What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | 2nd SF | Sat | Rabbitohs 38-16 Raiders | ANZ

Semi Final 2 Winner: Rabbitohs v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Furner is a shit coach. Full stop. This run will be a double edged sword for the Raiders. f**k, they were poorly prepared.

He's got points on the board and the senile old farkers who run the joint will point to this run as justification for keeping him.

Sam Williams - Will play for Australia that kid. Cut Souths to pieces all night long behind a thrashed forward pack.

Furner coached the side well enough. Can't blame him for it.

Next year the focus has to be on first contact. If you watch the Raiders enough you can see that on first contact in defence either a player will put his nose through or will bounce off. If we could shut down players defensively the side would be a tough prospect to beat.

The side is also very young and it shows sometimes. Papalii kept looking for the big hit when what brought him to the dance so to speak is his ability to hit very hard in traditional style tackles. Dugan and McCrone have been forced to become on field leaders and they both barely have three years in first grade in them so on the occasions they play poorly as players of their experience are like to then it drops the entire side. The side needs Campo and White back just for some leadership imo.

Souths were great. The forwards were strong and fast giving the faster players like Luke the chance to cause some havoc. Burgess was outstanding. Inglis was about as quiet as he ever was against the Raiders and was still a massive handful. Can't take anything away from them and I really do hope they win the comp. The fans who have really stuck with them deserve some success.

gypsy

Bench
Remind me where the dragqueens finished again?

21457631.jpg

Didgi

Gypsy in a downward spiral. I wonder how hard he can fail by the end of the night.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't want to ruin a thread Souths supporters should be rightfully celebrating in but I must say it is a bit weird how obsessive certain Dragon supporters are with hating the Raiders. The Raiders lost a gazillion times in a row to Melbourne a few years back and I didn't hate them any more for it. Same with the Tigers.

Jason Maher

Immortal
He's our answer to Raiders_Premiers. Someone should lock them in a room together and throw away the key.

Interesting stat: the last time Canberra made it past week 2 of the finals was 1997.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He's our answer to Raiders_Premiers. Someone should lock them in a room together and throw away the key.

Interesting stat: the last time Canberra made it past week 2 of the finals was 1997.

I still break out in night terrors at bulgarelli failing TO PUT THE f**kING BALL DOWN in 2003.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The Bunnies are the only non-hateable team left. The Raiders would have been if they won. Hopefully souffs can finally aim up against good opposition.

Lambretta

First Grade
There will be a lot of bandwagon support for Souths now

Manly, Melbourne and the Bulldogs are pretty much the most disliked teams other than the Roosters.

Funnily enough, I don't mind any of those teams. I suppose that says a lot about me :lol:

BranVan3000

Coach
Very proud of the boys

Big props to the Raiders crowd. Would have been bigger than a Manly crowd and some of the most pleasant opposition supporters I've met

Feel bad for the green machine, but I feel like big things are coming for them

natheel

Coach
good job Souths.

Hope they beat dogs (i think they will)

Rabbits will get alot of self belief out of tonight. Bulldogs with the week off playing a team on a finals high with experienced rep/finals players in Inglis, Taylor, Crocker, Asotasi, Luke, Burgess i just think Bunnies could sneak home.

Souths v Manly GF would be MASSIVE!

natheel

Coach
oh and congrats to Raiders making it this far when everyone wrote them off mid-season. Did well!

the dude

Juniors
Congrats Canberra and good work to their fans who contributed to the awesome atmosphere tonight.

Bring on the Dogs

Latest posts