What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R25 | Fri | Rabbitohs 24-16 Eels | ANZ

Result: Rabbitohs v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kay

Juniors
Frustrating to watch, Parra, silly mistakes all night then when something goes right, they can't even take a trick. Can not believe that was not a try. The refs found a knock on and forward pass from them in the 1st half as well, which were pretty shocking.
People looking for Hayne to be offside or a bat on to be forward rather than the obvious, he was clearly hit high, I'm not sure how that was missed. By the way, does a bat on constitute as a pass? Can they rule on that?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
just rewinding it now....

Hayne's feet were in front of the ball when Horo kicked it.

bileduct

Coach
After looking at the replay again a few times, if you look at the feet, Hayne does an overhead tap about 6m out from the goal line and Keating catches it overhead at about 4m out. It was ruled a knock on, not a forward pass.

Frailty

First Grade
Doesn't matter...

If Hayne was in position at fullback in defence (and could out jump a backrower) Souths wouldn't have been that far ahead.

It didn't cost the game, it's not the end of the world.

I thought the reply clearly showed hayne bat the ball forward.

The standard of this game was bad. Really really really really really really bad. Was that a farging AFL game out their tonight? Popped passes everywhere, neither team had any structure. It was just a mess.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Should I as a Saints fan be worried about facing a desperate Souths team with a shot of pinching 8th place next week?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not really. When the pressure's on, they fold. The only thing tonight was that they were playing a much worse team in the Eels.

RHCP

Bench
Should be more worried about Newcastle on Old Boys Day first.

I couldn't watch the second half of that game. Too abysmal by both sides in the first for me to soldier on.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Doesn't matter...

If Hayne was in position at fullback in defence (and could out jump a backrower) Souths wouldn't have been that far ahead.

It didn't cost the game, it's not the end of the world.

I thought the reply clearly showed hayne bat the ball forward.

He cant be everywhere ffs :lol:

Good luck to anyone trying to out jump Dave bloody Taylor

kay

Juniors
After looking at the replay again a few times, if you look at the feet, Hayne does an overhead tap about 6m out from the goal line and Keating catches it overhead at about 4m out. It was ruled a knock on, not a forward pass.
Fair enough then if its a knock on. The forward pass rule has had me confused all year with the backwards from the hands concept. Wesser and Kris Keating in my opinion have been pushing it all year with their long left to right passes, the ball always seems to be caught in front from where it was passed, and only seems to be called up when the receiver is stationary, so I assume they were 'backwards from the hands'. In any case, I think overall, players seem to be playing much flatter than they did a decade ago, unless I only started noticing it recently.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Yep, bileduct is right. I was thinking of it terms of a pass. The hands were facing back, but that only applies when it's an actual pass.

Liddell

Juniors
Where are all those astute punters that backed Parra into equal favorites at the start of the year?

Latest posts