What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | All Stars | Feb 12 | NRL 28 IND 12 | Skilled

All Stars result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jonno_knights

Juniors
Oh dear. Are you serious?

This is a stadium managed by a government body that is used for elite-level professional sports at least twice a month year round. There should be an expectation of a decent playing surface.

I can take my lumps about last weeks comments, but any disagreement with my remarks tonight is looking for a fight rather than assessing facts. This stadium is below par, much like Suncorp was about 5 or 6 years ago.

How can you tell if a ground is up to standard by looking through at TV set? The Ground in most parts doesnt look any worse then a lot of grounds we see in the NRL week to week.

Are we in for another season of Rabbs wondering how to pronounce Yow Yeh?

How the hell did Manu Vatuvei not get voted in? f**king crime against football that is

Raider_69

Post Whore
I see what you mean by 'lively', to me he looks much quicker than Waddel out of dummy half, almost too quick sometimes for the players he was passing too; thiis isn't a slight on Waddel, it's actually me saying Mitchell is going in fast-motion.
He did quite a bit of work and looked pretty damn good for mine. Especially the few times he ran.
But again, what do you expect from a player has played only 3 first-grade games?

He doesn't look fazed by the occasion at all.

Yea he's quick out of hooker, he's getting out of the ruck and testing the defence but mostly he hasnt looked too dangerous. As i said, he's lively and obviously has some talent but this level and maybe NRL level, beyond him at this stage.

Waddell has been ok but im very impressed with his defense, he's belted some blokes tonight

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How can you tell if a ground is up to standard by looking through at TV set? The Ground in most parts doesnt look any worse then a lot of grounds we see in the NRL week to week.

Seriously?

There have been two A-League matches postponed during the past two months at the ground, and football (soccer) commentators have been vicious about it. Has caused a few injuries. I imagine the Titans will be asking questions about it before Round 1.

applesauce

Bench
Seriously are Rabs and Gus geniused or is the corner post out in a game that is supposed to be setting initiatives through rules?

We are going backwards if it has been changed back to "out" in 10months.

boxhead

First Grade
Yea he's quick out of hooker, he's getting out of the ruck and testing the defence but mostly he hasnt looked too dangerous. As i said, he's lively and obviously has some talent but this level and maybe NRL level, beyond him at this stage.

Waddell has been ok but im very impressed with his defense, he's belted some blokes tonight

I agree with you on both points.
The thing is, he has torn up against first-grade teams before, but tonight he looks....a bit subdued; he's not running it up that much like he usually does, I think it may just be a bit that he just wants to provide good service and supplement Prince, Thurston, Soward, etc.

Waddel looks very good, especially in defence.
They are striking up a good combination I must say.

Big Pete

Referee
Didn't he play tonight? I don't know I didn't take any notice of the build up to the game so maybe I missed that but he should be there if he was fit.

Aye and Sterlo will always get Hoffman, Winterstein, Yow Yeh, Norman and I'm prepared to say Gagai mixed up.

I think the commies are taking this game a little too seriously.