What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R26 | Fri | Knights 40-24 Rabbitohs | Ausgrid

R26: NEW v SOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ss_kffl

Juniors
Congrats to Newcastle, deserved their win.
Another disappointing season from Souths, but hey.

Best of luck against Melbourne next week.

Big Pete

Referee
Red Bear said:
I realise it's impossible to say anything constructive amongst 17 pages of Lol@50uff$ or whatever it is, but given the circumstances they didnt do too badly this year. Missing Burgess, Stuart, Asotasi and Geddes nearly the whole season, missing Taylor and Inglis for large streches of it as well, and nearly made the finals. Any club with that amount of talent on the sideline. To just miss the 8 with your b pack the whole year is a reasonable season, but it could've been so much better for them.

Agree with all of this.

I don't think they were ever going to compete for the premiership but had injuries gone their way they would have featured somewhere in the finals.

But y'know, why think when you can LOL@5OUFF$

African Monkey

First Grade
Hmm. Newcastle will get done pretty comfortably by Melbourne next week, but a good effort to make the 8. If Souths had played football earlier it would've made it a very interesting game, but their defence was pretty bad in the first half. Newcastle had one try off the back of a knock on and two when they shouldnt have had the ball, however, they certainly got the rub of the green.

I realise it's impossible to say anything constructive amongst 17 pages of Lol@50uff$ or whatever it is, but given the circumstances they didnt do too badly this year. Missing Burgess, Stuart, Asotasi and Geddes nearly the whole season, missing Taylor and Inglis for large streches of it as well, and nearly made the finals. Any club with that amount of talent on the sideline. To just miss the 8 with your b pack the whole year is a reasonable season, but it could've been so much better for them.
It was a shocking first half performance from us and we paid the price. Mentally we just didn't turn up to play.

You are right with our shocking injury toll. We just couldn't take a trick this year on that front.

Red Bear

Referee
It was a shocking first half performance from us and we paid the price. Mentally we just didn't turn up to play.

You are right with our shocking injury toll. We just couldn't take a trick this year on that front.
I know, they just didnt switch on from the start. Not sure how fit Talanoa was all game. I've never rated him too highly as a player but he was playing so low on confidence out there tonight, never like watching that.

DJShaksta

First Grade
bunniesman has his ticket, is going to travel down on friday, go to the game and being loud and proud wearing his souths jersey then he'll go and get drunk in a newcastle pub wearing his souths gear to celebrate souths making it to the finals for the second time in his lifetime.

Luckily the mates i'm staying with, one is an afl fan, one a union fan and the other doesn't follow sport so they won't be sad when i'm heaps happy, that way we can all have a good night.

we got this. I don't get to go to many games, so i'm definetley not travelling 400ks to see a loss, so obviously it will be a win.

lol@50uff$

Big Pete

Referee
Talanoa at the best of times is a rocks or diamonds player but he's obviously hasn't recovered from his bout with pneumonia.

Anybody's who's had it knows how debilitating it can be.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Left myself open to what exactly?

Dogs have had a shitordinary year and left their run too late. Never really considered ourselves a hope even if we jagged 8th spot.

Souths' on the other hand thought they were world-beaters when they're really just a laughing stock.

Apey

Staff member
Thank f**k for that last try because I would have been pissed off with that game if it didn't end a good note.

Uate - champ.

Doogs - we will miss you!

Wahoo, we get to get smashed by the Storm!

I had a sneaking suspicion that the person in the crowd had died - very sad if true. There was absolutely no rush to get them into the ambulance and off to hospital which meant either it wasn't urgent (hard to believe considering how quick the ambulance came onto the ground) or there was nothing they could do. That and the fact they had a sheet completely surrounding the person from the get go and had plenty of policeman and paramedics nearby. R.I.P.