What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R9 Mon :: Roosters 12 Storm 28 @ Bluetongue

R9 :: Roosters v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

syd-main.jpg

SYDNEY ROOSTERS
1. Jordan Tansey
2. Sam Perrett 3. Setaimata Sa 4. Ben Jones 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Braith Anasta 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Nate Myles 9. James Aubusson 10. Frank Paul Nuuausala
11. Iosia Soliola 12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Shane Shackleton​

Interchange: 14. Willie Mason 15. Jake Friend 16. Mitchell Aubusson 17. Lopini Paea​

mel-alt.jpg

MELBOURNE STORM

1. Billy Slater
2. Steve Turner 3. Will Chambers 4. Greg Inglis 5. Anthony Quinn
6. Brett Finch 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jeff Lima 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Adam Blair
11. Wairangi Koopu 12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson​

Interchange: 14. Ryan Hinchcliffe 15. Matt Cross 16. Aiden Tolman 17. Brett White
Reserves: 18. Scott Anderson 19. Joseph Tomane​

ref-pink.jpg

Referee
Tony De Las Heras & Jason Robinson

Touch Judges: Steve Chiddy, Mohamad Fajajo
Video Referee: Phil Cooley​

Toyota Cup Round 9
Sydney v Melbourne
Bluetongue, Monday 4:45pm​

NSW Cup Round 8
Newtown (SYD) v Cronulla (CRO)
Henson Park, Saturday 3:00pm​

Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) v Central Coast (MEL)
Leichhardt Oval, Sunday 3:00pm​

r9-sydmel.jpg

Thanks to Jobdog for the banner.

Last edited:

AILD

Bench
I hope we dont get complacent due to the win over manly. We still have HEAPS to improve on. Roosters arent great at the moment but they will be tough. Hopefully Sika is back.

This will be a tough game for Storm...if Slater, Smith, Lima etc back up from the test then Storm may have a chance...Roosters will have a full squad.

Geohood

Bench
I'll back the Roosters to win as usual though I wouldn't be suprised to see Storm 46 - Roosters 4 lol

MsStorm

Bench
This will be a tough game for Storm...if Slater, Smith, Lima etc back up from the test then Storm may have a chance...Roosters will have a full squad.

Very worried about this game, with all those players backing up its going to be tough for the Storm. I hate this time of year. We just don;t have the depth to cover any missing or injured players.

Danish

Referee
Will be one of the smallest crowds of the year for sure.

Monday night home game for the roosters on the central coast.... I predict perhaps 10%, if that, of our season ticket holders will be there. No I will not be one of them.

Lambretta

First Grade
This f**king Gosford crap. When was the last time we won there? And why are the Titans tagged?

The Roosters generally choose to play the Knights at Gosford and that makes it a home game for the Knights.

I have never understood why we bother with Bluetongue when we could just switch our games with the Knights to Marathon and be done with it. (insert sarcasm emoticon)

Thank god we've resisted the urge to do the same this season.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
Can someone please tell me what the theory is for taking a Roosters game against Melbourne to the Central Coast on a monday night...??

adamkungl

Immortal
Roosters obviously didn't choose a Monday night...obviously the NRL/ch9 have f**ked us hard here. This could be an 8000-9000 crowd if the CC League fans don't turn up...HOPEFULLY if they really value a team up there they will.

Anyway, here's the teams (copied from teams thread):

ROOSTERS - 1. Jordan Tansey 2. Sam Perrett 3. Setaimata Sa 4. Ben Jones 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Braith Anasta 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Nate Myles 9. James Aubusson 10. Frank Paul Nuuausala 11. Iosia Soliola 12. Craig Fitzgibbon 13. Shane Shackleton
Interchange: 14. Willie Mason 15. Jake Friend 16. Mitchell Aubusson 17. Lopini Paea

STORM -
1. Billy Slater 2. Steve Turner 3. Will Chambers 4. Greg Inglis 5. Anthony Quinn 6. Brett Finch 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jeff Lima 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Adam Blair 11. Wairangi Koopu 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange: 14. Ryan Hinchcliffe 15. Matt Cross 16. Aiden Tolman 17. Brett White; Reserves: 18. Scott Anderson 19. Joseph Tomane

Surely Mitch Aubusson will be swapped into centre with Sa on the bench/at Newtown (we can only hope)? Otherwise a good side, best we can name without Minichiello I think

Why do people complain about the Bluetongue games? This gives me a chance to see my team not travelling far, yes, but also the Central Coast population. Our team gives a crap about them, and I will be there loving it.

We got plenty of fans up here, and our club gives a damn about the fans on the Central Coast. What is wrong with that?

NT, what possible good can come from that mate, unless we plan to move there permanently.

What about concentrating on the area where our club is based. Increase our home crowds as well as membership. The latter may grow if fans know they're going to get a full season at home.

It's good for you and other Easts fans living near there of course but I don't think having two areas work. We need to keep our identity and create a loyal culture built on localism much like the Bulldogs have - especially now as we have a strong AFL and Ruby presence in our district.

adamkungl

Immortal
1-2 games a year up there doesnt bother me, especially with the $20 travelling rooster tickets we got. I really hope the CC hopefuls show up though. By the crowds up there over the years i'm yet to be completely convinced they deserve a team any more than a whole heap of other places do.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's good for you and other Easts fans living near there of course but I don't think having two areas work. We need to keep our identity and create a loyal culture built on localism much like the Bulldogs have - especially now as we have a strong AFL and Ruby presence in our district.

Round 11
Bulldogs v Melbourne Storm
Bluetongue Stadium, Sat 23 May 7:30pm

:-k

(not that I'm complaining btw, it's on my birthday and 5 minutes from my house, a birthday present tbh)

Round 11
Bulldogs v Melbourne Storm
Bluetongue Stadium, Sat 23 May 7:30pm

:-k

(not that I'm complaining btw, it's on my birthday and 5 minutes from my house, a birthday present tbh)

Well I'm stumped. I was convinced you guys had a great local culture. They must be worried about getting a small crowd with an out-of-towner club coming.