What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R24 Sun - Cronulla 19-18* Newcastle @ PointsBet

Round 24: Cronulla v Newcastle

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saxon

Bench
I’m assuming those complaining about Sharks offsides being missed will also be complaining about this being missed, no?

Ref and touchies should have got that one right too. No doubt.

But, and it's a huge but, the second image was not subject to a Bunker review. In fact the Bunker are specifically not allowed to rule on run of play incidents.
I can understand the ref missing one player offside at the Knights kick off, but how the f**k does the Bunker - who, as we were told on Thursday night, have to check everything when a challenge is made - miss seven offside on a game deciding play?

*Edit - Got my Thursday and Friday crossed up.

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
I’m assuming those complaining about Sharks offsides being missed will also be complaining about this being missed, no?

If that kickoff went up to the bunker and they somehow found a penalty for Newcastle then we're in the same ball park

Warrimoo3

Juniors
Came in to see if neutrals saw it the same way I did... Kennedy was like 3 metres offside right?
Freeze framed the incident multiple times and used a grid to measure Kennedy was two and a half metres offside . Sutton had his right arm extended sideways to keep the defenders on his right onside . He then took a tiny look to his left to see Kennedy offside 2 players to his left . Kennedy ran in a straight line at full speed towards Ponga and was not impeded in any way. The “blocker” did not change his direction at any stage.

The bunker compounded the error by saying”Will Kennedy had to run around Matt Croker who is a blocker”. This was utter garbage . The bunker simply didn’t want to overrule Sutton’s clanger and hang him out to dry . Mickey Mouse stuff from the NRL officials .