What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R15 Fri :: Bulldogs 19 Panthers 12 @ ANZ

Round 15 :: Bulldogs v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LL3

Juniors
Bullsh!t...the Dogs slowed the ball down a HELL of a lot more. Watch the game again with a stop watch...guarantee they were holding down longer and they were NEVER square.

Bllody oath the dogs slowed it down more, i cant believe how dogs fans see things so much differently to NORMAL fans. Does their sh*t ever stink? disgraceful fans

bigfoot

Juniors
Yep, penalty count was lob-sided (as usual), but in the end the Dogs got the cake. Congrats.
They were pretty crap though tbh, didn't look like a top side AT ALL... however they took their opportunities when they came like a good team does, which we didn't.

Comments on a few players:
Sammut - Why the hell isn't he the first choice kicker over Walsh? :crazy:
Blair - Congrats fatty, you didn't drop the ball! :lol:
Emelio - I can see why he hasn't been in first grade. Too many errors and didn't bother to put his body on the line to contest the last try. He could have stopped it IMO! :x
Graham and Walsh - kicking game was pretty crap, some of the last tackle options were terrible. Hopefully they'll improve over time with a bit of experience.
Smith - f**k me, how many times did he drop it? 100? As I mentioned in the Panthers forum, Cooper > Smith.
Pritchard - Good game big fella.
Probably forgetting a couple of others here.

Also, we have yet ANOTHER injury, Shane Elford... we now have our first choice 1 - 5 as well as one of our depth players injured. :lol:

maple_69

Bench
Yeah refs were a bit biased but we didn't cop any horrific decisions.
I thought we needed to get up 12-0 after our frantic start and that's where we lost it. I think Lewis really would of helped us at that point.
Our kicking game was crap tonight whereas Kimmorley was excellent. Our forwards were very good with the exception of Smith who is a hack and should be nowhere near first grade. I didn't think Blair was too bad tonight, Tighe was worse, but Emilio offered nothing.
Frank Puletua was good, Pritchard good, Aiton great.
I think the Bulldogs always had the game in hand tonight although we had them rattled early, but was a great effort from Penrith and I think if we can get through this run of injuries we'll be very competitive towards the end.

jimmythehand

Juniors
congrats panthers you put up a great fight. that short passing game to move our forwards around in the first half was very clever. Good on the dogs for pulling through even though they weren't really up for it.

lol at ll3. again. how's that dog going that you flogged to death?

As for refs calls, Bulldogs only slightly in front. Looked to me like Panthers first try came from a 'knock-on' from Ryan that went 5 metres back without even touching a panthers player. Plenty of other 50/50 calls went Panthers way too. Just coz Sammut is lightweight and gets bent in half every tackle doesn't mean they're high shots.

Last edited:

bigfoot

Juniors
Yeah I didn't think the refereeing was that bad, there were sh*t calls both ways (as usual :lol:), maybe favoring the dogs a bit however they were the home team and that usually happens.
I was pissed off with the penalty count though. I could have sworn there was about a 50 minute period where we didn't get a single one? :p

murraymob

Coach
well as a panther fan i want to say well done boys .We where expected to get a thrashing but showed pride in the jumper.It was clear tonight when we throw the ball around we become a dangerous team.
We just have to get a few wins while thwe troops are away and we will make the sem ifinals

Shifty

Juniors
I acknowledge the Dogs got lucky with the penalty count. The Panthers had a lot of things going against them going into this game as it was.

They did very well to keep the game so close.

Big Mick

Referee
Credit to the Dogs for taking advantage of their opportunities and grinding out a win.

But either way...i'm deadset stoked with the heart the guys showed to stick with em with the amount of talent not on the field.

jimmythehand

Juniors
Bllody oath the dogs slowed it down more, i cant believe how dogs fans see things so much differently to NORMAL fans. Does their sh*t ever stink? disgraceful fans

I know, we're shocking. But you hit on a good point. Amazingly our poo has a rather fresh but tangy odour to it.

I hear that Dragons fans sh*t is often called the Demtel sh*t. But wait ... there's more ..... and still more ...... and still more.....and still more. Especially when it comes from their mouths.

ironhorse

Juniors
Didn't even notice the refs tonight.

X2 ,there was nothing worth worrying over Tonight .dogs knocked on more tonight than any game this year i think. Although the dogs played well short of their standard this year they always seemed in control of this game. You got the feeling if needed they would have stepped up . Easily the big difference in tonights game was Kimmorley , his kicking split the panther backs every time whereas Walsh found patten or goodwin on the full every time , poor kicking .Scrappy game in poor weather ,score reflects it . I tell you i can understand the frustration at Pritchard ,if he knuckled down consistantly he would be one of the best players in the NRL fullstop .

LL3

Juniors
As for refs calls, Bulldogs only slightly in front. Looked to me like Panthers first try came from a 'knock-on' from Ryan that went 5 metres back without even touching a panthers player. Plenty of other 50/50 calls went Panthers way too. Just coz Sammut is lightweight and gets bent in half every tackle doesn't mean they're high shots.

the sad thing is your serious 50/50 went panthers way, f**k deluded as usual.

hate to meet the dogs in a semi after tonite:crazy:

Xplosive

Juniors

Sounds like ths spastic dragons fans such as yourself claiming soward to be a clean player and not the cheat he really is :sarcasm:

Big Pete

Referee
A weird game of football.

Penrith fans should be proud of their efforts despite such a poor injury toll. Sadly they just lacked that touch of poise that can be the difference between victory and defeat. Not to mention they're not doing themselves any favors by picking players who aren't up to it.

On the other hand, I'd be satisfied as a Bulldogs supporter. Scoring a comfortable victory over a pesky outfit is always nice and you never had to push yourself to earn the two points. Nice job.

Penrith fans were unlucky with the referee but I believe the Penrith side was more at fault than the referee. The right team won on the night.

jimmythehand

Juniors
the sad thing is your serious 50/50 went panthers way, f**k deluded as usual.

hate to meet the dogs in a semi after tonite:crazy:

Actually I never said 50/50 went panthers way. I said the Bulldogs were slightly in front. You just can't get anything right can you? I was about to say you would have to be the dumbest forum poster I have ever come across. Fortunately for you, there's always Gaba.

mxlegend99

Referee
So proud of the effort our boys put in tonight, the only player im dissapointed in is Nathan Smith. He made an error which put the game out of our reach. He has taken over the role that Brendan Worth had last year.

I don't like Nathan Smith and never have. Tonight just helped validate my opinion of him. :)

ByRd

First Grade
Panthers fans complaining about the penalty count, we have played 13 games this year and that is only the 3rd/4th game where we actually won the penalty count, we are second last in the league for receiving penalties.

Also, it was a scrappy game and i knew we wouldnt smash them as people were saying, we never do and always struggle against them, an ugly win but ill take it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Dogs were playing an injury depleted side. As if they needed a 7-3 penalty count to help them win the game. There were a few high shots which weren't penalised from the Dogs, although for the most part the ref was ok. Certainly didn't effect the result in anyway, unlike our last game.

I just wish you guys had injured Nathan Smith. He hasn't missed a game since debuting for us in 2007, and IMO he is easily the most average player in our side. His best games are lucky to be first grade standard, while his typical game is nothing more then racking up a high tackle count and getting smashed about 20 times in his hitups.

ByRd

First Grade
It was a change for us to win a penalty count and seeing us receive them was a surprise lol. It was a scrappy game but the panthers tried hard and played with alot of heart and i though for the most of the game did well to stick around and they could of snuck home in the end.

Smith is useless and i apologise for not injuring him, its amazing they actually stopped him from going back to the Raiders and offered a new deal, what were you guys thinking???