What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R20 Sat :: Cowboys 20 Panthers 28 @ Dairy Farmers

Round 20 :: Cowboys v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigfoot

Juniors
I dunno mate, but honestly that was a try any day of the week in my opinion, no matter who scored it. I also thought Lyon's one was a fair try too. Hayne's one maybe not as it looked "more deliberate" IMO (although that doesn't really make sense because they were all sort of deliberate in a way :p).
My bias is probably getting the better of me in all this though, haha.

It seems to me the 2 ref system is not working

I don't know what the problem is with the referees, but as a whole the standard has been absolutely terrible IMO.

Looking at your draw - Warriors (thats a given), Dragons (hard one), Broncos (that's a given) Souths (a win easily), Eels (should do that one) and Knights (a given here as well) - so that means 34 points and probably 5th spot.

Wow, you rate us pretty highly then. Broncos game is away at Suncorp and I don't think that will be a given at all, depending on which players they have back by then. Also the Eels were great last night and will be hard at Parramatta, and the Knights will be hard to beat in Newcastle as long as Gidley, Mullen, etc are playing. Although we do have some good players coming back, so anything could happen.
Realistically I think we will finish 7th or 8th maybe 9th to be honest, and I'd be happy with 7th or 8th considering our horrible injury run this season.

Last edited:

sneaky

Juniors
Bigfoot
Mate I know the Broncs game is a given ...have you seen them play! goodness me I'd love to have a run at that left side defence ...I'd back myself, imagine Jennings or Blair running into holes that big ...it'll be a cricket score! I feel sorry for Carroll, poor bugger was enjoying selling real estate on Gold Coast - did his time for them and was a great minder for Lockyer over the years - now he's got to go back and show them how to tackle!
No matter who they have back, Henjack (he was hopeless when he played) has lost the plot he really has no idea what plan to go with ....true eels may be a bit tougher and Knights - look what Manly did to them ...Pritchard and co will destroy them out wide. Yeah out of the gimme's (dragons, dogs, storm, titans) for top 8 Panthers will grab 5th and with a bit of luck and home support you know you could knock off the Dragons - and give you 36 points! I think Elliot has timed your run really well - better than Henry and Henjack - God dont know how they are coaches hey - I've got to go to the Cowboys/Dogs game (yawn) in a few weeks part of a golf deal package etc - my mate loves the Cows - we argue all the time about them....so that'll be a laugh when the Cows get done by 50!

Big Pete

Referee
How was it obviously intentional? He had one arm obstructed by a defender... what are the chances that he could catch it while it's bouncing that high with one hand? That was the only chance he had at gaining control of the ball.

Absolutely impossible to improve what his intentions are, and that should be a try every time.

So he purposly knocked it forward to gain better control and have a better advantage of catching it than an opposition player? Is that what you're saying?

mxlegend99

Referee
It would be next to impossible for any player to catch a ball that has bounced so high with one hand... and that's all he had available to attempt to catch the ball as Michael Bani was holding his arm at the time. Like an intercept his initial touch changed the direction of the bounce, but without the ball being knocked on.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he did. He caught the ball the only way possible, and without knocking it on in the process. Michael Bani had already attempted to tackle him before he had even touched the ball and backed out.

They have ruled nearly everyone of these as a try and so they should. It's a skillful piece of footy and shouldn't be punished... especially when it's impossible to prove whether or not it was intentional... and the attacking team are meant to receive BOTD.

Big Pete

Referee
That's the thing though, if you can't rule if it's intentional then there's no point in having the rule.

I can understand where the video referee and you're coming from but in my opinion Gordon knocked that ball forward so he could have a better play at than his opponent which to my knowledge is illegal.

sneaky

Juniors
Couldn't agree any more ...there's no point to the rule at all. It will happen again and if it comes up No Try it proves the VR's are individually interpretating the rule, therefor a lottery. I just hope a ref or a VR does not decide a team's top 8 spot or a semi final or even a premiership, but I am more confident week by week since the season started that they will have a major say rather than the players deciding the contest. Looks like we all agree to disagree and that's the great thing about having your own opinion ...good discussion topic though