What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R12 | Fri | Dragons 30-0 Eels | WIN Jubilee

Result: Dragons v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
Looked up the rules and deliberate forward passes are indeed mentioned and are a penalty...

who'd have thunk it. I was sure they got rid of them a few years back.

Still, you wont see another one for another 10 years

skeepe

Immortal
Yeah dude for sure, totally.

Watch it again if you don't believe me. Hayne touches the ball first, only just, but if he had been applying downward pressure it would have been a dropout.

Last edited:

Rodent

Bench
if it goes backwards out of the hands that would mean it at least traveled backwards for a short time before floating forward.
You, like many others don't understand the physics involved. The ball can continue to travel forward relative to the ground the moment it leaves the hands and not be a forward pass. That's because the ball is being carried downfield by the player. A forward pass is one that accelerates forward out of the hands.
Every time a player is running downfield and throws a legal flat pass it will travel forward relative to the ground immediately upon leaving the hands.
Imagine driving along in your car at 15km/h and drop a tennis ball out the window.....it will not land on the ground directly below where you dropped it but will travel forward even though you didn't throw it forward....get it?

chrisD

Coach
You, like many others don't understand the physics involved. The ball can continue to travel forward relative to the ground the moment it leaves the hands and not be a forward pass. That's because the ball is being carried downfield by the player. A forward pass is one that accelerates forward out of the hands.
Every time a player is running downfield and throws a legal flat pass it will travel forward relative to the ground immediately upon leaving the hands.
Imagine driving along in your car at 15km/h and drop a tennis ball out the window.....it will not land on the ground directly below where you dropped it but will travel forward even though you didn't throw it forward....get it?

Your theories are interesting and I would like to hear more. What are these physics you talk of and where can we see them on the replay?

Big Pete

Referee
Good win in the end by the Dragons. Their back three were just brilliant and their halves controlled things nicely.

Eels were flat, they will only get better from here.

Mong

Post Whore
I wonder if, like the first time these two teams played, the game showed why Parra can win the comp but Saints can't?

:)

fish eel

Immortal
Good win in the end by the Dragons. Their back three were just brilliant and their halves controlled things nicely.

Eels were flat, they will only get better from here.

I think thats what I said when we were shthouse against saints in round 1. :lol:

We're the biggest pretenders in the comp......

Big Pete

Referee
Ha, I remember saying the same words. But with Hindmarsh, Grothe Jr. and Reddy to come back in they could at least cut the deficit by a bit. :p

Anon

Bench
In regards to forward passes if you pass the ball forward and one of your players comes from an onside position and takes the pass the referee calls a scrum. In this case Tahu threw the ball to Burt who was standing in front of Tahu and so was offside. Penalty was the correct decision.

aussie7798

First Grade
In regards to forward passes if you pass the ball forward and one of your players comes from an onside position and takes the pass the referee calls a scrum. In this case Tahu threw the ball to Burt who was standing in front of Tahu and so was offside. Penalty was the correct decision.

the fact that burt gave himself up did not help either

Apey

Staff member

yeah, except in this case he threw it forward out of his hands :lol:

one of the most blatant cases you'll see and you're trying to defend it? haha.