What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 R1 :: Sat :: Bulldogs 34 Sea Eagles 12 @ ANZ

09 Round 1 :: Bulldogs v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gong_eagle

First Grade
Robertson
T. Williams
Matai
Lyon
Bani
Bailey
Orford
Kite
Ballin
Perry
Stewart
Hall
Rodney

Lestrange
King
Rose
Cuthbertson

heard that young Hoppa is in the frame for selection as well, he was very close to be picked for WCC

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Predicted Doggies lineup:

1 Luke Patten
2 Hazem El Masri
3 Jamal Idris
4 Josh Morris
5 Matt Utai
6 Ben Roberts
7 Brett Kimmorley
8 Ben Hannant
9 Michael Ennis
10 Michael Hodgson
11 Nick Kouparitsas
12 Andrew Ryan
13 David Stagg

14 Lee Te Maari
15 Sione (John) Kite
16 Danny Williams or Gary Warburton
17 Michael Sullivan

I don't believe that's all that bad, in fact I think that's a side that could easily bring it home. Kimmorley + Ennis is a very good half-hooker combo tbh.

Garts

Bench
Manly are clearly the better side on paper but that does not mean much. I will tip Manly based on this as I have nothing else to go on. Would not be surprised if we get rolled though with everything which has been going on.

Timmah

Staff member
Round 1 team announced
Seven players will make their debut for the Bulldogs when they take on NRL Premiers and World Club Champions, the Manly Sea Eagles, at ANZ Stadium this Saturday night.

Josh Morris, Bryson Goodwin, Brett Kimmorley, Ben Hannant, Michael Ennis, Michael Hodgson and David Stagg are all part of the Bulldogs aggressive off season recruiting campaign and have impressed in off season training and trial games.

The team also includes winger Hazem El Masri who requires just seven points to become the greatest pointscorer in the history of the Premiership. Jamal Idris, John Kite and Ben Barba, who all starred in last year's NYC team, have also been named in the team to take on Manly.

Bulldogs Head Coach Kevin Moore says the team brings together a good combination of youth, experience and new ideas.

"We are excited about taking on Manly in round; it will give us a true indication on how we are travelling," Moore said today.

"The trials were always going to be used to test a number of things, especially combinations and players competing hard for selection for this match, which they have done really well.

"It's great to have Luke Patten back, his combination with Mick Ennis and the halves is vitally important and it will give us a great base to work off."

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamal Idris
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Gary Warburton
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

Interchange
14. Lee Te Maari
15. Chris Armit
16. John Kite
17. Ben Barba

http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=2068

Gaba

First Grade
Has to be query about pattern's fitness and if he gets injured badly again might be near retirement

Timmah

Staff member
Relevance? Talk about pulling one from left field? He had no problems in the trial two weeks ago.

Gaba

First Grade
Relevance? Talk about pulling one from left field? He had no problems in the trial two weeks ago.

How long did he play for ?

Trials are different to the actual comp, i think the coming weeks will test how fit he is