What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | QF3 - 2 v 7 | Sat 8:30 | Panthers 22-24 Raiders | CUA

Qualifying Final Result: Panthers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cleary89

Coach
Ok Panthers supporters, how confident are you?
A canberra supporting colleague who had his heart set on it being Saints VS Raiders wants to bet me $1000 that the Raiders can get over Penrith by 12+.
Should I take him up on his action or leave it alone?

Raiders will be paying $3.50 to $4.50 to win 13+. For worst case scenario, lets say its $3.50

So your mate for his 1k, should be getting you to be putting up 2.5k.

Instead your putting up 1k. If you don't mind a punt, try for more, will be one of the best bets you can take.

Its like someone giving you 2:1 calling heads or tails. You might lose, but f**k, its worth it.

benntash

Juniors
Put that bet on.. Effectively he's giving you penrith with a 12 point start. The TAB would be paying about $1.15 for this bet. So to make a $1000 profit through the TAB you would need to put on a $7000 bet with a return of $8050. I'd up the stakes to $5000 cause I'm that confident the bet will get up

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't confirm that bet just yet. While I think Canberra peaked 2 weeks ago If Walsh and Lewis don't play we will lose. We need Walsh's boot and Lewis attack and defence

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
A few stats to boost Panther hopes.

In our last 2 games we've led Souffs 28-0 after 23 minutes and Cronulla 18-0 after 16 mins.

In our last home final back in 2004 against the Dragons, we led 24-0 after 17 mins.

Not that I'm expecting us to do the same thing v the Raiders who are in fine form, but it shows what we're capable of at home.

And almost got run down after that :p

Doomednow

Bench
Both Walsh and Lewis expected to play. Coote still out. Purtell still in so Raiders will score at least as many times as they run at him. I'm still tipping us.

mongoose

Coach
I honestly think this will be a poor quality game with both sides coming out nervous. Panthers haven't played a finals game in 5 years, Elliot has never won a finals game. Raiders haven't won a finals game since 2000 and have a young side.

I'm worried Campese is just going to put it up high all night to Monagahan rather than try and score some well contructed tries that we've been doing for the past 9 weeks. Hope im wrong...

Caged Panther

First Grade
I remember that game very well - I was so excited and relieved when that full time siren finally went. :lol: We got extremely lucky that night.

Remember that game well. Also remember Barrett the next day mouthing off about getting another chance and making the most of it. Only problem was the results went against them and they didn't play another game. :lol:

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
We're the only team before Manly last year, to be eliminated from 5th I believe.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Third Qualifying Final
Penrith Panthers (2nd) v Canberra Raiders (7th)

Saturday 11 September 2010, 8:30pm AEST - CUA Stadium, Penrith
Referees: Ben Cummins and Steve Lyons; Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis and Ricky McFarlane; Video Referee: Russell Smith
Standby Referee: Tony De Las Heras; Standby Sideline Official: Daniel Eastwood

Panthers: 1. Michael Gordon 2. Sandor Earl 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Adrian Purtell 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh 8. Sam McKendry 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Tim Grant 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 21. Masada Iosefa 15. Matthew Bell 16. Nathan Smith 17. Gavin Cooper; Reserves: 18. Wade Graham 19. Frank Puletua
Raiders: 1. Josh Dugan 2. Reece Robinson 3. Jarrod Croker4. Joel Monaghan 5. Daniel Vidot 6. Terry Campese (C) 7. Josh McCrone 8. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs 9. Glen Buttriss 10. David Shillington 11. Joe Picker 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Shaun Fensom
Interchange: 14. Travis Waddell 15. Danny Galea 16. Dane Tilse 17. Scott Logan; Reserves: 18. Trevor Thurling

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19970

typicalfan

Coach
I think the best bet here would be a Panther/Panthers or Panthers/Raiders halftime fulltime double. Penrith are ordinary in second halves so either Penrith burst out of the blocks and are too far ahead to be run down or Penrith get out to a modest lead and are reigned in.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm worried Campese is just going to put it up high all night to Monagahan rather than try and score some well contructed tries that we've been doing for the past 9 weeks. Hope im wrong...

That's my fear as well. The Raiders were clearly either nervous against the Broncos or had a pre-determined goal to just ensure they didn't lose by 15, because we didn't even consider any of the sort of plays we've been making over the past 2 months.

In hindsight, I think that 15 point margin was occupying their heads too much, so now that they just have to win, I'm expecting us to bounce back to our best

PS - I know we beat the Broncos, but the way we played, even Manly or the Cowboys would have given us a run for our money last week.

skeepe

Immortal
The more I think about this game, the less chance I see of the Panthers winning.

They haven't beaten a top 8 team for 2 months, they have a coach who has never coached a team to a finals win, and they had a very, very easy lead-in to the finals.

Raiders to win. I honestly can't even fathom the possibility of another outcome.

Latest posts