What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: SF1 Fri :: Eels 27 Titans 2 @ SFS

Semi Final :: Eels v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

teams-par-alt.jpg

1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Krisnan Inu 4. Joel Reddy 5. Eric Grothe 6. Daniel Mortimer 7. Jeff Robson
8. Nathan Cayless (C) 9. Matthew Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh 12. Ben Smith 13. Todd Lowrie​

Interchange: 14. Kevin Kingston 15. Feleti Mateo 17. Tim Mannah 19. Joe Galuvao​

teams-gco-alt.jpg

1. Preston Campbell 2. Kevin Gordon 3. Chris Walker 4. Jordan Atkins 5. David Mead 6. Mat Rogers 7. Scott Prince (CC)
8. Luke Bailey (CC) 9. Nathan Friend 10. Matt White 11. Anthony Laffranchi 12. Mark Minichiello 13. Ashley Harrison​

Interchange: 14. Michael Henderson 15. Brad Meyers 16. Sam Tagataese 17. William Zillman
Reserves: 18. Will Matthews​

ref-pink.jpg

Shayne Hayne & Jared Maxwell
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy & Steve Carrall
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan​

Toyota Cup Semi Finals
Raiders v Tigers @ SFS, Friday 5:30pm
Winner to face Dragons in Week 3

NSW Cup Semi Finals
Western Suburbs (WST) v Wentworthville (PAR) @ Leichhardt, Saturday 1:15pm
Winner to face Bankstown (BUL) in Week 3

Balmain Ryde (WST) v Central Coast (MEL) @ Leichhardt, Saturday 3:00pm
Winner to face North Sydney (SOU) in Week 3

fw2-pargco.jpg

WINNER will face the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium or SFS next Friday 25 September

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
Seems Rogers is OK. If so both teams should be pretty much full strength for this one. Inu should be back for Parra and Zillman available again for the Titans.

Biggest challenge for Parra will be backing up after playing in the heat today and getting themselves up after that effort. Thing for Parra is they've been playing finals football for two months, but gave themselves a week off last Friday to prepare for today.

Titans though are playing with a giant chip on the shoulder after being disrespected and written off by everyone.

I'm cheering for Parra, but think the Titans might get the points. Parra has never beaten the Titans either. Either way this is going to be one entertaining match. Would love to be able to go down for it.

CrazyEel

Bench
I like the Titans but they don't travel well and will be facing a surging Parra this week.

Eels by 16

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No,its Saturday.Highest ranked winner plays Saturday.
Aware of that, but it's been reversed by the NRL. All Melbourne Storm members today received an email indicating that their Preliminary Final will be at Etihad Stadium on Saturday 26 September. Etihad isn't available Friday 25th due to the VFL GF, and they cannot play the game at the G or Olympic Park.

I for one agree with the original way, we deserve an extra day's rest as the highest ranked winner, but Melbourne have already confirmed their game as the Saturday one with their members.

bartman

Immortal
I know... no chance when as a game we're bowing to TV ratings over club/crowd conditions.

Grail

Juniors
i dont normally tip big wins by the Eels, as I'm afraid I'll jinx them.... but in this game, I reckon Parra by 28.

Boofhead

Juniors
It looks like Titans will have all hands on deck - hopefully Carty will have the sack to drop Atkins and keep Walker.

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Rogers
4. Walker
5. Mead

Titans have the wood over Eels (3/3)
Titans have won more away games than in previous seasons
First choice Fullback is back in the side
Eels short turn around after playing in the heat will take a toll on their big men

Boofhead

Juniors
Rogers a certain starter against Eels
Luke Turgeon September 14th, 2009

TITANS playmaker Mat Rogers yesterday declared himself a certain starter against Parramatta this Friday, less than 12 hours after being knocked unconscious and taken to hospital in an ambulance.

The gutsy dual international, who landed on his head after jumping to field a kick in the dying minutes of the Titans' loss to the Broncos on Saturday night, has been cleared of serious injury to his neck.

While still feeling a bit dazed at yesterday's recovery session at Currumbin, Rogers said he was otherwise fine.

"My right shoulder is a bit stiff from the knock," said Rogers.

"I went straight to the hospital and got a precautionary cat scan to clear me of anything.

"Fortunately everything is good so I will be right to go.

"Physically there is nothing wrong with me.

"All things being equal I will be right to play this week."

The incident sparked fears at the Titans as Rogers has a history of neck problems.

In 2007 he had to fork out $30,000 of his own money for career-saving neck surgery to replace a bulging disc in his neck with a prosthesis.

Rogers said he remembered nothing of the incident and only found out the Titans lost the match in heartbreaking fashion 40-32 when he was in the ambulance on the way to hospital.

"I came down pretty hard apparently," he said.

"I had really no idea where I was to be honest, from the minute I woke up.

"I don't remember anything. Bits and pieces of the game are coming back to me.

"The scans cleared any damage or any movement of the disc that I had replaced."

With Rogers determined play, the Titans will be at full strength for the Eels clash, with regular fullback William Zillman returning from a four match suspension for biting.

Cartwright will name his side tomorrow.

It remains to be seen if Rogers will return to the centres, to make way for Zillman at the back, or if the former Canberra Raiders speedster will start from the bench.

The Titans have been at their best this season when Scott Prince is at halfback, Preston Campbell is at five-eighth, Rogers at left centre and Zillman is wearing the No.1 jumper.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/09/14/137091_gold-coast-titans.html

Gaba

First Grade
The eels wont play as good as they did against the dragons,sides always flat after they beat the dragons and i think the goldcoast will be ready ,

pantherz9103

First Grade
Titans are certainly a chance here. Can't believe how easily people are writing them off. Could go either way, I don't think it'll be easy for Parra at all like some are suggesting.

Nickeel

Juniors
I'm certainly not taking the Titans lightly.

Prince, Campbell, Rogers et al. Quality across the park. They know how to score a try.

And we haven't defeated them yet in three clashes. Although I take a lot of heart from the fact it's in Sydney, and our last loss before the winning streak was at Robina in a game I really think we were entitled to win.

Looking forward to it immensely. Love love love the SFS.

Nick

mongoose

Coach
If the titans learn from their mistakes from last week they can win this. Out of all the teams I think they looked the most dangerous with the ball in hand. They absolutely carved brisbane up out wide at times. Only problem for them is this game in not being played in QLD.

Latest posts