What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: QF1 Fri :: Storm 40 Sea Eagles 12 @ Etihad

Qualifying Final 1 :: Storm v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gong_eagle

First Grade
Congrats Storm fans, only positive I can take out of this game is that we scored points

Never in my time of watching league have I ever seen a halfback go missing the way Orford did last nit, wtf Our forwards were going ok early on and he should have stepped up and took a bit of control but he seemed to be happy to hide out wide and it was Wolfmans reading of the defence that allowed the Storm their 1st 2 tries

Garts

Bench
I highly doubt we will come out and smash someone next week (if we last that long) without King and Lyon playing. Even if they were playing I would say the same thing. We are gone based on last nights performance.

Congrats Storm fans, only positive I can take out of this game is that we scored points

Never in my time of watching league have I ever seen a halfback go missing the way Orford did last nit, wtf Our forwards were going ok early on and he should have stepped up and took a bit of control but he seemed to be happy to hide out wide and it was Wolfmans reading of the defence that allowed the Storm their 1st 2 tries

Gong...totally agree with your post.

Orford went missing when he played for Storm as well. He is a good halfback but in the close games is a not a game breaker and never will be.

The sooner Manly realise this the better...

Williams defence is poor. He rushed at the attacking player and you cannot do this against the likes of Inglis because he will just fend and offload. Bellamy targetted Williams and it worked.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
What a crap start to the finals. I was expecting an exciting and tough game. Thanks Manly!

Hopefully the rest of the games a bit more exciting.

Congrats to the Storm though. They played great. Slater is back to his previous form which is a little scary

Lowdown

Juniors
I commented before the game that Storm would win comfortably and they certainly did.

Many non-Storm fans wouldnt have noticed a few subtle changes that have seen the Storm clickup a few gears over the last few weeks - but Ryan Tandy is a deadset big-time player.

In a few weeks he's blown opponents away. Aiden Tolman is also firing. Whilst much has been made of Storm's lack of forwards - I actually think our forward pack is better than 2008. If Sika was in - it would be on par with 2007. White, Lima, Tolman, Tandy, Blair, Hoffman, Johnson, Smith, Hinchcliff - collectively they are simply too strong for Manly. No wonder Cronk,, Finch, Slater and Inglis are having a field day in recent weeks.

For much of the season - we've struggled to make yards - now we're comfortably making 40-50m per set and over 1,500m per game.

As for Gus Gould - I can remember a few Manly v Storm game where Gus has talked up Manly physically during the game only to be made to look stupid. He said the same thing in 2007 GF, and also earlier this season at Brookie. He can certainly make himself look average at times.

The likes of Tandy, Koopu, Hinchcliffe have been more than able bench players and next year we will have Manu back and Jessie Bromwich and John Kite (apparently) from the Dogs to add size to the second tier players along with Kevin Proctor.

Dane Nielson has come out of his shell and has good pace and will be a good replacement For Turner.

Noa

First Grade
Reminds me of a quote I heard once about a great basketballer, which went "you know where he's going to go, you knew exactly what he was going to do, but you still couldnt stop him.....thats greatness".

This is very apt when talking about GI.

Whoever said it is a deluded merkin...if GI is all we have then who the hell is Slater, Smith, Cronk, Hoffman etc...

Downie

Guest Moderator
Just a bit of sledging, nothing more to it. "That's all they've got" is used all the time.

Noa

First Grade
Just a bit of sledging, nothing more to it. "That's all they've got" is used all the time.

Yep.

Was probably reverse phsyc. You say "Early ball to Gi, thats all they've got" but at the same time your thinking "f**k I hope they stop going early to GI".

Or at least Wolfman is.

bennoonthehill

Juniors
Not sure how he coudl have made one tackle bust from one run, but have made 0 total metres. Anyway, its a small point, he was dreadful, but pretty much the whole team were awful. Reading how bad Heath had taken the Hall tragedy, i wonder if it had affected the boys more that we might have thought? Not an excuse, just makes me wonder.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Attention Manly:

bye bye now.

PS - 40-12.

Yes it sucks, it has been a painful end to a painful year!

However it could be worse. I would much rather exit the comp by getting smashed now, rather than make our third straight grand final and lose it 40-0....