What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R23 Sat :: Raiders 24 Dragons 12 @ Canberra

Round 23 :: Raiders v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gong_eagle

First Grade
Terrific game
that was the best game of the year, congrats Raiders
A loss to rid Dragons of any complacency perhaps ?, same thing happened to manly last season when we lost to the Rabbits and then went undefeated the rest of the season

Dragons were just out enthused and really, what did they have to play for? Certainties for the Top 4 and will win the minor premiership barring a collapse. As for the Raiders, I doubt many teams would have beaten them tonight. They were terrific. I was mostly impressed with their persistence considering they spent so much time attacking in the first half for no reward. Then to be down 0-12 and come back against the top team in the comp. Where has this been? I for one am not looking forward to Newcastle playing them in Round 25.

too all the arrogent dragons fans, choke on that you f**king clowns

Skeepey said it, when canberra are on song, there is no side better than us :crazy::D

I dont care if we arent making the 8, because if thats a sign of things to come, it'll be a short term pain for many many long term joys

Dugan - Superstar
Croker - One of the best centres in the game!
Waddell - Killed them around the rucks
Vidot - Brilliant finisher, strong runner, all round legend
Thompson - Hard as nails, talented as they come

GO YOU RAIDERS!

Long term joys...2020 is a long time away.

DragonKiwi777

Juniors
Well Done to the Raiders, you guys were on fire tonight, and the saints folded under pressure.
If you put those performances in next year, you guys could be a premiership-winning team. Espically with guys like Dugan and Croker

Game of the Year, and I wish some bitter supporters didn't get fired up.
We should all sit back and marvel at the spectcule, not get pissed.

That's the lost we had to have, Wayne will get stuck into the boys, and it won't happen again.
Bring on the Broncos next week!!!

CGD

Juniors
Great, great win. But why would any Raider supporters have the urge to be sore winners towards the Dragons? We've obviously got the wood over them big time, lap it up, most Dragon supporters are being quite humble about this loss.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Long term joys...2020 is a long time away.

I dont think we'll be waiting that long mate, but i take your point entirely. Dugan, Croker, Thompson, Vidot, these kids will all still be playing in 2020, so there is every chance we'll still be in our glory phase :cool:

I dont think we'll be waiting that long mate, but i take your point entirely. Dugan, Croker, Thompson, Vidot, these kids will all still be playing in 2020, so there is every chance we'll still be in our glory phase :cool:

Just joking...a good team base and 2-3 years the results will be showing.

ironhorse

Juniors

yeah but they wont be playing for canberra though lol ,thats the biggest issue with the raiders keeping the talent .I doubt the nucleus of this great squad will be around in 2 or 3 years let alone 10!

Cletus

First Grade
Great, great win. But why would any Raider supporters have the urge to be sore winners towards the Dragons? We've obviously got the wood over them big time, lap it up, most Dragon supporters are being quite humble about this loss.

Although one of them thought they had the premiership in the bag at half time:lol:.

thommo4pm

Coach
Hate to say it, but Soward is missing in action. Wtf man

Are you sure you are a Dragons fan?
You have put the boot into us a few times this year.

Soward played behind a beaten pack, what do you want him to do?
We had next to no ball for the majority of the night.

Raider_69

Post Whore
yeah but they wont be playing for canberra though lol ,thats the biggest issue with the raiders keeping the talent .I doubt the nucleus of this great squad will be around in 2 or 3 years let alone 10!

im supremely confident they will
Vidot and Waddell are both QLDers and they are always a risk to leave back for a QLD side but im confident them, and even more so about the rest, they'll be raiders for many years to come

Dragon

Coach
Are you sure you are a Dragons fan?
You have put the boot into us a few times this year.

Soward played behind a beaten pack, what do you want him to do?
We had next to no ball for the majority of the night.

*checks* um yep.

Im not putting the boot in, im just calling it how i see it. A few times he should've put in the kick but he kept it going through the hands... and we got a crap kick away as a result. The the chip with nothing on, you could see it coming a mile away. Pressure got to him imo

Oh is Soward immune from criticism or something mate? :roll: