What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R10 | Sat | Warriors 30-26 Roosters | Mt Smart

Round 10 result: Warriors v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shiznit

Coach
Theres Ukuma Ta'ai....and OO koooo maaa taaa ... aaaaaaa iiiii.
Husband doesn't pronounce the names correctly he adds his own geniused touch to them.
Thats how you pronounce it...

Ukuma - OO-Que-Mar
Ta'ai - Tar-Eye

Feleti - Fair-Let-E
Mateo - Mar-Teh-Orr

Matulino -Mar-Two-Lean-Orr

shinobi

Juniors
For a commentator who half the time sounds like hes talking italian, the other half japanese...the only players name I could understand him calling was Minichello, funnily enough.

Probably because Japanese and Polynesian pronounciation of vowels are very similar. Dont go hating on a guy for pronouncing a guys name correctly (or at least attempting to) or do you really think Brad Takairangi is pronounced like tack-a-ran-gee? btw its not.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Nah I just got tackled hard and played the ball the wrong way.

Rather play the ball the wrong way than be a Warriors forward who takes a dive to milk a penalty (aware Ropati is not a forward and I don't believe he dived- I am referring to the skirts in your forward pack)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Rather play the ball the wrong way than be a Warriors forward who takes a dive to milk a penalty (aware Ropati is not a forward and I don't believe he dived- I am referring to the skirts in your forward pack)

:lol:

Like Masoe?

You are aware that holding down in the tackle, stripping the ball, tackling around the head and being inside the 10 can legitimately be penalized in rugby league? Or were you confused by what your "hard men" up front were allowed to get away with against the Warriors a few weeks ago?

Just keep going, this is great material.

Juju

Juniors

HA HA.
Masoe didn't milk the chicken wing aye?:crazy:
Your acting like a Souths fan now

Cliffhanger

Coach
:lol:

Like Masoe?

You are aware that holding down in the tackle, stripping the ball, tackling around the head and being inside the 10 can legitimately be penalized in rugby league? Or were you confused by what your "hard men" up front were allowed to get away with against the Warriors a few weeks ago?

Just keep going, this is great material.

Oh you mean how JWH got away with that hit on.. oh wait :-k

You might as well soak it up, because the only difference between our two sides tonight is going to be in our team next year.

Good luck. Let's see how Johnson goes with all the pressure on him. I think it might end up being a little much for him, especially on the back of such a soft forward pack.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

You might as well soak it up, because the only difference between our two sides tonight is going to be in our team next year.

Good luck. Let's see how Johnson goes with all the pressure on him. I think it might end up being a little much for him, especially on the back of such a soft forward pack.

This joke has definitely gone too far. I'm scared now.

Juju

Juniors

hmmm, think he should still be able to step half your forwards next year:D

shiznit

Coach
hmmm... maybe before every warriors game we should post how the Polynesian vowels should be pronounced...

A - AR. Eg - PA is pronounced Par

E - AIR. Eg - PE is pronounced Pair

I - EE. Eg - PI is pronounced Pee

O - ORR. Eg - PO is pronounced Poor

U - OO. Eg - TU is pronounced Too

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
hmmm... maybe before every warriors game we should post how the Polynesian vowels should be pronounced...

A - AR. Eg - PA is pronounced Par

E - AIR. Eg - PE is pronounced Pair

I - EE. Eg - PI is pronounced Pee

O - ORR. Eg - PO is pronounced Poor

U - OO. Eg - TU is pronounced Too

Try telling that to Matt You-Tie and Brad Tacker-Rangee

innsaneink

Referee
So your point is it's a problem if you can't understand the names when they are pronounced correctly? But you can understand them when they're pronounced incorrectly by Aussie commentators?
Yes dont you think its a problem when half the time theyre pronounced incorrectly?

Its like you guys saying all sorts or words wrong all the time, its that silly accent you persist with

Chelly bens ffs...come on!!!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Yes dont you think its a problem when half the time theyre pronounced incorrectly?

Its like you guys saying all sorts or words wrong all the time, its that silly accent you persist with

Chelly bens ffs...come on!!!

?

Chelly bens is YOUR accent (if you used the correct terminology in the first place). ffs, get it right. We are "Chully buns".

Iafeta

Referee

hmmm, think he should still be able to step half your forwards next year:D

lol, its funny seeing Cliffhanger lose the plot with nuffiness off the back of Johnson basically destroying yet another set of lazy forwards with brutal footwork. I'm quite happy with Johnson TBH...