What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sun | Roosters 44-32 Tigers | SFS

Result : Roosters v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monk

Referee
Yipes, hopefully we don't make a habit of letting in 4 tries in the last 20min. Good game from the boys though.

Tommy Smith

Referee
They switched off, no doubt. But in that heat against perhaps the most dangerous attacking team in the comp its not totally uncommon to concede 4 quick tries.

Who cares, we had the game in the bag and won easily. Two points is two points and i'll take that against the Tigers any way they come because they're a very dangerous team...

adamkungl

Immortal
Neither side was interested in defending in the second half. Hopefully for our sake it was simply the heat/the fact the we were 30 ahead.

If Benji turned on 20 mins earlier could have been a very different result.

Another top game by Pearce, other standouts were Guerra, Graham and Paea. Everyone is doing their job and the points are coming.

Neither side was interested in defending in the second half.

The Tiges made no attempt at defending the entire game. The heat played a factor particularly when the Roosters gained momentum but it doesn't account for the lack of effort- they honestly gave up after conceding the first try. It was one of the most gutless performances I can remember.

On the other hand, the Roosters were brilliant for about 50 minutes. Any team that throws the ball wide gets my approval.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Both teams just showed why they won't be consistent forces this year. Both teams have great attacking weapons, but I've seen better defensive structures in the U12's.

Any team that can stick it to either team for the full 80 minutes will come up trumps, and easily.

The Roosters played very well and deserved the points.
We on the otherhand played hopeless, the loss of Gibbs and Fulton were blows but some of our defence was just f**king awful.

If we had a fair share of the ball we might've had a chance, but credit to the Roosters dominating and putting it beyond doubt early.

Fairfax

Juniors
My favourite stat? We almost double the Bunnies crowd from Friday night... Did I mention that they're on the bottom pof the ladder? Rugby league must be doing badly then :)

OVP

Coach
Both teams just showed why they won't be consistent forces this year. Both teams have great attacking weapons, but I've seen better defensive structures in the U12's.

Any team that can stick it to either team for the full 80 minutes will come up trumps, and easily.

TRANSLATION : Just give us the trophy now thanks. You know we've won the comp already, just like last year.

The Roosters will make the top 8 this year and if they're consistent they'll reach the top 4.
The Tigers, on the other hand, well thank god for Cronulla!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
TRANSLATION : Just give us the trophy now thanks. You know we've won the comp already, just like last year.
Damn, you got me. :roll:

More realistic translation...
Roosters forward depth is pathetic, they'll perform well until round 8 or 9, then be legless. Teams will tear you apart up the middle like they did last year. And Melbourne will most likely win the premiership again this year. 2011 is our year when our young blokes add a bit more potency to our backline ;-)

But if you're offering the trophy, we'll take it :D

Last edited:
My favourite stat? We almost double the Bunnies crowd from Friday night... Did I mention that they're on the bottom pof the ladder? Rugby league must be doing badly then :)

To be fair to Souths the Titans don't have much of a fanbase in Sydney to spin turnstiles like the TigPies do.

Man of the match, Cherry Mescia for making a fit looking forward pack. Last year our pack would've melted by half time. They did the job in the conditions.

Mitchell Pearce best defensive halfback in the league at the moment.

The sad thing is, when the Tigers starting get injuries, they'll do better because the majority of our backups are actually better than the guys playing.

Fairfax

Juniors
To be fair to Souths ...

Nah, I say this!

emporer_away.jpg