the only way we'll ever fight our way out of the current mess we find ourselves in - backing our young talent and giving them a fair dinkum chance to prove themselves - not just one game before dropping them.

BWNB

First Grade
The Barret hit looked bad, but it wasnt really that bad, yes he got him round the chops but where was the first contact? That should be taken into consideration.

nuthead

Juniors
Wow. Well done Queensland on overcoming injury, foul play and an absolutely diabolical refereeing display to take the series. Absolutely brilliant, considering the following decisions:

* The failure of the referees to send Trent Barrett off for a vicious, deliberate attack to Inglis's jaw.
* The inexplicable "No Try" ruling for a blatant knock back
* The equally inexplicable "Try" ruling despite O'Donnell blatantly holding Folau out of the play. How the f**k can you give benefit of the doubt on an obstruction play? Where the f**k was the doubt? Doubt over how hard he had a hold of him? Please.
* Michael Crocker being penalised despite the fact that Justin Poore clearly instigated the confrontation. Crocker was penalised because he defended himself, nothing more.
* A blatant knock on by Jamie Lyon missed
* Joel Monaghan getting to a bomb in the in-goal, knocking it forward and dead only for the ruling to be a Queensland line drop-out.

Honestly, the standard of refereeing is absolutely abysmal in our game today. It is quite clearly at an all-time low and one man, and one man alone is responsible for that.

Robert Finch, resign. Do it now. You are a cancer on our sport. Under you, the refereeing ranks have become a complete and utter shambles to the point where nobody has any confidence that even the most clear-cut decisions will be made correctly. You have no qualifications other than being a failed football manager. Do the honourable thing and stop ruining the game.

4 in a row. How sweet it is.

Your a moron- Just happened to miss Crocker drop his elbow into Poore's head did we. Typical Queensland f**kwit, the only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor winner.

QUEENSLAND- THEY LIE, THEY CHEAT, THEY STEAL

mxlegend99

Referee
This thread wouldn't be complete without a completely biased post from skeepe, and complaints about the referee from him. Any decision that isn't awarded to the team he supports is clearly wrong, and any decision awarded to them he chooses to ignore.

Latest posts