What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin II :: QLD 24 NSW 14 @ ANZ :: Wed 24 Jun

Origin II Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
Has anyone mentioned the Hannant incident yet??

He studs LOD, and then once he is being held by QLDers Hannant grabs his leg and wrenches as hard as he can on his knee and ankle. I couldnt believe it when I saw it.

Then they penalised LOD!

imasharkie

Coach
Barrett should have been sent off. His cheap shot put our best player out of the game.
The rules should state that if a player is guilty of an illegal offence he should be outed for the same period as his victim + extra time for commiting the illegal offence.
I can't believe the refs let him play out the game while GI sat on the sideline nursing his fracturred scull. Those two refs were gutless last night and I hope Queensland veto them from the next SOO.
I'd like to see Jarrod Maxwell and Ben Cummins be the refs with Sean Hamstead Phil Cooley in the box.

Mr Saab

Referee
Your a moron- Just happened to miss Crocker drop his elbow into Poore's head did we. Typical Queensland f**kwit, the only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor winner.

QUEENSLAND- THEY LIE, THEY CHEAT, THEY STEAL

QLD....they win....they win.....they win....and they win again.
Stop listening to that try hard comedian wannabe in "too tough tunks" He has no idea.

Shorty

Staff member
Actually for once I agree with Skeepe for a majority of those comments.
Anyone that thinks that NSW didn't get the rub of the green last night is f**king deaf and blind.

But the worst were the no trys and (trys with O'donnell clearly holding Folau back) it was obstruction and the Inglis hit which resulted in a broken jaw.
It just makes the victory even sweeter.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Actually for once I agree with Skeepe for a majority of those comments.
Anyone that thinks that NSW didn't get the rub of the green last night is f**king deaf and blind.

But the worst were the no trys and (trys with O'donnell clearly holding Folau back) it was obstruction and the Inglis hit which resulted in a broken jaw.
It just makes the victory even sweeter.
:lol: Surprise you agree with him? He's a Queenslander you goose.

Neither side got the rub of the green last night. Save for a pull-back to the in-goal, Hayne and Archer barely blew each other let alone the whistle in the second half. They didn't want to be controversial so they let everything go, including laying in the ruck and inside the ten, for both sides.

The absolute worst decisions of the night for mine involved the following:

- Hannant not being marched for kicking LO'D's knee. Ryles got sent off for kicking in 2008, when did the rules change? Then to award QLD a penalty? FMD...
- Barrett getting put on report for a swinging arm to a player already falling, yet Crocker getting away with instigating a fight and escaping punishment altogether.

My other half predicted Hodges would injure himself in game I and Inglis game II, and her prediction for game III is Slater. Sorry Melbourne :)

Shorty

Staff member
So let me get this straight - You refuse to acknowledge the NSW clearly got majority of calls last night?
I know Queensland did in game 1, and at least most NSWelshmen can admit it last night.

And this one is even more rich - Hannant, Hannant should be sent off?
What about Barrett, dear oh dear oh dear (as Gus says).

PJ Marshal

Coach
timmah please ban yourself from any football related threads, because you have by far the most useless/dumbest comments to make about the game

not to mention your overall bias, why dont you make yourself useful and make a banner

Titanic

First Grade
Swinging arm from behind (a little wink to his team mates after being put on report)... that's what he learnt in England but as Origin gets a little more scope than the NRL comp he'll get away with a week or less.

Hannant the bad guy and LOD the saint? Were we watching the same game? On the other side of the coin; when will Crocker learn? ...never ...although the open handed slap he got from Poore should sting a bit.

A game that we should never have won turned into another example of Blues' capitulation. I'd love to make it 5 next year but you guys need to get rid of your selectors first, half of the team (Kite, Williams, Lyon, Gallen, Stewart, Wallace, Monaghan) and maybe even your coach.

Timmah

Staff member
timmah please ban yourself from any football related threads, because you have by far the most useless/dumbest comments to make about the game

not to mention your overall bias, why dont you make yourself useful and make a banner
:lol: I've seen two posts from you in this forum and both have been the same crap. Tell your story walking.
So let me get this straight - You refuse to acknowledge the NSW clearly got majority of calls last night?
I know Queensland did in game 1, and at least most NSWelshmen can admit it last night.

And this one is even more rich - Hannant, Hannant should be sent off?
What about Barrett, dear oh dear oh dear (as Gus says).
:lol: Majority of calls?

Penalty count = NSW 2 QLD 4.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Is that all you've got?
I meant the TRYS and also, the Barrett hit.
Not really much else that could have been done for the Barrett hit, it's not within the rules to sinbin him for that offense, and send off, well it may have been too harsh in the context of the game. He'll be rubbed out for 3-4 weeks for that hit though.

We did however get alot of lucky calls IMO, QLD were denied a fair try, Hayne's 2nd try could have gone either way, and there were a few knock-ons that were missed from our boys.

The reffing kept us in it, QLD didn't even really play that well, we were just simply terrible.

Timmah

Staff member
The lack of policing of anything in the last 30 minutes was terrible, both teams were allowed to lay in the PTB, both teams lined up about 8 metres back... neither Hayne nor Archer cared.

The lack of policing of anything in the last 30 minutes was terrible, both teams were allowed to lay in the PTB, both teams lined up about 8 metres back... neither Hayne nor Archer cared.

They were very ordinary. Then again, so were the video refs. Hayne's second try should never have been given. O'Donnell was clearly hanging on to the marker. The Queensland no try, can't remember who the player was, but that was a 50/50 call as well.

No taking it away from Queensland though. They wanted the win more than NSW and applied the pressure from the start. Up quickly, better set defensive lines and they weren't afraid to throw the ball around. NSW on the other hand were a disorganised rabble. They seemed to forget how to tackle or catch the ball (or pass for that matter).

Red Bear

Referee
Well done Qld too good once again, as was to be expected. NSW went backwards this game compared to origin 1.

How did hannet get a penalty for kicking luke o'donnel???