What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | All Stars | Feb 12 | NRL 28 IND 12 | Skilled

All Stars result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jonno_knights

Juniors
How tragic the Suncorp Stadium surface is perfect for the A-League derby tonight, but it's woeful at Skilled Park.

Ground conditions again?

Only last week you were complaining that a rural RL ground in NZ, in a town of 10,000, with an annual rainfall >2500mm, had grass which was too long.

applesauce

Bench
So with all the crazy rules etc. the corner post is out unlike the regular NRL season???

Or are the commentators just making more mistakes?

boxhead

First Grade
not all that impressed to be honest
he's giving it a good honest go, lively charactor but nothing special thus far. Might look better at NRL standard where the opposition isnt as stacked as this NRL all star side

I see what you mean by 'lively', to me he looks much quicker than Waddel out of dummy half, almost too quick sometimes for the players he was passing too; thiis isn't a slight on Waddel, it's actually me saying Mitchell is going in fast-motion.
He did quite a bit of work and looked pretty damn good for mine. Especially the few times he ran.
But again, what do you expect from a player has played only 3 first-grade games?

He doesn't look fazed by the occasion at all.

Last edited:

boonboon

Juniors
Liam Fulton for man of the match he has been fantastic out their tonight in everything has really shown he has up to this class to everyones surprise

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ground conditions again?

Only last week you were complaining that a rural RL ground in NZ, in a town of 10,000, with an annual rainfall >2500mm, had grass which was too long.

Oh dear. Are you serious?

This is a stadium managed by a government body that is used for elite-level professional sports at least twice a month year round. There should be an expectation of a decent playing surface.

I can take my lumps about last weeks comments, but any disagreement with my remarks tonight is looking for a fight rather than assessing facts. This stadium is below par, much like Suncorp was about 5 or 6 years ago.