What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10488 Reasons to **** off c'town

smeghead

Bench
Balmain or Bret were nearly extinct last week,they are still not out of the woods yet,there will be a protest to council.
So Wests apart from supplying nearly all the juniors,plus Ryan who was recruited by Wests are the most important half of the merger.
Not that it should count as we are one now,these old Balmain dinosaurs are are a poor look to what is a strong club.
Move on or p1ss off,Balmain don't even exist,they are Bret,you really have to let go of the lost chances in the eighties,Balmain have been just as bad as Wests since.
Now Wests are the most important part of the merger,no players,no team.

BRET if you don't mind. We like our acronym's in capitals.

Wests and/or Balmain only matter for a specific financial contribution and combined history. Nothing more. The no player, no team argument is as weak as piss and you know it. Rugby League is a professional game and if the two boards had not voted to merge Wests would definatley be gone and those players would most likely be Bulldogs juniors and Balmain would have faded over time financially or merged with Parramatta.

I guess the fossils from both sides are our for a hootenanny this evening

Last edited:

Vicious

Bench
Regardless of the crowds, games have to be played in the Liverpool-Campbelltown district to keep their juniors in our stable. It`s not rocket science, but some people still don`t seem to understand ?

Vicious

Bench
Speaking of juniors there was a game at before kick off and the kids would have been 9 or so at guess. One of the kids in the green in headgear looked about 7 and won of the players in the purple side was bigger than the adult ref ... not a good look

Why not ? When the going gets tough, the tough get going !
I`ll be coaching my young 4 year old son in the under 6`s next season in the Balmain comp, he`ll no doubt be the smallest in the side like I was in under 6`s, and he`ll fear no one, i`ll give you the tip.

Regardless of the crowds, games have to be played in the Liverpool-Campbelltown district to keep their juniors in our stable. It`s not rocket science, but some people still don`t seem to understand ?

No, they don't.

And they don't understand the complete lack of anything even resembling promotion of the matches.

And they don't understand 5 or 6 years of playing out of town sides with little or no history involved. We have history with teams and we play them at Homebush.

FMD, Cronulla is about the best we've done recently and it's been all but full every time against them.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Campbelltown has been averaging over 15,000 per game since 2006.

Most club sides fail to achieve this at all.

Leichhardt averages about 18,000 since 2006.

Last Year the Tigers played the Warriors, Titans and Sharks at Campbelltown. Hardly traditional Wests rivals.

Leichhardt had Souths, Cowboys and Manly. Balmain and Souths have always been rivals. Tigers and Cowboys have somewhat of a rivalry due to the 2005 GF. Everyone knows about Manly and Wests rivalries.

As you can see, Leichhardt gets the best games and Campbelltown is given whatever is left. This alone is the most telling reason why Campbelltown crowds are smaller imo.

Spank

Juniors
I cant beleive what arrogent judgemental people some of you bunch are, its quite disgusting to read what you people say about other human beings. Were you never taught to not judge or discriminate against people just caue of where they live or how they look ?? What a embarressing thread.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I cant beleive what arrogent judgemental people some of you bunch are, its quite disgusting to read what you people say about other human beings. Were you never taught to not judge or discriminate against people just caue of where they live or how they look ?? What a embarressing thread.
What an embarrassing attempt at using the english language

crouching_tiger

Juniors

Oh the irony....

cogger72

Juniors
How about we let Balmain go it alone then and see what happens. Should be pretty funny since the only reason we play at Homebush is beacuse Balmain Leagues can't supply any money to the joint venture.

smeghead

Bench
How about we let Balmain go it alone then and see what happens. Should be pretty funny since the only reason we play at Homebush is beacuse Balmain Leagues can't supply any money to the joint venture.

:lol: :lol: Yes. Thats the reason we play out of Homebush :lol:

cogger72

Juniors
Hands up who has worked in the finance/revenue department at Balmain Leagues. Oops just the one. Me. Bugger off.

smeghead

Bench
Hands up who has worked in the finance/revenue department at Balmain Leagues. Oops just the one. Me. Bugger off.

So your inability to provide an income stream apart from poker machines is part of the reason the club is in such a poor position.

Well done you reprehensibly incompetant git

Callan Pk

Juniors

Agree wholeheartedly (I hope I spelt that correct)
This place was once a great avenue for RL discussion, its now nothing more than a place to hurl childish insults.
Some here need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Bench
Where did you hear that? From what you read in the newspapers?
Mate I saw this on nightline last week,they interviewed a bunch of residents who live on this street.
They are not going to totaly oppose it,but want it drastically reduced in size,they say they were mislead(lied to),don't know if they werer or not.
They said they would appeal councils decission,thats all I know,hope this helps.

Ninja

Juniors
Shouldnt the same people be attending both LO and CS games?

We are the Wests Tigers with LO and CS being our home grounds.

I think its fuc7ed up how people will only go to one or the other

Latest posts