What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R25 | Fri | Sea Eagles 18-4 Storm | Brookvale

R25: MAN v MEL

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stewart and Blair going toe to toe is what you expect form a mans game. The dog shots from the other blokes is what i expect to see in AFL.

It's also hilarious that you talk about it being a mans game and to get over it and then have a whinge over what Hinchcliffe did. That same thing happens dozens of times every game and no one cares and with good reason.

dogs shots? lol they didn't throw any punches. if anything his brother came in with a swinging arm (fyi it's his brother I'd do the same and your a coward if you wouldn't)

a dog shot is throwing an elbow.

Except we werent awesome last week.

I dont think we can beat the TIgers, Warriors or Manly if they bring there A-games

bitch please you won't beat us again if we bring our A game.

Spuddicus

Juniors
dogs shots? lol they didn't throw any punches. if anything his brother came in with a swinging arm (fyi it's his brother I'd do the same and your a coward if you wouldn't)

Well lets give him a pat on the back and a "get out of jail free" card for his next offense, @rseclown :roll:

gronkathon

First Grade
Manly showed how to beat Melbourne without their halfback.

Bashing a team like Melbourne up the guts works without Cronk there because there is a lack of lucid organisation thus allowing the lesser players such as Woolnough, Norrie etc to be isolated and broken down.

As for the incident Lussick, B Stewart and Waqua (sp?) all threw at least one from what I saw and 4 weeks would be a fitting punishment for bringing the game into disrepute. Two guys going toe to toe I have no issue with. Guys like Foran and Robertson running in to break it up I have no issue with. The other three mentioned deserve whatever they get.

Who cares if he's a brother or a stranger - it's a rugby league field and it's not on. "He's my brother" won't be a defence at the judiciary.

You're 100% right on Blair, he was a cat of the highest order, basically chased Glenn Stewart down to say something which he obviously knew would start a fight.

What a pity neither of them knew how to throw a punch.

Looked to be throwing decent punches from where I was sat. If one of those connected it would do some damage

Yeah, I can't understand it.
Fair enough to expect discipline for what Brett did, but 'karma' he was defending his brother, I'd do it too.

But there's defence and attack. Brett could have tackled Blair to the ground. He wen't in with some sort of ninja-slap, that's where the problems arise. Because technically that isn't defence.

And why would he need to defend his brother? He was holding his own. It's not as if Blair had him on the ground beating him senseless... You could understand a reaction in those circumstances.

I think people are blowing up the whole brother thing. Brothers aren't biologically unable to watch their brother fight somebody. Especially on a sports field where you know the fight will be over in 3 seconds at best.

I mean, reading the brother argument and not watching the video, you'd think Glenn was pinned to the deck being massacred with brutal punches while half conscious!

(fyi it's his brother I'd do the same and your a coward if you wouldn't)

Bullshit. What's cowardly is running in and attacking a man in a 1-on-1 fight. That's what we're talking about here, Brett ran in and attacked Blair.

If my brother was in a fight I'd let my brother fight, he wouldn't need nor want me to throw myself into it without reason. If he was losing, I'd stop the fight. Keep in mind there's a difference between stopping a fight and attacking someone.

You and your brother sound like dogs. Can't fight the fair one and need to double-team people.

blaza88z

Coach
bring in the NHL rule, 2 guys go toe to toe until one of them falls over and then the refs interfere, then both get time in the penalty box

gronkathon

First Grade
In the end last night we saw a stink and overall a bog average game of football.

It was mistake ridden, lacked cohesion and flair and really no other side in the top 8 would have anything to worry abou if they meet Melbourne or Manly and they turn up like that

innsaneink

Referee
Manly looked nervy...opened up a bit in the middle part of the game....the end was crap.
Manly seemed to not get past 2nd gear
Two teams too worried about errors

Well lets give him a pat on the back and a "get out of jail free" card for his next offense, @rseclown :roll:

Bullshit. What's cowardly is running in and attacking a man in a 1-on-1 fight. That's what we're talking about here, Brett ran in and attacked Blair.

If my brother was in a fight I'd let my brother fight, he wouldn't need nor want me to throw myself into it without reason. If he was losing, I'd stop the fight. Keep in mind there's a difference between stopping a fight and attacking someone.

You and your brother sound like dogs. Can't fight the fair one and need to double-team people.

lmao@throwing punches, they ran in to break it up you gronks

Galeforce

Bench
Both teams today will both lose their games in first week of finals and most likely out of the finals in the second week.Manly for sure as both Stewart brothers should be outed for rest of season.

Noa

First Grade
Except we werent awesome last week.

I dont think we can beat the TIgers, Warriors or Manly if they bring there A-games

Having watched the game again I think we can beat Manly with Cronk, Blair & Bromwich playing however big concerns about our defence against the Warriors or Tigers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Looked to be throwing decent punches from where I was sat. If one of those connected it would do some damage
The punches thrown may well have been decent but as you said - none connected. Sad indictment on the fighting ability of both sides.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Haha jeez good to see you rubbishing the fighting ability of them. Its not like the were chucking terrible windmill punches.

gronkathon

First Grade
Having watched the game again I think we can beat Manly with Cronk, Blair & Bromwich playing however big concerns about our defence against the Warriors or Tigers.

Last night showed to me what a leader is in defence for his edge. He is a big organiser on his side and they were pretty directionless without him

Footy-Fan

Juniors
Great game! Always good to see a pack of cheating grubs gets demolished. A bit dissapointed that Slater left the field on two feet, as I am every week, but at least Blair copped a few.

skeepe

Immortal
Amazing those that follow rubbish teams out of the 8 can have any opinion.

We can't we have an opinion you sanctimonious merkin? Did we not see the absolute dog acts by your players?

There's talk that Lussick may have been spotted not just punching, but laying the boot into Blair on the ground. I suppose you'd congratulate that you cowardly prick.