What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: WCC CHAMPIONS Sea Eagles 28 Rhinos 20 @ Elland Road

09 WCC :: Leeds or Manly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shorty

Staff member
That Leeds team looks a little understrength...which is a shame cause I'd like to see Manly beating them to their full potential.
Leeds didn't look crash hot last week against Hull either.

I think the Aussies and NRL get this one.

Last edited:

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
That Leeds team looks a little understrength...which is a shame cause I'd like to see Manly beating them to their full potential.
Leeds didn't look crash hot last week against Hull either.

I think the Aussies and NRL get this one.

Yeah, I mentioned on another forum that even though we have played 3 games we have had no prep for the game in reality. We had 5 players out against Celtic, 6/7 against Wakey and 5 last week plus 4 injured in the game. To say we have won 3 only conceding 2 tries is a nice feat.

We also havent had both halfs on the pitch at the same time since the Grand Final last year so if Burrow comes back in on Sunday then he will be a bit rusty.

The conditions will help the Aussies too as its forcast 11c and sunny in the day before the match KO's at 6pm. Its been mild or the last 2 weeks too so they will have got some quality training done.

I think it will be close if we have Peacock, Lauitiiti, Ablett and Bailey in the forwards as to lose those 4 would be awful as far as pack strength goes.

Also with Burrow and Smith hopefully ok we will look more dangerous in attack. Otherwise you may be getting a look at the youth of tomorrow against the Worlds best.

Best case senario is only Webb and Buderus missing (not counting Eastwood anymore)

Worst case we have Webb, Smith, Burrow, Peacock, Buderus, Bailey, Ablett and Lauitiiti mssing and it could be a whitewash.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What Leeds team looks understrength? I can't see one posted :?

Chook Norris

First Grade
Going back to the whole attendance thing it was announced on Real Radio tonight that over 29,000 tickets had been sold and the capacity is actually 32k not 33k what I said earlier. I doubt that they will but if they can sell 3k in the nest 2 days then they might open the top tier... as I said though, I doubt it.

excellent, thx

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
OK...

Leeds 19 has been announced.

Donald
Smith
Senior
Hall
McGuire
Burrow
Leuluai
Peacock
Jones-Buchanan
Lauitiiti
Sinfield
Diskin
Bailey
Kirke
Ablett
Burgess
Gibson
Watkins
McShane

The team will line up something like this...

3. Lee Smith
2. Scott Donald
18. Carl Ablett/23. Kallum Watkins
4. Keith Senior
5. Ryan Hall
6. Danny McGuire
7. Rob Burrow
8. Kylie Leuluai
14. Matt Diskin
10. Jamie Peacock
11. Jamie Jones-Buchanan
12. Ali Lauitiiti
13. Kevin Sinfield
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
16. Ryan Bailey
17. Ian Kirke
19. Luke Burgess
23. Kallum Watkins/18. Carl Ablett

18th Man: 26.Paul McShane

Tipster

Bench
If Manly don't win this they should scrap this concept altogether.

They really should pump the Rhinos tonight by 10+. Too much class across the park.

Chook Norris

First Grade
wow.. i just realised that channel nein are showing this at 12:00 am

nice work channel nine for showing it at a more 'convenient time' :roll:

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Burrow is knocked out

EDIT: FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTTT

Last edited:

Latest posts