What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | SF1 - W4 v L2 | Fri | Raiders 24-26 Tigers | Canberra (CAN elim)

Semi Final Result: Raiders v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Despite my remarks in here, I honestly think anyone who writes Canberra off in 2011 is kidding themselves. I believe they've kept the majority of players for next year... they'll be up there, no reason they can't make the eight again.

Tom Ace

Bench
The referees could never let the Roosters lose. The Panthers don't have a chance.

That interesting after the year we've had.

I think we've received the least amount of penalties in the comp and the opposition has received the most when playing against us.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Finally I would really like to praise the efforts of the entire starting pack from the Tigers. They really stuck it to the Raiders forwards and got us right on the front foot early. They don't get the praise they deserve from the last two weeks

Our pack rarely gets any praise. They absolutely belted the Roosters last week and dominated the bigger Raiders pack last night. I have never seen us hit harder in defence than the last two weeks. It has been brilliant.

Our goaline defence was quite poor last night, but this was largely due to Lawrence, who normally is a strong defender, he was clearly protecting his jaw last night and will be much better for the run next week. Lui is also weakness in defence, but as long as he has ample protection, we should be fine. He defended brilliantly against the Eels and also last week against the Roosters. Still young so I expect good and bad performances, but he is learning and will only get better.

I expect all the talk this week to be that the Dragons defence will be too good for us. Much like last weeks talk that we had no chance against Canberra.

Mader45

Juniors
Travelled down to the game and with a packed crowd and an ending like that expected a hostile crowd after the game. Amazingly suprised. Canberra fans were so gracious in defeat. Especially nice to hear immediately after a game like that over and over again "we hope you beat those dragons"

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Apart from a couple of dickheads (one wearing parachute pants so enough said), the Raiders fans were very sporting. Had a running dialogue with the ones around me throughout the match, all shook hands afterwards and wished well for next week / year respectively. Good times.

El Diablo

Post Whore
You are a f**king despicable piece if sh*t. The lowest of the low, you f**king waste of skin.

A guy blows his knee out, is in absolute agony after giving his all for the team, so much pain he needs a stretcher, and you sit on your couch and laugh at a serious injury?

You're scum. Absolute scum. I will have nothing to do with you from this point on. You're subhuman.

Laughing at a serious injury is a big no no. You just don't do it. It shows a serious lack of class, and that's being kind.

so what do you call this?

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=6797229&postcount=59

Are you f**king kidding me! f**k off and die Cummins you merkin. I hope he falls and breaks his neck.

D

Deleted member 10972

Our pack rarely gets any praise. They absolutely belted the Roosters last week and dominated the bigger Raiders pack last night. I have never seen us hit harder in defence than the last two weeks. It has been brilliant.

Our goaline defence was quite poor last night, but this was largely due to Lawrence, who normally is a strong defender, he was clearly protecting his jaw last night and will be much better for the run next week. Lui is also weakness in defence, but as long as he has ample protection, we should be fine. He defended brilliantly against the Eels and also last week against the Roosters. Still young so I expect good and bad performances, but he is learning and will only get better.

I expect all the talk this week to be that the Dragons defence will be too good for us. Much like last weeks talk that we had no chance against Canberra.

Questionable statement.

Last week, Tigers dominated the Roosters pack for the first 20 minutes, followed by what could be considered a stalemate from the 20th to 60th minute. But from the 60th minute onwards, the superior fitness of the Roosters pack came through, and the second spells of Ryles, Kennedy and Nuuausala at the backend of the game had us rolling down the field on countless occasions.

Yesterday, Galloway was outstanding as was Ellis, but the rest of the Tigers forwards in terms of rolling down the field were largely ineffective. Fulton, Payten, Heighington (beyond the opening exchanges) and Gibbs lacked sting in their hitups.

What it seems to me is, the Tigers pack is well-aware of its short-comings, so it aims to try and go all-out for the first twenty or so minutes, then graft away in the middle stages, before bringing Fifita on in the back end of the game to really charge up the pack.

DEFENSIVELY, the Tigers pack is very good, but in terms of going forward, only Big Red and Ellis are outstanding in that area.

pantherz9103

First Grade
This match again re-inforced how certain teams are well suited to beating other sides. The Tigers have won 6 of their last 7 against Canberra and I don't think its merely a fluke stat. The Raiders go well against a team like Penrith who don't have too many 'trick shots' up their sleeve, but the Tigers had alot of variety and unpredictability in the halves last night, mostly from Marshall, which the Raiders struggled to contend with. Tough luck for Campo, while I think he's a bit of whinger on the field when decisions go against him, still not nice to see an injury like that no matter who it is. Maybe they would've won with him on the field but we'll never know for sure.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Inside balls.

The Raiders are a very big side they find it very difficult to change direction when sliding.

beave

Coach
Gee, really?

You mean someone who supports the team coming first can't talk up their side winning? :lol: Then who the f**k can?

Some people just aren't happy with other people enjoying success it seems.

At least I can admit my club was sh*t this year.

mine was sh*tter but............... :D

Red Bear

Referee
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Campese was carrying on like a douche all game, and you expect me to feel sorry for him? It's not like the injury will keep him out of the game, he'll be fresh for R1 next year.

And hopefully less of a whinger.
He'll be lucky to be fit for Rd One if he's torn his ACL. Full knee Reco tends to take a good 6-9 months to be able to play again, depending on how well you recover. Even beyond that it take 18 months for full recovery.

Its not really a laughing injury. Douchebag.

Anyway, good game last night. I think the Tigers probably got hit by fatigue a bit that last 20 (100 minute game just 6 days ago does that) which is why they dropped off, but credit to them to win. 8 days off and they are in with a really good shot at the Dragons next week I think.

Raiders side looks very impressive for next season. Finally seem to have a good batch of juniors maturing all at once.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Questionable statement.

Last week, Tigers dominated the Roosters pack for the first 20 minutes, followed by what could be considered a stalemate from the 20th to 60th minute. But from the 60th minute onwards, the superior fitness of the Roosters pack came through, and the second spells of Ryles, Kennedy and Nuuausala at the backend of the game had us rolling down the field on countless occasions.

Yesterday, Galloway was outstanding as was Ellis, but the rest of the Tigers forwards in terms of rolling down the field were largely ineffective. Fulton, Payten, Heighington (beyond the opening exchanges) and Gibbs lacked sting in their hitups.

What it seems to me is, the Tigers pack is well-aware of its short-comings, so it aims to try and go all-out for the first twenty or so minutes, then graft away in the middle stages, before bringing Fifita on in the back end of the game to really charge up the pack.

DEFENSIVELY, the Tigers pack is very good, but in terms of going forward, only Big Red and Ellis are outstanding in that area.

bullcrap.

The tigers pack belted the tripe out of the roosters ALL game, it was our Play makers setting up shop so early on and the fact that Daniela, Ellis and Marshall all went off injured that got the chooks back into it.

Frailty

First Grade
He'll be lucky to be fit for Rd One if he's torn his ACL. Full knee Reco tends to take a good 6-9 months to be able to play again, depending on how well you recover. Even beyond that it take 18 months for full recovery.

Unless your name is Luke 'Flash' Covell.

Its not really a laughing injury. Douchebag.

People need to relax. An over reaction if there has ever been one.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Questionable statement.

The likes of Gibbs, Fulton and Payten are not the types of players that will make massive meters in attack. I agree on Galloway and Ellis being our main meter eaters, but Heighington always makes plenty and I really think our pack is very well balanced.

In regards to dominating, I have never seen a Tigers side hit that hard in defence as they have for the last two weeks. Our goalline defense was poor last night but our defense when the Raiders were coming off their line was excellent for most part.

adamkungl

Immortal
That interesting after the year we've had.

I think we've received the least amount of penalties in the comp and the opposition has received the most when playing against us.

It isn't interesting, it's hypocritical Tigpies fans sooking.

Latest posts