What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sun | Roosters 44-32 Tigers | SFS

Result : Roosters v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cletus

First Grade
The Roosters played very well and deserved the points.
We on the otherhand played hopeless, the loss of Gibbs and Fulton were blows but some of our defence was just f**king awful.

If we had a fair share of the ball we might've had a chance, but credit to the Roosters dominating and putting it beyond doubt early.

I can't get over how bad the Tigers defence is. How has Simmons still got a job after years of this rubbish?

JT_

Juniors
Damn, you got me. :roll:

More realistic translation...
Roosters forward depth is pathetic, they'll perform well until round 8 or 9, then be legless. Teams will tear you apart up the middle like they did last year. And Melbourne will most likely win the premiership again this year. 2011 is our year when our young blokes add a bit more potency to our backline ;-)

But if you're offering the trophy, we'll take it :D

Our forward depth is being tested right now, Symonds, Warea-Hargreaves and Cherrington out and we're doing fine. Guerra, Conn and Aubusson are stepping up really well. So no it's barely pathetic.

I don't think we'll see a repeat of last year. Mobility in the forwards is something Smithy likes so he won't allow us to have any sluggishness this year.

I reckon our defense was pretty good barring the last 20 min, two weeks in a row playing in the tough heat, and a very potent Tigers attack factor into leaking those points. I'm not getting excited yet, but the signs are there to be a top side.

Monk

Referee
Damn, you got me. :roll:

More realistic translation...
Roosters forward depth is pathetic, they'll perform well until round 8 or 9, then be legless. Teams will tear you apart up the middle like they did last year. And Melbourne will most likely win the premiership again this year. 2011 is our year when our young blokes add a bit more potency to our backline ;-)

But if you're offering the trophy, we'll take it :D

our forward depth is pathetic?

Our best forward this year has been Aiden Guerra, and before this year noone knew his name. (thank god melbourne didnt know his name when he was down there)

Also, we still have JWH and Symonds to come back.

Not to mention we have Kennedy and Cordner in the NYC who are more then aplicable replacements for when/if injuries strike.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Neither side was interested in defending in the second half. Hopefully for our sake it was simply the heat/the fact the we were 30 ahead.

If Benji turned on 20 mins earlier could have been a very different result.

Another top game by Pearce, other standouts were Guerra, Graham and Paea. Everyone is doing their job and the points are coming.

Conn, Guerra, Graham and M Aubusson have all really impressed me and played far better than I was expecting of them this year.

Gaba

First Grade
Without a doubt you would be saying the opposite if the Dragons had moer than one outside back worth feeding.
nope if teams who arent attacking can still score more points then the teams who are these so called attacking teams .

Its the defense what wins the game not the attack am i right?

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Our forward depth is being tested right now, Symonds, Warea-Hargreaves and Cherrington out and we're doing fine. Guerra, Conn and Aubusson are stepping up really well. So no it's barely pathetic.
Yet all of them are backrowers, what happens when/if Paea, FPN or Ryles go down. You have very little in the engine room.

I don't think we'll see a repeat of last year. Mobility in the forwards is something Smithy likes so he won't allow us to have any sluggishness this year.
Ryles was struggling big time around the ruck by the end of the game.

I reckon our defense was pretty good barring the last 20 min, two weeks in a row playing in the tough heat, and a very potent Tigers attack factor into leaking those points. I'm not getting excited yet, but the signs are there to be a top side.
If you let in 32 points in a game, especially against a side who dropped as much ball as the tigers did, I can assure you, your defence is not good. Irrespective of the conditions.

Roosters are yet to be tested yet, they've got a pretty easy draw for the first 10 rounds or so. Once injuries and fatigue start to set in with your forward pack, then people will see how good they are. In your first 10 rounds you only play 1 or 2 sides that will make the 8.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Cayless' effort was much worse.

This game absolutely beyond doubt proved Moltzen is far from a fullback's bootlaces.

That's true. Actually it so funny to even think that Peter Sterling said he heard an interview on ABC radio with Tim Sheens and Sheens' saying he doesn't want Moltzen to be a ball player but a runner. The bloke doesn't even run the ball back on a kick return how's he supposed to be classed as a runner?!?!?!?!?!?!

When he moved in to half he set up a great couple of moves and a try or two from memory.

adamkungl

Immortal
Pearce or Carney put up a bomb some time in the second half, straight to Moltzen with Anasta sprinting full pelt at him. I would have been sh*tting bricks lol.

Ok gaba, you're right, attack doesn't win games. :lol:

user_nat

Coach
What are you on about, I'm agreeing with you! :lol:

Moltzen is a fine player IMO, but a fullback he is not. Walks sideways on kick returns, doesn't put his body on the line in defence.

Haha, looked like you were calling me an areshole. Hard to tell on the internet sometimes.

Anyhow, how many games has he played at half? Don't think I've seen him there.

Latest posts