What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R25 | Fri | Sea Eagles 18-4 Storm | Brookvale

R25: MAN v MEL

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah, I can't understand it.
Fair enough to expect discipline for what Brett did, but 'karma' he was defending his brother, I'd do it too.

Evenflow

Bench
Credit where it's due, the best team on the night easily got the points and certainly deserved the win. That said I look forward to the press all of a sudden writing off the Storm after their 1st loss in over 3 months and put the pressure onto someone else. Gus and rabs couldn't pleasure themselves enough last week in the box and now the f**kwit thinks we're all of a sudden gone the next week. Watch it change next week again lol

slamminsam246

Juniors
This thread full of dumbshits and pussies. Elbow to face = Melb 1 vs Manly 0. Lussick retaliation = 1 all (should have taken a dive like gallen and isaak Luke). Glenn Stewart flies in = 2-1 manly. Blair Runs in = 2-2 and 10 mins each. Blair running up to Stewart to mouth off and continue brawl = Melb 3-2. Stewart retaliates = 3 all. Stewart defending brother and manly defending teammate= nothing, anyone would do it. Storm mob running in to defend Blair = nothing, any team would do it. Result = 3 all and get over it.

To Melb fans who aren't stupid, Brooky was the difference. We dominated you for 90% of the game and had all the 50-50s and penalties you'd normally get at a home game. Manly vs Melb = 1 all in '11. I believe it was our night and we would have won even if ya's had Cronk, but would have made your attack alot harder to defend so it makes our next encounter very exciting. I hope nobody gets suspended so we are both full strength going into the finals.

LatK7

First Grade
Credit where it's due, the best team on the night easily got the points and certainly deserved the win. That said I look forward to the press all of a sudden writing off the Storm after their 1st loss in over 3 months and put the pressure onto someone else. Gus and rabs couldn't pleasure themselves enough last week in the box and now the f**kwit thinks we're all of a sudden gone the next week. Watch it change next week again lol

Gus writing the Storm off saying they can't beat Manly or win the Premiership...just lol.

Gmac

Juniors
Can't believe the soft c**ks some of you are. Sound like you've never played footy.. Let the blokes sort it out next time they play each other.. Move on..

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
It is amazing the amount of brisbane fans in here tonight death riding the eagles. At 1 stage 1 of them wa calling for something like 7 manly players to be sent off or binned.
So funny

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
This thread full of dumbshits and pussies. Elbow to face = Melb 1 vs Manly 0. Lussick retaliation = 1 all (should have taken a dive like gallen and isaak Luke). Glenn Stewart flies in = 2-1 manly. Blair Runs in = 2-2 and 10 mins each. Blair running up to Stewart to mouth off and continue brawl = Melb 3-2. Stewart retaliates = 3 all. Stewart defending brother and manly defending teammate= nothing, anyone would do it. Storm mob running in to defend Blair = nothing, any team would do it. Result = 3 all and get over it.

To Melb fans who aren't stupid, Brooky was the difference. We dominated you for 90% of the game and had all the 50-50s and penalties you'd normally get at a home game. Manly vs Melb = 1 all in '11. I believe it was our night and we would have won even if ya's had Cronk, but would have made your attack alot harder to defend so it makes our next encounter very exciting. I hope nobody gets suspended so we are both full strength going into the finals.

exactly this !! the only fans bitching about these hits support perenial spooners

stormbati

Bench
Gus writing the Storm off saying they can't beat Manly or win the Premiership...just lol.
:lol: I couldnt believe it. Last week we were the awesome, this week we cant win the premiership!

I like it because in 08 he said "Manly will not win the comp while Melbourne are in it" :lol:

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
And all the people carrying on about the manly players running in to the second fight, both sides ran 40+ meters to get there the eagles backs got there first as they were closer.... next time they should wait so everyone gets there at the same time.
None of the "neutral" fans in here mentioned the cleaning out of the storm bench to get involved.
Geez the manly hatred and desperation for anything anti manly from most of the brisbane fans was comical to read.

Gmac

Juniors

Abosolutley top post!! If other teams played aggressive like manly Melbourne Brisbane they wouldn't be down the bottom. Can any1 imagine Hayne and parra playing with that sort of aggression.
Fmd the reason the tigers are doing well is theyve upped there intensity and aggression.

Noa

First Grade
:lol: I couldnt believe it. Last week we were the awesome, this week we cant win the premiership!

I like it because in 08 he said "Manly will not win the comp while Melbourne are in it" :lol:

Except we werent awesome last week.

I dont think we can beat the TIgers, Warriors or Manly if they bring there A-games

MSIH

Bench

Haha, that's exactly what I thought when he pulled that shit out. No Cronk, playing at Brookie, losing by 12. Who knows how long Stewart's out for? Gus is a merkin. He'll be the first to say on October 2 or 3 whenever it is if Melbourne win, that he picked it in July. They're still favourites in my books, with the Dragons.

On the game in general. Fmd, I loved it. All these sooks on here, go watch 12 v 13 and enjoy that, with no passion and no-one giving a shit. Enjoy not challenging this year. 1 week max for Blair and G Stewart as a statement. More of it. Love the biff.

Last edited:

bennoonthehill

Juniors
I was at the game, and just came home and watched the replay. Didn't look great when the Manly guys got there first when it kicked off again as Blair and Stewart were heading to the bin, but f**k it, showed some team spirit coming in and helping out a mate, and the Storm guys would have done the same had they been closer. We'll wear a couple of suspensions, probably lussick and maybe the stewart brothers, but they have every reason to hate the purple merkins and we'll wear their suspensions with pride. When it comes down to it we absolutely dominated the Storm tonight and we'll carry the psychological advantage into any possible finals match up we face with them.

The sooks in this thread are probably just pissed they haven't seen their team play this season with the aggression and team spirit Manly played with tonight.

ozjet1

And all the people carrying on about the manly players running in to the second fight, both sides ran 40+ meters to get there the eagles backs got there first as they were closer.... next time they should wait so everyone gets there at the same time.
None of the "neutral" fans in here mentioned the cleaning out of the storm bench to get involved.
Geez the manly hatred and desperation for anything anti manly from most of the brisbane fans was comical to read.

FMD some of you merkins are absolute f*ckwits.

It was a one on one dance on the sideline, then 3 or 4 Manly merkins decided to run in like a bunch of coward lebanese on a saturday night in Kings Cross to create a multiple on one scenario. The storm bench was closer to the incident than any of the Manly players yet, that group of Manly merkins were there way before anyone from the storm bench were. The Manly deadsh*ts didnt try and simply break it up, they attacked the lone opposition player. An absolute disgrace.

The way supporters blindly excuse their team's players actions is f*cking pathetic. Get a life you bunch of f*cks. You dont even know these players from a bar of soap yet you try and defend actions we could all see and objectively comment on and the majority saw as absolutely disgraceful. It's not just you Manly guys but supporters of any team wouldve probably done the same. What a sad bunch of f*cks if supporting a team means condoning such behaviour from it's players.

ceagle

Bench
FMD some of you merkins are absolute f*ckwits.

It was a one on one dance on the sideline, then 3 or 4 Manly merkins decided to run in like a bunch of coward lebanese on a saturday night in Kings Cross to create a multiple on one scenario. The storm bench was closer to the incident than any of the Manly players yet, that group of Manly merkins were there way before anyone from the storm bench were. The Manly deadsh*ts didnt try and simply break it up, they attacked the lone opposition player. An absolute disgrace.

The way supporters blindly excuse their team's players actions is f*cking pathetic. Get a life you bunch of f*cks. You dont even know these players from a bar of soap yet you try and defend actions we could all see and objectively comment on and the majority saw as absolutely disgraceful. It's not just you Manly guys but supporters of any team wouldve probably done the same. What a sad bunch of f*cks if supporting a team means condoning such behaviour from it's players.
Please both Foran and Robertson did not throw any punches at Blair, they both just took him to the ground.

It is a f**ken contact sport filled with passion, if you dont like it watch soccer or AFL.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Haha, me and my mate were sitting like 10 metres away from it. The Wiz was one seat in front of us, and told me to shut up coz i was cussing. Lol. Most intense thing i've ever seen, and yeah, the Manly boys were dropping punches on Blair, spewing the bench were dragging players away rather than chop on. Should have been 13 on 13 there, with the trainers chopping each other as well, no doubt about it.

Im all for a tougher game, like it used to be, but that second stink was a bit of a joke to be honest, how more players didn't end up in the bin for it is beyond me.

Then again, the pussywhipped penalty that started it all off shouldn't have been given in the first place

AuDragon

Juniors
Did not read the thread, so I'm probably repeating stuff...

Better team won. Too bad they will be missing a few players next weekend, I wanted the Broncos to be tested against a full strenght Manly.

The MRC has their work cut up for them, but being Manly, nothing will surprise me, especially everything being swept under the carpet.

Blair is a merkin and should get a couple of weeks, likewise G. Stewart.
Although I get the brotherly defense, B. Stewart should also get a couple of weeks for that run and attempted punch on the Blair (even though he barely connected), and finally the grubiest of them all, Lussick should be rubbed off for the year after that dog act, even if he was retaliating for that uppercut from Blair.

Manly did get the rub of the green, as it seems the refs were clearly instructed to monitor Storm's grubby tactics in the ruck, but forgot about Manly doing the same.

What else was to be expected from the 2 grubbiest teams in the comp? :sarcasm: