What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R25 | Fri | Sea Eagles 18-4 Storm | Brookvale

R25: MAN v MEL

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evenflow

Bench
http://www.nrl.com/cronk-poised-for-shock-nrl-return/tabid/10874/newsid/64435/default.aspx

Melbourne halfback Cooper Cronk is poised to make a shock return for Friday night's NRL blockbuster against Manly at Brookvale Oval. Cronk didn't travel with his teammates but was expected to catch a later flight on Thursday night, increasing his chances of being a late inclusion for the hotly anticipated top-of-the-table match.

One of the Storm's 'big three' with Billy Slater and Cameron Smith, Cronk injured his ankle in the round 23 win over Gold Coast and would give the ladder leaders a major boost against their fierce rivals Manly. "He didn't travel with us, but that's not to say he won't be playing," assistant coach Kevin Walters told AAP on Thursday.

"We'll give him every chance to get himself right, so we'll just see what happens in the next couple of days." Considered little chance of returning this week when coach Craig Bellamy left him out of the side named on Tuesday, the Test and Queensland representative has worked hard on his recovery in a desperate bid to take on the Sea Eagles.

"He's been improving which is really good, and he's a real professional with his footy and looking after himself, so he's given himself every chance that's for sure," Walters added. "He hasn't spent a lot of time with the team this week so 50/50 is probably a good call of where he is at. "It is a big game, but we went in last week (an 8-6 win over St George Illawarra) without him as well and we got through OK." Cronk's likely inclusion shows Melbourne's desire to keep their club record 12-game winning streak going - but also how much they value victory over the Sea Eagles."

Ausguy

Coach
the way bellamy just tried to hide if cronk was playing or not on the footy show...

lock him in as a certain starter

Hutty1986

Immortal
Geez Melbourne must be confident Cronk is close to 100% or surely they wouldn't risk him, esp with the MP sown up

Sleep

Juniors
They wouldn't fly him up either unless they thought he was a really good chance of playing.

I'd bet he runs out with them tonight. Should be an amazing game. I'm thinking Melbourne 1 -12.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Geez Melbourne must be confident Cronk is close to 100% or surely they wouldn't risk him, esp with the MP sown up

Whilst unlikely, Manly are still a very outside chance of grabbing the MP at the death. They'd need to win big against the Storm and rely on a victory next week over Brisbane PLUS the Roosters upsetting Storm.

You're right though, it's pretty much in the Storm's keeping.

Unless they get exposed for cap rorting again. :lol:

azza18

Juniors
I want the storm to lose, but given that manly has been playing pretty ordinary of late, im unsure whether or not to back them. Its gonna be close.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
the way bellamy just tried to hide if cronk was playing or not on the footy show...

lock him in as a certain starter

i would actually go the other way based on bellyache on the footy show. if he wasn't playing, bellamy would want manly to think he was, which is what it looked like as you said. if he was playing, i think bellamy could have managed a proper poker face in order to try and hide it.

ceagle

Bench
Reports on Twitter are saying he was spotted in Sydney last night, and is having a fitness test today, I doubt he would of flown over if he wasnt expected to pass it.

innsaneink

Referee
They wouldn't fly him up either unless they thought he was a really good chance of playing.

I'd bet he runs out with them tonight. Should be an amazing game. I'm thinking Melbourne 1 -12.
Imo...As a senior player in their group, and one of the best players in the game...I'd have thought he'd be there regardless....Im sure this is some mind games...if he was a chance and playing he'd have travelled with the group.