What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R10 | Sat | Warriors 30-26 Roosters | Mt Smart

Round 10 result: Warriors v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
Good game.
Kept closer than it should have been considering the Roosters got all the calls.

I agree. Roosters got all the bad calls so did well to stay within 4

The ref completely ignoring the touchie who said it was a roosters feed for one of the scrums was quite amusing.

Geohood

Bench
Good game though. Just like the Dragons game but it's pretty hard saying that right after a tight loss.

How close was Cordner to scoring? It was all a blur now lol but I reckon if there was anyone a tiny bit faster they would have scored?

wibble

Bench
I only caught the final 20 minutes, what happened to him?

Dislocated knee, I think. A mate of mine did that once, it looks awful, hurts like hell, and stuffs the ligaments for months. Hope it isn't as bad as that, but he looks to be in strife.

Yes, Ropati, have to be careful there!

Skreepe

Juniors
that was actually a serious mistake by the Lyons... Perenara was spot on for telling him to put it on report...

that idiot Lyon needed to put it on report to give the roosters the free interchange to replace him.

if he was seriously injured in that tackle and they had no interchanges left the roosters would have to have played with a player down or a badly injured player.

He overruled Perenara a few times.

Which is a shame because Perenara is a decent ref and really interprets the ruck well.

vvvrulz

Coach
Good win warriors and warrior fans, it was a close game and you deserved the win. And thanks to those warrior fans who understand the frustrations us Rooster fans had with the refs tonight, some bad calls went both ways.

Cheers mate. And it was a frustrating game for all of us, the refereeing both ways was shoddy as hell and most of us don't like our own commentators.

Happy we came away with it but could have gone either way.

Patorick

Staff member
Yet another great game. Both sides played well, and this year is clearly wide open.

Only watching the Knights and Eels for 8 rounds made anyone think the game was boring. The top 2/3 of the competition are looking great, playing for spots for the top 1/2.

Roosters have had some tough losses lately but have shown a lot more resilience as well, and look to be well and truly in this competition. Warriors are warming up and are super tough at home. Johnson still surprises with his talent, and could be a great. Shame about Rapira, but they seem to have a lot of depth this year so hopefully they will cover that loss.
Ropati.

Grapple

Bench
You gotta feel for Ropati, I doubt he'll come back this year if at all... poor guy. :(
Hurrell finally played to his potential. Awesome stuff.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Are game threads only for complaining about referees and ridiculing player errors? They are always so painfully negative. I just enjoyed a great game of footy. btw Roosters whingers, offside and holding blokes down for 15 seconds in the tackle actually are against the rules of rugby league and hence warrant penalties. Also, generally when the opposition has the ball you don't get awarded a try, so you should probably be a bit thankful for that first try.

Scorpio30

Bench
On that first try...I know simultaneous goes to the attacking team...but I reckon the Warriors player was actually in possession.

I've probably seen 98% of Warriors games since they entered the comp...that was probably the worst session of commentary I've ever heard. I was going to mention some of the ridiculous mistakes but they just kept coming and coming...

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
On that first try...I know simultaneous goes to the attacking team...but I reckon the Warriors player was actually in possession.

It was pretty obvious he was in possession and how anyone could even start considering whether it might be a try is beyond me.

Also, Ta'ai being penalized for being gang-raped by 3 blokes, then being penalized the following set for nothing at a time when the Warriors were 10 points up and could easily have run away with it if the first penalty had gone the other way....just trying to add a little balance to the usual opposition hysteria.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Scrappy, yet relieving to win. Glad to see Manu get back on the scoresheet, only six more to bring up the ton!

Are game threads only for complaining about referees and ridiculing player errors? They are always so painfully negative.

Agreed on the negativity, makes for some hard reading. The constant whinging about the Kiwi commentators on this site is a bore (along with overuse of the terms merkin, dog act & grub, thankfully not in this thread though), we know they suck and have done ever since Graham Hughes stopped, not sure why it needs to be pointed out in half the posts every single gameday.

Oh well.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Agreed on the negativity, makes for some hard reading. The constant whinging about the Kiwi commentators on this site is a bore (along with overuse of the terms merkin, dog act & grub, thankfully not in this thread though), we know they suck and have done ever since Graham Hughes stopped, not sure why it needs to be pointed out in half the posts every single gameday.

Oh well.

Yep and apparently our commentators, specifically for our audience, are biased :? No-one seems to be concerned that Aussie commentators (who theoretically are commentating without any particular club affiliation) manage to be even more biased against the Warriors than the Warriors commentators are for the Warriors.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
For a commentator who half the time sounds like hes talking italian, the other half japanese...the only players name I could understand him calling was Minichello, funnily enough.

Here's the other old chestnut- under no circumstances are you allowed to pronounce Maori or Polynesian names correctly. Only Australian mangling of said names is allowed.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Its ok pronouncing the names correctly but when you put the same sort of twist on "no try" you are just taking the piss

Latest posts