What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R10 | Fri Dbl Hdr | Broncos 22-24 Sea Eagles | Suncorp

Round 10 result: Broncos v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AuDragon

Juniors
Absolutely gutted!

We were the better team, but can't blame Manly for taking advantage of Parker's atrocious kicking. Besides we were too soft ion defense at times and like someone said, you can't let Manly run 90 meters on their last set of tackles when you're only up by 2. ](*,)

Smart of Manly to keep coming at our right side defense. Without Yow Yeh and with the sudden loss of both Wallace and Hodges, we were always going to struggle...

Not going to put the boot into Parker too much, as I'm sure no one feels worse than him.

I normally stay for the second game, but this took it out of me and I just left... :?

I got into the refs (especially Jason Robinson) last week, but I'll praise today's refs for a pretty good showing, despite missing a few shocking forward passes.

Big Pete

Referee
Pretty happy with that effort.

Sans Wallace & Hodges and the boys put in & crossed the stripe more than their opposites. Credit to Manly for being smart enough to take advantage but it's just typical we lose someone and it comes back to bite us.

Stayed around to give the boys a standing ovation, watched the next game until the first try & I just wasn't feeling it so decided to beat whatever traffic was left.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
One interesting thing I noticed in the game was that most of it was played in the 20 meter zone at either end of the field. Not much time slogging around in the middle like you see in a lot of games.

isaiah

Bench
a real taste of contenders v pretenders tonight.
9 trys to 7, the qld teams were better in both games
the two leading sydney teams are so fat and slow in the forwards, both dogs and eagles will make the playoffs, but fall early, imo

MSIH

Bench
Great game. Best finish I've seen in a while. I feel for Brisbane fans copping a loss like that tbh.

I was pretty sick of Gus carrying on about Brisbane scoring more tries. 3 were from kicks, one was from Josh f**ken McGuire chucking in the arsiest kick of all time.

Hopefully the two sides remain injury free and they can battle it out full strength in the Semi's.

MSIH

Bench
the two leading sydney teams are so fat and slow in the forwards, both dogs and eagles will make the playoffs, but fall early, imo

Nice try gimp.

some11

Referee
Broncos relying on their kicking game is a testament to Manly's defence, they were hard up to break that line.

AuDragon

Juniors
Broncos relying on their kicking game is a testament to Manly's defence, they were hard up to break that line.
Manly's defense was very compact, leaving plenty of space to kick to in the fringes. It's only smart to do so!
This BS about tries scored from a kick... It's part of the game and quite spectacular at times.
We lost to the Warriors on the back of kicks to Vatuvei. They're all worth 4 points! (well generally 6, unless you have Parker... :sarcasm:)

BDR

First Grade
Really enjoyable game as a neutral, plenty of tries and an awesome atmosphere. Shame the 2nd game was a bit lacklustre but the first one was well worth the price of admission.

That's the 2nd time this year Brisbane have lost narrowly at home due to a late try.

Assuming the reports to be true, whatever the Sea Eagles pay Steve Matai next season, it's going to be an absolute steal. Had his best season last year and has carried on where he left off.

I swear i'm not biased

Eric Galt

Juniors
Assuming the reports to be true, whatever the Sea Eagles pay Steve Matai next season, it's going to be an absolute steal. Had his best season last year and has carried on where he left off.

I swear i'm not biased
Absolutely. The only centre better than him plays in the same team.

Eric Galt

Juniors

Dream on. Inbreeding obviously still goes on in certain parts of Australia.

firechild

First Grade
Comfortably the best game of the season so far and you have to feel for the Brisbane fans, it's a tough way to lose. Manly made good ground all night but couldn't capitalise on it. Brisbane took advantage of a string of penalties which negated the meters Manly were making. Not a lot of errors by either team (though Manly tried to change that late in the game - especially B. Stewart) which made for a great spectacle.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I hope we are the first team to put a GF loss on the ponies. They may never recover if we do. :D

Both teams will be there at the end of the season. Not sure how Manly are doing it, they are in poor form and still winning. I hope they click into gear soon.

Pigskin

Juniors
Great game ... i guess ... despite the result going the wrong way

Always had the feeling that the missed goals were going to cost us, and indeed it happened that way ... we can only use the young team excuse for so long, but Manly are still that year or two advanced on us in the "hardened" footy team category ... that kind of thing may not happen to us in another year or two

To those telling us how lucky we were with tries from kicks, well take out our major play-maker and the 2nd best centre in the game ... add to that a very very compressed defensive line and well ... you are just kidding yourselves

both teams will be top 4 at the end of the year, and we are in this comp up to our ears

thought Hannant had his best game of the year ... a couple of other games he has recieved a lot of rave reviews but to my eye, he was still getting pummelled despite high work rate ... not last night, he was the one doing the pummelling

Love McGuire ... he is like a slightly bigger version, same style of player as Watmough without being such a grub ... 1 or 2 more years, he is gonna be crazy good

I do think we lack a hitman at times ... Glenn can hit, Te'o can hit but was on the bench for a lot of last night ... and Gillett can hit, but he was out of the action a lot out in the centres last night ... Te'o is going South next year and this area worries me a little ... early last night we were just tackling, but not actually stinging at all in defence ... omg why oh why did we ever let Henjak lose Tariq Sims ... will prove to be one our worst retainment decisions in our proud history

we are now 7 & 3 ... a last minute Matty Bowen moment, a minute on the clock last night and a houdini effort by Manly, and a night to forget by Beale under the high ball ... our position is very healthy ... however we do have Origin to come so a slump is inevitable at some point

if we can have a fit and healthy side come semi final time ... we "can" win the whole shebang ... but so can a few other sides

Oink !

I agree Hannant was very good, I haven't watched many Bronco games this year. But he was superb last night and in the ANZAC test.

The chemistry developed between Glenn Stewart, Lyon and David Williams is remarkable, it'll be a shame if the Wolfman has to leave at seasons end. Taufua really needs to learn to communicate a bit better at the back, not sure what he was up to letting that ball bounce, but I still think he has all the tools to be a great winger.

I hope if these two teams match up at the end of the year it's with full strength sides.

Latest posts