What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R22 | Fri | Roosters 26-10 Dragons | Allianz

Round 22 result: Dragons v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
The WORST part of the RTS no-grounding call? I was close enough to hear Cecchin give a brief blow on the whistle. The Dragons seemed to play to it and as a result RTS was able to get away and leave the defence scrambling.
And of course, the referees, despite doubt at the start of the play, never used the VR for it?
Moronic, embarrassing, inept. Cecchin and his offsider should be gone.

The bolded part just didn?t happen.

I don't give a shit what the referees said.
I grew up with that being a grounded ball in-goal and line drop out.
Of course Easts fans are going to say "it looked like play on to me".

Lol, I don?t give a crap what the RTA says, I grew up with 60km speed limits in residential areas so as far as I am concerned that is still the speed limit.

:crazy:

Red Bear

Referee
honestly i am not trying to be stupid but the dragons are a huge shot at winning this competition.

regardless of what happens in the rest of this game i leave with as much confidence as i have ever had. the ball movement from this side is as good as any side in the comp and as good as we have looked in a long time, including 2010.
:lol:

Lmao @ two teams Timmy
:lol:

tipped/had money on the Roosters, happy days

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't know what the rule is and I havent ready through the posts in this thread, but if it happened at the other end of the field it would have been awarded a try, so to me that says he grounded it and it's a line drop out.

thommo4pm

Coach
The rounding of the ball in the in-goal is a non issue.

What shits me more is the pathetic chase we had on the kick.
Morris chased the winger and got beat, then chased again and chased Pearce.
Where the F*ck was every other lazy pr*ck in the team.

I was happy for it to be called a try, I don't think the winger deliberately grounded the ball, so play on for me.

Plain and simple the better side won, and yet again our side sucked.

Hutty1986

Immortal
The rounding of the ball in the in-goal is a non issue.

What shits me more is the pathetic chase we had on the kick.
Morris chased the winger and got beat, then chased again and chased Pearce.
Where the F*ck was every other lazy pr*ck in the team.

I was happy for it to be called a try, I don't think the winger deliberately grounded the ball, so play on for me.

Plain and simple the better side won, and yet again our side sucked.

the chase summed up our season. a good effort from b moz and f**k all else!

RWB

Bench
I don't give a shit what the referees said.

I grew up with that being a grounded ball in-goal and line drop out.

Of course Easts fans are going to say "it looked like play on to me".

Wow!

Don't be such a bigot, everyone is wrong sometime. You were calling for Checcin's head but he was just referring to what he was told, man up and stop making petty excuses for your oversight.

jim007

Juniors
The worst of this ruling was that it hasn't been enforced for the 2 years it was supposed to be. There has been 100s of "accidental" groundings that have not been ruled that way. It was very selective to use that rule at such a crucial point in a match, and really after the fact. Harrigan has used it to cover the referees arses for missing the grounding at the time.

Grounded is grounded. Accidental grounding? Come on, the only person who knows if it is an accident is a player himself, and he cant rule on it. Scrap the accidental part of the rule and put it back to black and white, grounded or not grounded as it always was, and has always been enforced for even the last 2 years despite the rule change.