What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sun | Roosters 44-32 Tigers | SFS

Result : Roosters v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JT_

Juniors
Yet all of them are backrowers, what happens when/if Paea, FPN or Ryles go down. You have very little in the engine room.

This is a bit irrelevant, What if this and that, those hypotheticals are pretty baseless. It's relative across the comp when your props are out, you're going to have to blood youngsters and 2nd rowers in there cause it's not like teams have an assembly line of good experienced props. Conn has been playing front row, doing great, JWH and Martin Kennedy are front-rowers.

Ryles was struggling big time around the ruck by the end of the game
Maybe because Ryles was struggling throughout the game. Did you not see him on the sidelines with the trainer?

If you let in 32 points in a game, especially against a side who dropped as much ball as the tigers did, I can assure you, your defence is not good. Irrespective of the conditions.
That's your opinion, Agree to disagree. Sorry not all of us have as great a defense as the Dragons.

Roosters are yet to be tested yet, they've got a pretty easy draw for the first 10 rounds or so. Once injuries and fatigue start to set in with your forward pack, then people will see how good they are. In your first 10 rounds you only play 1 or 2 sides that will make the 8.
Injuries are already hurting us now, and so would fatigue given the temperatures we're playing in.

Btw we have tough opposition in the first 10 rounds, Rabbitohs, Broncos, Dragons, Bulldogs, Knights and probably Panthers, i'd say there good shouts to make top 8 but RL is a funny game, anyone can make the 8.

You sound quite wary, which is normal though i'd be worried about us because we're clocking up good performances and not even fully clicking yet with such a new side, player and coaching wise.

Monk

Referee
Haha, looked like you were calling me an areshole. Hard to tell on the internet sometimes.

Anyhow, how many games has he played at half? Don't think I've seen him there.

he has played 7/8 games starting at half, and the tigpies have won everyone of them.

adamkungl

Immortal
Roosters are yet to be tested yet, they've got a pretty easy draw for the first 10 rounds or so. Once injuries and fatigue start to set in with your forward pack, then people will see how good they are. In your first 10 rounds you only play 1 or 2 sides that will make the 8.

Funny, Rabbits and Tigers were top 4 prospects before we beat them. Now its an easy draw. Have you been reading from the Book of gaba?

For the record, we have in the next 8 weeks

Dogs away
Broncos home
Panthers away
Raiders home
Dragons 'away' SFS
Tigers away
Cowboys home
Knights 'home' Bluetongue

Not the easiest, not the hardest. Last years top 2 are in there.

I don't know why fans of other teams just can't accept that the Roosters have played well even with a new side starting out together. If it's not an easy draw, its criticism of defence. Sure the Roosters let 32 points in today but they scored 44, which the Dragons took both games to do. Either be happy for their supporters or deal with it.

The Roosters don't have an easy draw by any means.

Sure it's not a death draw, but no draw is a death draw or easy draw at this stage.

They've already beaten a decent team in the Tigers and shut down Souffs completely. The Roosters have good signs ahead of them.

IMO the Roosters will be right in it this year...they have a strong backline and just need to stay injury free to go far this year.

Monk

Referee
It's only early, but things are looking promising, hopefully we can keep up the strong showings.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Damn, you got me. :roll:

More realistic translation...
Roosters forward depth is pathetic, they'll perform well until round 8 or 9, then be legless. Teams will tear you apart up the middle like they did last year. And Melbourne will most likely win the premiership again this year. 2011 is our year when our young blokes add a bit more potency to our backline ;-)

But if you're offering the trophy, we'll take it :D

If you had a half back like Pearce you would have some hope.. You also need a 5/8..

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
nope if teams who arent attacking can still score more points then the teams who are these so called attacking teams .

Its the defense what wins the game not the attack am i right?

The Dragons failed in the end last year because their attack was based around a guy who looks like a deer staring at a set of headlights when it counts..

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Haha, looked like you were calling me an areshole. Hard to tell on the internet sometimes.

Anyhow, how many games has he played at half? Don't think I've seen him there.

Played 6 games at half last year, we won all 6 of them.

Was a halfback for the junior kangaroos too.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I don't know why fans of other teams just can't accept that the Roosters have played well even with a new side starting out together. If it's not an easy draw, its criticism of defence. Sure the Roosters let 32 points in today but they scored 44, which the Dragons took both games to do. Either be happy for their supporters or deal with it.

The Tigers fans are gracious... It is a few small minded fans of a couple other clubs.. I am interested to see how the Tigers bounce back.. Lui has to go.. Completely ineffectual.. Moltzen needs to be closer to the action. I would put Benji at 7, Moltzen 5/8.. Maybe try Lote at Fullback with Ryan on the Wing if fit...

Jono1987

Juniors
The Dragons failed in the end last year because their attack was based around a guy who looks like a deer staring at a set of headlights when it counts..

Congrats on you win today. That young second rower, Guerra(?) seems like he'll be a real player of the future. Carney and Pearce were also good. Tigers were good for 15 minutes and then were pretty wel...sh*t for the rest of the game. Looking forward to ANZAC Day, when scoring points won't be so easy for your mob.

Jono1987

Juniors

Yes that's true but we also let in 18 points in two games...

I don't see why so many people are bagging out the Roosters for letting in 32.

1. 10 of those points came in rubbish time when the game was absolutely and 100% beyond doubt, maybe 16 depending on which way you look at it.
2. I may sound a bit biased, but the Tigers will probably be close to scoring the most points this season as they have been over the past few. The Roosters did a pretty darn good job limiting Benji, Farah and Moltzen to only 12 for a good 3 quarters of the amtch.