What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R20 Sat :: Cowboys 20 Panthers 28 @ Dairy Farmers

Round 20 :: Cowboys v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigfoot

Juniors
panthers should never have been in this game ...
:lol:
We basically never were.
Have you seen the Penalty count!? :lol:

Good work Panthers. Jennings with another hattrick, what a superstar.
Up to 24 points on the ladder. Awesome. :D

murraymob

Coach
big win by the boys .Sattler is saying lewis` may be back next week for the warriors massive if he is
Smith and waterhouse had big games tonight they where everywhere.Walsh is still hesitating with the ball..I thought paulo is improving all the time and is now wanting the ball

wittyfan

Referee
With a halves combo of Rovelli and Thurston, the Cowboys should be doing a lot better than they have been of late.

Big Pete

Referee
Thurston looks tired.

Despite some contentious decisions, great win Penrith! It's never easy to beat the Cowboys at Townsville and yet you did it without so many players.

Well done.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I'll take the win and competition points anyway we get them. Inspite of this one thing is obvious the Panthers of 2009 have the sort of attitude I haven't seen in a footy side out this way in quite a few years and I'm loving it.

bigfoot

Juniors
Have the Panthers paid off Bobby Funch? Another victory for them with the help of the VR.
We did get some 50/50 and slightly contentious decisions, but we were still the better team as we were last week, and to say that we were handed the game is absolutely laughable.
I'll take the win and competition points anyway we get them. Inspite of this one thing is obvious the Panthers of 2009 have the sort of attitude I haven't seen in a footy side out this way in quite a few years and I'm loving it.
Same here, it's great. :D
Can't wait till we get some troops back, in particular Lewis and Pritchard. Also Civoniceva is supposed to be able to come back for the finals I believe.
I'm going with the Panthers here, Cowboys are going to hit a bit of a slump in the next few weeks I think due to Thurston and Panthers should be able to capitalise. Panthers by 8.
:shock: Wow nice prediction.

Last edited:

sneaky

Juniors
2 referees completely stuff games this year! ....can't get over the mistakes they make and let players get away with, those players work their guts out for what 9 months of the year and a d##khead with a whistle ruins it in a second.
What was wrong with one referee? That video ref is a laughable concept, truly its embarrassing to the game worldwide.
Players don't respect each other any more (that really is sad to see now days) ...look at State of Origin 3 ...Tim Sheens is going to have a hell of a time getting the Australian team together at the end of the season...they'll be to busy killing each other to worry about international games.
Price and White trade punches ...no one is suspended, Farrah and Watts throw some and they get punished ????? Thurston kicks Wolfman in face - gets off cause he's JT, Barrett hits Inglis from behind - gets 2 weeks.
Barrett claps and laughs when Price is injured, Hodges abuses everyone in ear shot - it just goes on and on.
Now the Qld side is accused of taking drugs and behaving badly 48 hours before SOO 3 because someone says so ....what's next???
I'm sorry but I'll think I'll just let this season go on by and hope some one has the capacity to push it in the right direction once again ...soon!

murraymob

Coach
some big stats from the boys tonight

tackles
waterhouse................48
smith........................37
aiton.........................30

meters gained
jennings.....................163
sammutt....................153
tia killifi......................110
aioton........................100

a good win.There is still a lot of improvement in our attack But at least we are heading in the right direction

always a raider

Juniors
We did get some 50/50 and slightly contentious decisions, but we were still the better team as we were last week, and to say that we were handed the game is absolutely laughable.

QUOTE]

Get your hand of it. Penrith were given 2 tries last week, and this week.

bigfoot

Juniors
Get your hand of it. Penrith were given 2 tries last week, and this week.
Given two tries both weeks? I think you're the one who needs to "get his hand off it". They were all fair tries, 50/50 decisions, besides probably the Puletua one last week.

TheFrog

Coach
Cowboys had enough ball to win 10 games.

In the Gordon try you could not tell if he knocked it forward deliberately or if he was trying to catch the ball. Thus benefit of the doubt, very good call by Hampstead.

The jennings try it looked like a Cowboys player might have accidentally contacted the ball, and the angle was not conclusive. Video ref cannot rule a forward pass.

Big Pete

Referee
The Gordon try look deliberate and it's bull s**t because you could argue every player is trying to catch the ball.

Never the less like I said the Panthers deserve their victory they were the better side.

Cowboys were incredibly dissapointing. They had barely any creativity out of dummy half and their execution was really poor. They can still be anything on their day but it's going to require the likes of Watts, Graham and O'Donnell before they can truly compete.

murraymob

Coach
the cowboys seemed to be playing to deep and always hitting the second man on the cut out.Made it easier to defend .You could see not having a proper dummy half hurt the cowboys major time.Just one of those game we are happy we got the points

Dee

Juniors
Cowboys were incredibly dissapointing. They had barely any creativity out of dummy half and their execution was really poor.
We were always going to struggle out of dummy half tonight with no Payne or Watts. Extremely disappointing after that, I don't quite know what will come of the rest of this season, but you gotta stay positive I guess!

bigfoot

Juniors
With Thurston, Bowen, Webb, etc, in your team, anything is possible.
Thurston was too quiet tonight and you didn't take all of your chances (had a hell of a lot of field position), but I'm sure you'll improve.
Good luck for the rest of the year. :)