What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: SF1 Fri :: Eels 27 Titans 2 @ SFS

Semi Final :: Eels v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Footy-Fan

Juniors
The last few pages of this thread have given me a good laugh. The Hayne Train eh? I thought he was pretty quiet tonight. Yeah, the Titans got rolled by a strong Eels side. Blame the refs & cry about conspiracies all you want, but the Eels are in form. Because of this, their the team to hate it seems. Before the penalty that "changed the game & ruined the momentum", Titans were looking poor & the Eels dangerous. There were to moments earlier on which could have been Eel tries. On another note, they played without Mortimer most the game. A most convincing win to the Eels who I'll be backing come next weekend, even more so if Kimmorley doesn't make a return. Congrats Eels, Better luck next year Titans. Now lets try & keep those tears to a minimum, the whining here is becoming annoying.

C.P

Juniors
Whats this 'short week' that Hayne and Smith were going on about?? How is a full 7 days with no travel whatsoever a short week?

typicalfan

Coach
I think people forget this is a sudden death game and not a round 19 clash. Both teams are under enormous pressure to perform.

As for blaming the refs for momentum swings, the Titans had all the momentum in the second half up until the KK try, had Matt White scored and not dropped the ball over the line and made it 13-8 perhaps the game would have finished differently.

Titans cost themselves with lame redundant red zone attack.

Footy-Fan

Juniors
Whats this 'short week' that Hayne and Smith were going on about?? How is a full 7 days with no travel whatsoever a short week?

I missed it, but I guess he means the 4 day recovery before game day. The played last sunday, then today.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We got a few lucky calls tonight but some after some of the comments on here you'd have though we won the penalty count 10 zip, and not one mention of Mortimer getting hit late and out for the match. The Tits took 2 points when they were on top and the first 10 mins in the first 10 mins they we're camped in out half.But we have to improve 100% to beat the dogs but ATM i'm just concentrting on a bottle of OP :)

Last edited:

spartan

Juniors
And the bandwagon rolls on,next stop anz and the bulldogs.

It's going to take a very good team to stop the eels now,i thought they were a bit under par today and still won by 27 points.
Weaknesses are a bit short on the ground and the way they move the ball out of their own line ain't easy to put a stop to.
When the boppers up front are taking a rest,up pops grothe ,reddy,mateo or smith to cart the ball up and it takes so much pressure off the likes of moi moi and cayless.
Maybe get inu back next week as well and how good are they going to be next year with poore,shillington and timana back on board.

whistle1

Juniors
no complaints about the refs from this titans fan...

The Titans were disgraceful considering it was knockout footy, the first 20 or so min was great and then we just went to complete sh*t. Parra try off a bs penalty is no excuse, we were outplayed for most of the night. No excuses.

Bring on 2010!

typicalfan

Coach
no complaints about the refs from this titans fan...

The Titans were disgraceful considering it was knockout footy, the first 20 or so min was great and then we just went to complete sh*t. Parra try off a bs penalty is no excuse, we were outplayed for most of the night. No excuses.

Bring on 2010!
Titans were poor but that is what happens in sudden death footy. The team tried hard but they didnt execute very well and were played off the park. I think it is really hard for young players to really cope with semi final footy when the team is down by 11 with a half to play and the opposition defense is solid.

Ulysseus

Bench
on the basis of that performance by the GC, are Parra really good defenders, GC really sh*t attackers or are Brisbane just f**ked defenders.

They hardly resembled the side that nearly stole the match last week.

Country Bronco

Juniors
The Eels just seem to roll on. They totally outplayed the titans tonight. Next weeks game against bulldogs now seems very winnable on their account so what a remarkable effort this could be to go from written off to grand finalists. Congrats eels.

Billythekid

First Grade
The Eels just seem to roll on. They totally outplayed the titans tonight. Next weeks game against bulldogs now seems very winnable on their account so what a remarkable effort this could be to go from written off to grand finalists. Congrats eels.

Well if anything they have been under performing all year. I'm surprised by all the fairy tale talk but i understand the NRL wants to create hype.

To me a fairy tale season is what happened with the tigers and panthers. At the start of the year no one gave either of them a chance and they came from nowhere to win it.

Parra on the other hand. Everyone knew they had talent in their team but they just keep underperforming. I bet if you look at the tips at the start of the year most people had them pretty high.

Eelectrica

Referee
on the basis of that performance by the GC, are Parra really good defenders, GC really sh*t attackers or are Brisbane just f**ked defenders.

They hardly resembled the side that nearly stole the match last week.

Parra good defenders. We frustrated your mob last week as well.
Parra just wanted it more. Titans can attack, we know that, but everything they did was shutdown.

Titans do need to offload more. It surprises me they're so poor at offloads because as a player Cartwright was brilliant when it came to offloads.

Eelectrica

Referee
Well if anything they have been under performing all year. I'm surprised by all the fairy tale talk but i understand the NRL wants to create hype.

To me a fairy tale season is what happened with the tigers and panthers. At the start of the year no one gave either of them a chance and they came from nowhere to win it.

Parra on the other hand. Everyone knew they had talent in their team but they just keep underperforming. I bet if you look at the tips at the start of the year most people had them pretty high.

Not true. I think most parra supporters were just hoping to avoid the spoon after the mess Hagan left.

El Diablo

Post Whore

:lol:

look how people expected them to go http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=204315

hineyrulz

Post Whore

:lol: After the mess Hagan left we we're just happy to avoid the spoon. DA needs a gold meadal.

Latest posts