What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sun :: Warriors 14 Bulldogs 18 @ Mt Smart

Round 18 :: Warriors v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jpaciocco91

Juniors
jpaccio, can you explain to me how a team is at nearly full strength when they're missing their two starting front rowers (one of them a marquee signing) as well as an outside back that carved up the opposition in their previous meeting?

That's what i meant, nearly full strength, not at complete full strength, missing three players doesn't exactly make you depleted, considering you still had kimmorley, morris, ennis, patten, etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Three of which we'll be missing on Sunday, with one of them destined to play SOO.

thommo4pm

Coach
Can you name a team that wouldn't struggle if they lost their starting hooker, halfback, marquee signing like Hannant, plus 4 others?

Well I do believe Saints beat Penrith without 10 of our regular first graders playing...including marquee signings Smith & Boyd.
Our starting hooker was forced to play 2nd row, but we had our halfback there.

Rovelli

Bench
I think the Dogs will come here for an arm-wrestle type match. Don't see many points being scored, see opportunities coming few and far between barring many a handling error.

Bulldogs with a 6.5 head start looks a sound bet.

jimmythehand

Juniors
Well I do believe Saints beat Penrith without 10 of our regular first graders playing...including marquee signings Smith & Boyd.
Our starting hooker was forced to play 2nd row, but we had our halfback there.

they didn't just beat them either.

okay let's see how good your prediction turns out then! I'm hoping our club morale and competition for spots will make some of these players lift out of their skins.

ever the eternal optimist.

Timmah

Staff member
"Our starting hooker was forced into the second row" :lol:

Young has played all over the back row before :lol:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I think the Dogs will come here for an arm-wrestle type match. Don't see many points being scored, see opportunities coming few and far between barring many a handling error.

Bulldogs with a 6.5 head start looks a sound bet.

Definately. It means the Dogs only have to score 8 points to have it covered. Even at half strength they can do that.

Timmah

Staff member
LATE MAIL
Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore said he was undecided about who would replace suspended winger Bryson Goodwin and bench forward Greg Eastwood. Heka Nanai and Tim Winitana are options for the wing spot, while Moore said Jamal Idris (elbow) was unlikely to return.
As for Eastwood's spot, he said Lee Te Maari was also unlikely to play due to a knee injury.
"I'll know [the final squad] when they run on the field," Moore quipped.
The Warriors should be as named, but coach Ivan Cleary still named Ukuma Ta'ai as 18th man as a precaution.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhq...en-for-crossman/2009/07/09/1246732428953.html

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Ta'ai as a precaution

And Lillyman survives another week it would seem. FFS if the guy didn't have the price tag he'd be nowhere near first grade. The only thing worse than this mornic Warriors mistake of a signing is that they're too stubborn to drop him.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Warbuton did not travel to New Zealand , is out for 2 weeks according to David Riccio

Source

2GB CCT

gong_eagle

First Grade
:lol: Poor Hazem 2 monsters 2 weeks in a row, Tony Williams to contend with last week and Manu this week

0neye

geez our forwards will struggle against the warriors after the bashing tonight and short back up
Gaylord Poffo said, back up tonight bum boy's :lol:

homoerotic.jpg

thommo4pm

Coach
they didn't just beat them either.

okay let's see how good your prediction turns out then! I'm hoping our club morale and competition for spots will make some of these players lift out of their skins.

ever the eternal optimist.

Well I hope for you guys also that you win...it will be a massive boost to the rest of your club if the side gets up tomorrow....and I've tipped the Dogs so I want to get the tip right for my tipping comps. ;-)

LeagueNut

First Grade
The rain has eased off for now, but it will still be wet underfoot. Forecasts say gale force winds later though.

Liam

Juniors
Seeing as how Idris(4) partners El Masri(2) does that mean that today Utai(4) will partner El Masri? Because if it does then Manu will score a hat trick.