What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R6 Sun :: Warriors 17 Roosters 16 @ Mt Smart

Round 6 :: Warriors or Roosters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rovelli

Bench
Warriors extremely lucky to get the win, though we played the better football when we did play well IMO.

Roosters looked ominous up 16-0, but did nothing in the second-half. Lack of discipline and Freddy will be pissed off...I can see why.

Much needed win for the Warriors. With the Storm and Dragons away in the next two, four straight losses could easily become six. Now we can look to the Storm game with a little optimism after the win.

On the whole however, both teams aren't playing well enough to be in the top-half of the league, even though the Warriors will be there after Round 6.

Roosters have been downward spiral since mid-2008, and the Warriors are starting poorly as is often the norm.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Well, according to the rules it should have been a try.

I realise that but i dont like consistancy if the rule is wrong
im happy for them rule against it if it shouldnt be a try... the fact Winterstein didnt ever have the ball before grounding makes it slightly different. Lance had it, lost it and never regain control to plant it.

No try is the correct ruling IMO

The roosters got absolutely CAINED by Shortall and Cummings, they were ripped hard IMO... if you think that was a 10-3 or 11-3 game in disapline your kidding. 6-5 (to the warriors) would be more apt

Unlucky roosters

Rovelli

Bench
im happy for them rule against it if it shouldnt be a try... the fact Winterstein didnt ever have the ball before grounding makes it slightly different. Lance had it, lost it and never regain control to plant it.

The roosters got absolutely CAINED by Shortall and Cummings, they were ripped hard IMO... if you think that was a 10-3 or 11-3 game in disapline your kidding. 6-5 (to the warriors) would be more apt

Unlucky roosters

I dunno.

Some of the tries I have seen being awarded this season have actually been rather suss.

Hohaia's 'try' under the 'rules' should have been awarded IMO, but the rule being there in the first place I don't like. If you aren't in full control when you ground the ball, it shouldn't be a try, period.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Newcaste got two against he Dragons last night as well.

that was entirely different
De Gois had it, never lost control, planted it with control on the point of the ball and the force of the grounding, it flew up.
Clear cut try. Wintersteins was a 50/50. Hohohia, No try.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I dunno.

Some of the tries I have seen being awarded this season have actually been rather suss.

Hohaia's 'try' under the 'rules' should have been awarded IMO, but the rule being there in the first place I don't like. If you aren't in full control when you ground the ball, it shouldn't be a try, period.

Agreed
By the letter of the law it probably should have been awarded but its a f**king ridiculous rule, never liked it, if your not in control, dont award the try, so im glad simpkin's didnt award it.

Chook Norris

First Grade
my bad... nrl.com stats do say 10-3 to the Warriors though :?

kingdamo

Juniors

Unlucky roosters

I agree with you there mate, I was just fuming because a try that Newcastle scored against us last week was similar.

adamkungl

Immortal
My thoughts:

Firstly, before I rant, congrats to NZ on a completely dominant second half.

Now that's done with...
Cummins is a merkin. A lowlife, sh*t for brains, completely inept merkin, not fit to wipe dog sh*t off my shoes. Out of the 5 times we were penalised in the first half, 4 were utter and complete sh*te.
That said, Warriors were amazing in the second half. Everything Jones touched turned to gold, from his first kick to Manu in the corner to the final f**king field goal. The football gods did not want us to win that game - how the f**k did that 40/20 attempt in the final minute by Pearce turn like that. absolutely f**ked.

Then there's us. Good first half, enthusiastic, good stuff by everyone. Even with Cummins' bullsh*t we were still dominating. Then the second half (Fittler has to take lessons on how to give a half time speech from Clearly obviously), Warriors come out on fire. We don't get a single penalty. They barely make a mistake. Their defence is rock solid. We barely made it into their half and when we did two or three times, we threw it forward from dummy half.

End result, me walking out of the pub with expletives flying from my mouth.
Overall I don't think our performance is anything to noose ourselves over, we didn't even play that bad, we were simply strangled out of the game by Jones and the Warriors. 9 times out of 10 we still would have won - the ref wouldn't have been so f**king stupid, those forward passes would have been flat, that final minute 40/20 would have bounced out.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Refs were bad on both counts. Favour the Roosters 1st half and Warrirs 2nd. They are far too inconsistant.

Warriors= sh*t firs thalf again but come back in the 2nd

Kemp= fix the goal kicking!

Rovelli

Bench
I agree with you there mate, I was just fuming because a try that Newcastle scored against us last week was similar.

Yeah, Lulia's try. Thought that there was no way he got that down, let alone inside the field of play. All in the past now.

Rovelli

Bench
Refs were bad on both counts. Favour the Roosters 1st half and Warrirs 2nd. They are far too inconsistant.

Warriors= sh*t firs thalf again but come back in the 2nd

Kemp= fix the goal kicking!

Don't like the two refs really. We don't have enough top referees, and now we double the amount of guys we have on the field. Just leads to more mistakes.

Even the touchies were inconsistent on the goal-kicks.

To be fair on Denan, some kicks were wide-out. They were Witt's specialty. He did nail the 30m penalty under pressure.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Yep don't like the 2refs system anymore, the old system had flaws but this system seems worse to date.

Aside from his GK today Kemp did all right. Made a couple of kicks look pretty good

How the f**k do you come to this f**king conclusion when we had 3 penalties for the entire 80 minutes? Favoured us in the first yet we still didn't get as many penalties as you in the first half.

Predicted on monday or tuesday the sheep f**kers would win an astronomical penalty count.