What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R19 Fri DH :: Broncos 12 Rabbitohs 44 @ Suncorp

Round 19 :: Broncos v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

teams-bri-main.jpg

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Steve Michaels 4. Justin Hodges 5. Alex Glenn
6. Darren Lockyer (c) 7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Joel Clinton
11. Guy Williams 12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker​

Interchange: 14. Tonie Carroll 15. Lagi Setu 16. Ben Te’o 17. Dave Taylor​

teams-sou-alt.jpg

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Jamie Simpson 3. Colin Best 4. Beau Champion 5. Fetuli Talanoa
6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow
8. Luke Stuart 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. Ben Lowe 12. Eddy Pettybourne
13. David Fa’alogo​

Interchange: 14. Craig Wing 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Michael Crocker 17. Scott Geddes
Reserves: 18. Dave Tyrrell​

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger & Tony De Las Heras
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy & Phil Haines
Video Referee: Tim Mander​

Toyota Cup Round 19
Brisbane v South Sydney
Suncorp Stadium, Friday 4:25pm​

QLD Cup Round 17
Norths (BRI) v Central
Bileola, Saturday 2:30pm​

NSW Cup Round 16
Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) v North Sydney (SOU)
Leichhardt Oval, Sunday 10:45am​

r19-brisou.jpg

Last edited:

Bodsy

Juniors
This game could be a danger game for Broncos, many origin players backing up.

Should be a good game, two desperate teams wanting the victory.

I'm confident souths can get up here, I'll be going up to watch em, I think they can pull of a victory.

We are generally very competitive against the Broncos. For some strange reason, we always front up when we play them. We still have a very poor win ratio against them but in most cases when we have been expecting a flogging, there has generally only ever been one or two tries in it at the end.

The result of this one will be very dependant on Origin. The Broncos have four (or five) backing up, we have two. I would say that there is a large chance that Lockyer and Hodges will both be rested for this regardless of how they pull up after Origin, just because of the short turnaround and the fact that they are both a little injury prone nowadays. No Folau, which is always a help as well. Besides, the Broncos form, like ours, hasn't been spectacular of late.

If we have a bit of luck with our Origin players and actually turn up to play, we could quite possibly pinch this one. If we get up here, it will make the race for 7th and 8th spots very interesting in the coming weeks.

Timmah

Staff member
Last 9:
Brisbane 32 - 18 @ Suncorp 2008
Brisbane 8 - 4 @ Suncorp 2007
South Sydney 34 - 14 @ ANZ 2006
Brisbane 30 - 12 @ Suncorp 2006
Brisbane 36 - 12 @ Suncorp 2005
Drawn 34 - 34 @ SFS 2004
Brisbane 48 - 28 @ Suncorp 2004
Brisbane 22 - 20 @ SFS 2003
Brisbane 42 - 16 @ SFS 2002

jarro

Juniors
We should get the points here, last weekends game against the Warriors was a good wakeup call for us and gave us a fair bit of confidence :cool:

Broncos 13 +

Godz Illa

Coach
Souths have only had 6 wins, but their two Origin players can't crack the starting side lol. What is up with that

Timmah

Staff member
Maybe the coach thinks they make better impact off the bench? No idea. Taylor's gone loopy IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
Hooker Aaron Gorrell will play five-eighth for Brisbane against South Sydney on Friday night as the Broncos count the toll from the third State of Origin match.
Gorrell replaces injured captain Darren Lockyer (medial ligament) while Ben Teo has been promoted to the starting pack to replace Sam Thaiday who injured his ribs in Wednesday night's wild finish to Origin III.
The news could get worse for Broncos coach Ivan Henjak with centre Justin Hodges and fullback Karmichael Hunt still to confirm whether they'll back up from Origin against South Sydney in the first game of the NRL's double header which was close to a sellout on Thursday.
Lockyer's latest knee injury is not considered too serious.
It is not the knee that plagued him through last season and cost him his place in Queensland's Origin side.
"It's not the best news but we've had a really good week of training with the guys who have been here," said Henjak.
"We'll have 17 players tomorrow (Friday) and they'll do a good job.
"We've still got tomorrow to get through (with Hodges and Hunt)."
Hodges has a poor track record at backing up after Origin and Test matches.
"Hodgo will ring me in the morning and hopefully he'll be there tomorrow night," said Henjak.
The Bulldogs play Gold Coast in the second match of the Suncorp Stadium double header.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...yer-thaiday-out-of-double-header/default.aspx

Timmah

Staff member
Hodges will probably try to seek out Noddy, Morris or Ennis in the tunnel between the games :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
:?

I was talking about off the field. Morris and Hodges aren't on opposing teams tonight :lol:

DeeJ

Bench
Oh yes pardon me, I got confused there for a second. In that case then he would only really have a go at Kimmorley. Josh Morris didn't seem to play with the presence to instigate anything.