What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100 game players does it help

How long do we wait on our 1-5 to perform.
The Panthers 1-5 had less games.
Prime example is Kennedy when does he finally kick on, over 100 games in he is already starting to slide backwards, but we say let's stick

Frailty

First Grade
When the Sharks lose again this weekend (yes, I have absolutely no hope of this team performing this weekend), the club need to start moving on players that have had ample opportunity but haven't been the level they need to be. I'm looking at Kennedy, Katoa, Mulitalo, Ramien, Brailey, Rudolf, and Williams as a starting point.

A lot of these players are fantastic NRLers, but they aren't going to get to the level needed to meaningfully contribute to a premiership.

Quigs

Immortal
Interesting the comments and announcements credited to Creepin' Jesus as he takes up the reigns at Souffs.

Attitude change now, don't like it then f**k off.

Reynolds, Cleary, DCE, Sam Walker, Hughes.
Katoa, Lui when he has had to play halfback, Trindall
When the Sharks lose again this weekend (yes, I have absolutely no hope of this team performing this weekend), the club need to start moving on players that have had ample opportunity but haven't been the level they need to be. I'm looking at Kennedy, Katoa, Mulitalo, Ramien, Brailey, Rudolf, and Williams as a starting point.

A lot of these players are fantastic NRLers, but they aren't going to get to the level needed to meaningfully contribute to a premiership.

How many of them do you need, moving some on allows you to purchase another big name.

I would say one of the wingers needs to go, if we don't make GF
And one of the 100 plus game forwards

ragzouken

Juniors

Maybe move on Williams.. katoa and possibly Toby for salary cap can’t agree with anyone else

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Katoa? The kid who was dropped when it mattered?

You blokes are funny fellas sometimes.

Why doesn't anyone rate Fogarty. Does everything we need doing at the Sharks but does it for Canberra, What a waste. He's a long way better half than ours.

Frailty

First Grade
Maybe move on Williams.. katoa and possibly Toby for salary cap can’t agree with anyone else
To clarify, I wouldn't say move them all on, but they'd be the players I'd be ok with seeing moved on.
Kennedy - Thought he made great strides in 2023, but he's nowhere near that player. Makes some crucial errors in big games.
Katoa - Great finisher, but slowest winger since Luke Covell.
Mulitalo - Rocks and Diamonds player. More rocks than diamonds this season. Seems more focused on being a pest than winning.
Ramien - Strong runner, but prone to errors. Biggest problem though - getting cited for poor tackling technique a lot.
Brailey - Potential, but like his brother, it means nothing if there isn't improvement. Outside of a couple of games, he has offered little in attack.
Rudolf - Great guy, but bench player who gets way too much time on the field. Has good energy, but sloppy when the initial burst of energy dissipates.
Williams - Too many poorly timed errors.

eddiesmith

Juniors
It’s all about timing, we’ve got a good side, not a great side and we come up against a truly once in a lifetime great side.

Can’t remember what the competition was like in 2021? Sometimes you get lucky. Right now we’re the 4th best team in the NRL, but 1-2 are a long way ahead. Another time and maybe we’d get lucky.

We’re probably similar to 2014-15 where if we could add 2-3 key players with premiership credentials we’d steal one. But they just don’t seem to be on the market for anyone without an unlimited cap…

Reactions: PJ

Latest posts