What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R11 Mon :: Cowboys 36 Knights 10 @ Dairy Farmers

Round 11 :: Cowboys v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
Why do people give Skeepe sh*t when Spike does the exact same sh*t in Raiders threads :lol:

Spike and Skeepe are great value and are actually twins each born in a separate universes. The Knights/Raider battle is going to be great.

hope we win off a dubious call, lol. :sarcasm:

mxlegend99

Referee
I think your right, and I hope so. Ive always liked Mullen as a player and the knights have been a hard team to hate this year even for me, they've played a really good style of footy, similar to us last year.

Looks like the entire team were off tonight so hopefully Mullen takes some time, refocuses and gets back to playing his natural game. As i know with Campo, over playing your hand only digs you deeper into a hole

Makes me kinda glad that neither of our halves have high expectations on them at this point in their careers. They're both solid players, who seem to work fairly well together. If these blokes were being talked up and potential NSW saviours it would probably get in their head and cause them to f*ck up bigtime.

While i reckon Luke Lewis should have been in the side, i have full faith that Craig Wing will have his head in the right spot for the game and could come in handy if anyone of Farah, Campese or Wallace are trying too hard and making silly mistakes.

Although Luke Lewis could have covered the rookie backs aswell as the inexperienced halves. But that's my bias talking. :lol:

perverse

Referee
could see this loss coming a mile away. we're too young a side to keep it up for extended periods of time. we were bound to have a loss like this eventually and will probably have another against the dogs this weekend (although i doubt it will be as embarrassing). our boys will bounce back... although this defeat will make the origin period very tough.

learned a lot about the knights tonight i think, if we were genuine contenders it's a game we would have turned up for. still plenty of time to turn it around and we're still in a good position on the ladder... however we'll need to come through the origin period with at least as many wins as losses... and it's going to be difficult on the back of tonights game.

Charlie124

First Grade
Should be a good game.

Cowboys have beaten the Dragons and then the Warriors away from home. Huge effort there.

But I reckon they are still sh*t, it's just Thurston doing everything.

Oooops!!! :lol:

Cowboys are a one-man team. Shut Thurston down, win the game. Quite simple really.

How'd that simple game plan work out for you? Arrogant little prick.

Cows by 13+

Bravo!

Just like last year?

You really shouldn't take the form of previous years into account, are you tipping the Bulldogs for the spoon based on last year??

I think we'll win because i think we're a better team, playing at home in a fairly big game just before the bye. I think we'll really turn it on for the crowd.

:clap::clap::clap:

IMO the way the Cowboys play they are the worst TEAM in the comp. Thurston and to a lesser extent Bowen are all they have. The Knights on the other hand have threats all over the park, it could be anyone creating a chance. Pretty sure the ladder paints a clear picture for you.

AAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA Where do i even start with this one??? Youll have to point out exactly who these "threats all over the park" are for you guys?

Mullo to make JT his bitch yet again

Mullen is second rate, and showed it tonight, completely MIA after finding out about Campese getting the nod over him. Very immature.

mullo loves playing against prince and thurston

brings out the best in him :D

Wonder how much he loves it now.... if that was his best i'd hate to see him have an off night LOL

Charlie124

First Grade
For those Knights supporters who didn't act like complete wankers leading up to this game by arrogantly mocking Cowboys supporters for backing their team, the above post is not directed at you.

For the rest, bash that your arses you smug little pricks!!!!!

For those Knights supporters who didn't act like complete wankers leading up to this game by arrogantly mocking Cowboys supporters for backing their team, the above post is not directed at you.

As I said which you kindly left out of your little quotes section. "The ladder paints a clear picture for you".

And, your right. The Knights didn't have any threats tonight, let alone "threats all over the park". The Cowboys did but what did they have in Round 3 vs Storm or Round 5 vs Titans or Round 8 vs Eels? The exact same, NOTHING.

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
The cowboys defence was brutal tonight!...It took me by surprise as the raiders defence was never very good under Henry.

Charlie124

First Grade
Do you do that after every win? :lol:

I predicted your mob to win.

Absolutely not, only when opposition fans are so cocky & arrogant that they carry on the way some of your fans did when i said we would win.

Anyone would think you guys were undefeated and winning every game by 20+.

And as i clearly pointed out, that post was only directed at those people, not all knights fans.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Fantastic game from the Cows, agressive and fast in defence and their forwards really stood up for them. JT and Payne made the most of the excellent go forward , picking holes and slow markers left right and centre.

The only word to describe the Knights was woeful and we should have been beaten by more. Slack defence, next to no go forward and for some reason Smithy decided to take our best performer off (De Gois) for way too long.

Good win Cowboys :clap:

Shorty

Staff member
Makes me kinda glad that neither of our halves have high expectations on them at this point in their careers. They're both solid players, who seem to work fairly well together. If these blokes were being talked up and potential NSW saviours it would probably get in their head and cause them to f*ck up bigtime.

While i reckon Luke Lewis should have been in the side, i have full faith that Craig Wing will have his head in the right spot for the game and could come in handy if anyone of Farah, Campese or Wallace are trying too hard and making silly mistakes.

Although Luke Lewis could have covered the rookie backs aswell as the inexperienced halves. But that's my bias talking. :lol:
I (and probably a lot of Knights fans) often wonder what Mullen would have turned out like had he not had the pressures of Origin on him so early.

I mean, hell, the guy had barely played any first grade when he was touted as the next Joey....way too much pressure for a 19 year old.
Whereas someone like Peter Wallace was left just enough to be mature enough to handle the Origin arena...

I still don't think Mullen would have been quite ready - With Wallace inside him he'd certainly do the job but I think if the Knights make the finals this year that he'll really shine.
could see this loss coming a mile away. we're too young a side to keep it up for extended periods of time. we were bound to have a loss like this eventually and will probably have another against the dogs this weekend (although i doubt it will be as embarrassing). our boys will bounce back... although this defeat will make the origin period very tough.

learned a lot about the knights tonight i think, if we were genuine contenders it's a game we would have turned up for. still plenty of time to turn it around and we're still in a good position on the ladder... however we'll need to come through the origin period with at least as many wins as losses... and it's going to be difficult on the back of tonights game.
I think you're being a bit harsh on them Perverse.
They're still a very young team and losses like that were to be expected but they'll learn from it and turn up against the Bulldogs next week.
They're going to be a dominating team next year.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Absolutely not, only when opposition fans are so cocky & arrogant that they carry on the way some of your fans did when i said we would win.

And as i clearly pointed out, that post was only directed at those people, not all knights fans.
:lol: :lol: Chip on your shoulder much?

5. Knights

9. Cowboys

That is all.

Charlie124

First Grade
:lol: :lol: Chip on your shoulder much?

5. Knights

9. Cowboys

That is all.

I wouldnt say "that is all". Especially when you consider....

4. Panthers 14
5. Knaughts 14 (going to get pounded by the Dogs and stay on 14)
6. Titans 14 (on a bye, move ahead to 16)
7. Storm 13 (on a bye, move ahead to 15)
8. Rabbitohs 13 (very good chance to beat the raiders, move ahead to 15)
9. Cowboys 12 (on a bye, move to 14 and ahead of the Knaughts because of a much better F/A)

36 - 10
That is all.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I wouldnt say "that is all". Especially when you consider....

4. Panthers 14
5. Knaughts 14 (going to get pounded by the Dogs and stay on 14)
6. Titans 14 (on a bye, move ahead to 16)
7. Storm 13 (on a bye, move ahead to 15)
8. Rabbitohs 13 (very good chance to beat the raiders, move ahead to 15)
9. Cowboys 12 (on a bye, move to 14 and ahead of the Knaughts because of a much better F/A)

36 - 10
That is all.
You really need to stop taking life so seriously.

That is all.

skeepe

Immortal
:lol: WTF do you have to do with where and when I post? :lol:

I give you sh*t because you have an unhealthy obsession against Newcastle which borders on being a medical problem.

If you must know I haven't posted in this thread because it got boring and I have a few other things to do around LU than give you sh*t. Which I'll continue to do all year if I have to.

Apologies mate, forgot what a big man you were round these boards.

Don't give Timmah sh*t everyone, he's got things to do round LU!

Haven't you been carrying on because Knights fans said their team would win? :lol:
Grow a thicker skin, if you can't hack others thinking your team will lose then there is really no point in you coming on LU. For what it's worth, the Cowboys performance last night did not change my opinion one bit :)

That is all.

mozza91

Coach

LOL you really need to harden up mate, Knights fans are allowed to have an opinion and be confident.
Cowboys were way too good and deserved their win, we were poor and deserved to get smashed

Charlie124

First Grade
Haven't you been carrying on because Knights fans said their team would win? :lol:
Grow a thicker skin, if you can't hack others thinking your team will lose then there is really no point in you coming on LU. For what it's worth, the Cowboys performance last night did not change my opinion one bit :)

That is all.

Actually no, I've got no problem with opposition fans backing their team to win. What i was "carrying on about" were those quoted knights fans who were so arrogantly dismissing anyone tipping otherwise as if they were idiots.

I was glad to see the boys bring them back to earth with an almighty thud.

Charlie124

First Grade
LOL you really need to harden up mate, Knights fans are allowed to have an opinion and be confident.
Cowboys were way too good and deserved their win, we were poor and deserved to get smashed

Of course they are, just like Cowboys fans are...... without having a pack of little wankers giving them sh*t for daring to back their team.

Latest posts