What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R8 | Sat | Cowboys 22-20 Sea Eagles | Dairy Farmers

R8: NQL v MAN

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
I am not saying the Cowboys didn't deserve to win because they were very good for 60 minutes, but the refs made sure with that decision that the eagles were not allowed a chance to win.

beave

Coach
We were beaten by 2 points and that try is worth 4 points?

sigh..... so you can predict what happens after 'that try' is scored???? miss or kick the conversion, whatever, we then kick off to you, who's to say you don't knock the ball on from the kick off?????

saying that 'we got a try disallowed that should have been awarded and only lost by 2 so we should have won' is highly naive mate.

oval

Juniors
What was up with George Rose giving DCE a shove? Bit of poor form there no?

Yeah that was a little weird. Rose knocks on, DCE goes up and pats him on the back, and I guess he says something a bit sarcastic like "good work ya big nice person" and Georgeous gets upset. Who knows. Either George is a big sensitive softy, or Cherry is an annoying little niggler. Whatever the case, its bad form and should be kept off the field.

Jason Maher

Immortal
sigh..... so you can predict what happens after 'that try' is scored???? miss or kick the conversion, whatever, we then kick off to you, who's to say you don't knock the ball on from the kick off?????

saying that 'we got a try disallowed that should have been awarded and only lost by 2 so we should have won' is highly naive mate.

Good to see someone else realise this. Only when a decision affects the last play of the game (ala Bulldogs no try at Kogarah in 09) can it be said to have directly cost a team the game. It is impossible to predict what would have happened following a different decision earlier in a match.

beave

Coach
exactly, I feel for the Manly fans as they were denied a legit try, but to then say that that one decision cost them the game and were screwed over by it is silly.

Garts

Bench
Dare say his initial reaction on the spur of the moment was that he was offside as Lyon was behind him when he went to pick it up. it would throw you.

Cowboys deserved the win. The bad call did not cost us the game but it did deny us a fair chance of winning it. I guess with these types of calls, swings and roundabouts. We will get one in our favor down the track.

beave

Coach
exactly, I think we should be focusing in on how good both sides can be when they 'switch on'...... if Manly could play like they did for the last 15 minutes for a whole game they would be unstoppable. Rose needs to pull his head in as well.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors

I never said we would have won, i am pretty sure i stated we were denied the chance of winning.
My response was to the fact that your post "insinuated" that the call was irelivant because we would have still been alteast 2 points behind, I was refering to the point that we scored another try, which in the end made that incorrect call all the more important.
The better side for 50 or 60 mins won, my issue isn't with that fact, but with the fact that the officials erred on the side of the cowboys for most of the game.

Shorty

Staff member
That was definietly not a knock on, so that's unfortunate for Manly.
Doesn't mean they would have won the game...and you shouldn't sit on these things.
Manly opted to take the kick when they could have scored again and won the match, great teams win regardless of calls and find a way to rise above adversity.

These second half slumps are p*ssing me off, I'm never completely satisfied with our wins as a result.
Dragons will make the Cows pay if this happens next week.

Didgi

I think we need to be a bit more positive about these second half fades. They're obviously a big problem that needs to be addressed, but last year we would be losing these games instead of hanging on.

Latest posts