What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R15 Fri :: Bulldogs 19 Panthers 12 @ ANZ

Round 15 :: Bulldogs v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Mick

Referee
What the sh!t was that?...Idris knocks on...he calls 6 again...then Idris picks it up...surely its a knock on and scrum? What the hell is going on out there....

Meth

Staff member
Why? We are not getting any penalties and we are 8 down....we needed it to be within reach.

You had the chance to be 2 points behind, but you pursued the option to be 6 points behind. Even if you scored the goal, you would need to score at least once in the final 20 minutes either way- why not make it so that when you score, it's for the win, not for a chance at a draw.

Each to their own, I suppose.

Big Mick

Referee
Nathan Smith...you farkin Nuffy....should have let you go to the scrap-pile when we had the chance...absolute zero value player.

Meth

Staff member
What the sh!t was that?...Idris knocks on...he calls 6 again...then Idris picks it up...surely its a knock on and scrum? What the hell is going on out there....

that's what I thought too

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
f**k YOU SMITH!...again...knock on...after we score a try and try to consolidate and build some territory.

YOU CONCEDED THAT TRY SMITH YOU PRICK!

Big Mick

Referee
Fair dinkum...this refereeing display would have to be the most Biased i've ever seen...pathetic stuff.

Penalties what...10-2?

I'm proud of these boys tonight...everyone except for Emelio, Blair and Smith...With Dogs only having Hannant out...and having the Ref's on their side...we had Petero, Lewis, Jennings, Gordon, Daniella, Woolnough...ALL out...and to play with that sort of heart and committment...fantastic. If it wasn't for some idiotic refereeing and play's by certain players'...we go close to winning that game.

Caged Panther

First Grade
One day we'll actually have a match where we get the 50-50 calls. Fair dinkum referees just are giving us nothing when it comes to the close calls this year.

LL3

Juniors
Fair dinkum...this refereeing display would have to be the most Biased i've ever seen...pathetic stuff.

Penalties what...10-2?

I'm proud of these boys tonight...everyone except for Emelio, Blair and Smith...With Dogs only having Hannant out...and having the Ref's on their side...we had Petero, Lewis, Jennings, Gordon, Daniella, Woolnough...ALL out...and to play with that sort of heart and committment...fantastic. If it wasn't for some idiotic refereeing and play's by certain players'...we go close to winning that game.

why are all referees nerds and have neva played any sort of sport?

pantherz9103

First Grade
Can't say I'm too disappointed although they did get my hopes up with Pritchard's try only for Smith to drop the ball the next set. I agree with Big Mick, what exactly does this guy bring to the team? and why does he get an automatic start each week?

We only lost by 7 despite having to field players like Emelio, Blair and Tighe and also having to contend with the referees that seem to hate us. The weather wasn't conducive to a high scoring affair so that somewhat lessens the criticism of only scoring 12 points. The Dogs did what they had to do to win, they simply have a better team than we do right now. They are going along very nicely, but it helps when they have all the best players available bar Hannant.

Bye comes at a good time after a couple of losses and mounting injury toll. So long as Jennings and Petero are back soon we'll have a team that should be able to get some wins against the likes of Parra, Souths and New Zealand.

Shifty

Juniors
Poor performance from the Dogs, but put that down to a fantastic effort from the Panthers. They piled on the pressure with their defense and kept trying to the end, despite being on the wrong end of the penalty count.

The Panthers ran the ball hard and did very well at getting numbers into the tackles.

The Panthers received one penalty from an obvious high shot. All other penalties to the Dogs from marker offiside infringements. Gavin Badger I hope your arm extends in the same direction in the second half.

The Panthers were probably lucky not to have a player in the bin for repeated professional fouls. They infringed to slow down the play of the ball and were offside almost every tackle in the first 60 minutes. It definitely prevented the Dogs from getting any momentum.

I thought the Dogs got calls their way, but it was evened out by the Panthers being allowed to slow the game down to the extent they did.

Big Mick

Referee
Poor performance from the Dogs, but put that down to a fantastic effort from the Panthers. They piled on the pressure with their defense and kept trying to the end, despite being on the wrong end of the penalty count.

The Panthers ran the ball hard and did very well at getting numbers into the tackles.

The Panthers were probably lucky not to have a player in the bin for repeated professional fouls. They infringed to slow down the play of the ball and were offside almost every tackle in the first 60 minutes. It definitely prevented the Dogs from getting any momentum.

I thought the Dogs got calls their way, but it was evened out by the Panthers being allowed to slow the game down to the extent they did.

Bullsh!t...the Dogs slowed the ball down a HELL of a lot more. Watch the game again with a stop watch...guarantee they were holding down longer and they were NEVER square.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Bullsh!t...the Dogs slowed the ball down a HELL of a lot more. Watch the game again with a stop watch...guarantee they were holding down longer and they were NEVER square.

Not to mention about 4 or 5 tackles around the head for which we got nothing and that was immediately after the pathetic penalty against Paulo for a head high :roll: