What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R22 | Fri | Roosters 26-10 Dragons | Allianz

Round 22 result: Dragons v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DOGSvsEELS

Juniors
f**k your a funny merkin skeepe, pulling the rule book out.lol

you need a girlfriend bro!

too many herbs & rules in footy these days, bring back the 80's style footy!

Boofhead

Juniors
Would of created more issues if they went to the VR and it was given no try. Wouldn't of helped merge in the end.

Parra

Referee
What question was asked of him?

It was a nothing question, right after the match. Basically a "we know your not feeling up right now....". He answered just fine, but started his next sentence with that. He wasn't angry or anything, probably just knackered and speaking normally. Interview was terminated quickly and normal commentary resumed until they could find Pearce.

innsaneink

Referee
Referees shouldnt determine turning points......that mistake took whatever even slight chance the dragon had - for their season too mind you - refs took it away.

Now Im as ''fond'' of opposing teams as any passionate supporter, but it shits me to tears seeing ame after game and teams seasons decided by refs errors.

Hutty1986

Immortal
We are the sh*ttest side in the comp. how oh f*cking how does the worst halfback in the comp score a triple against anyone??? Bottom 4 coming up yet price to magically keep his job.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The WORST part of the RTS no-grounding call? I was close enough to hear Cecchin give a brief blow on the whistle. The Dragons seemed to play to it and as a result RTS was able to get away and leave the defence scrambling.

And of course, the referees, despite doubt at the start of the play, never used the VR for it?

Moronic, embarrassing, inept. Cecchin and his offsider should be gone.

blacklock

Juniors
Referees shouldnt determine turning points......that mistake took whatever even slight chance the dragon had - for their season too mind you - refs took it away.

Now Im as ''fond'' of opposing teams as any passionate supporter, but it shits me to tears seeing ame after game and teams seasons decided by refs errors.
as opposed to a team full of men who couldnt put their body between the player and their try line for 100m. he slipped over in goal..yet we couldnt tackle him.

the refs cant always be blamed. at some point players take responsibility. had we tackled him 10 m out and had a great defensive set, there was plenty of time to then take the ball and come back.

instead a crap defensive line allowed the roosters to put on a long distance try. (not to mention all the bombed tries from knock ons and forward passes. 2 for morris.)

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Watching it on replay now... utterly embarrassing. Watch Harrigan try to explain that. What will he say? "The ball was at a 42.6 degree angle away from his body and he wasn't playing at the ground" or something equally f**king stupid?

Timmah

Staff member
as opposed to a team full of men who couldnt put their body between the player and their try line for 100m. he slipped over in goal..yet we couldnt tackle him.

the refs cant always be blamed. at some point players take responsibility. had we tackled him 10 m out and had a great defensive set, there was plenty of time to then take the ball and come back.

instead a crap defensive line allowed the roosters to put on a long distance try.

I was in the corner where the slip happened - Cecchin clearly blew a short pip on the whistle - enough to put Dragons players in two minds, and allowed RTS to escape down the right touchline.

The most bizarre part is the non-use of the video referee. Cecchin clearly had doubt and I know for a fact he had a clear sight-line on what Sheck did.

nrlnrl

First Grade

NRL have explained that the call was correct because the grounding was accidental. If that's the case, time to look at changing the rule. To me that's like saying, it's ok if a player goes into touch because he slipped & it was accidental. If the ball was grounded in the in-goal area, it's a goal line dropout - no matter what the circumstances or interpretation. That removes any grey areas & makes the job of the officials easier. Keep it consistent !

For what it's worth, I thought the Roosters deserved to win. I know people will disagree & say the Dragons might've scored if the Roosters had a goal-line dropout, but the Dragons only scored their points when they were playing against 12.

blacklock

Juniors
I was in the corner where the slip happened - Cecchin clearly blew a short pip on the whistle - enough to put Dragons players in two minds, and allowed RTS to escape down the right touchline.

The most bizarre part is the non-use of the video referee. Cecchin clearly had doubt and I know for a fact he had a clear sight-line on what Sheck did.
Ah thats a little diff then. if thats the case and the players halted....then fair enough. i didnt hear any call at all. should have been picked up on the ref mics, which if thats the case will be talked about on nrl on fox. hmmm interesting. still...we had our chances. we just screwed ourselves

Timmah

Staff member
Lmao @ two teams Timmy

You can say whatever you like about who you think I support - I think it was obvious who I support tonight, was wearing Bulldogs gear and scarf at Allianz tonight.

I'm just sick of teams being cost opportunities to win matches due to blatant errors. The Dragons may well have spilled the drop-out or thrown an intercept, and there's no doubting the Roosters were the better team over 80 minutes.

Cecchin though - should be back in NSW Cup this week. That non-call and then for the other ref not to refer it upstairs... just atrocious.