What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R24 | Fri | Bulldogs 23-22* Tigers | ANZ

Round 24 result: Bulldogs v Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gronkathon

First Grade
I think tonight showed that unless you can contain Barba you can't beat the Dogs.

They are a methodical team with a nice skillset and solid, hard working halves but without that zing from Barba and occasionally Inu they are very beatable.

Well done on the win though, the way they have performed this season they sit where they belong on the ladder

Card Shark

Immortal
Except it's not the same feeling.

That was round 1. Fair enough if it was round 26..

Tigers are clinging onto 8th and they clearly get dudded by the refs. Could potentially ruin their season now too.

You Sharks fans always fail to mention the deliberate forward pass try that was given to you too, why is that?

2 things - plenty of forward passes have been let go this year & plenty of non-forward passes have been pulled up. It's a call made on interpretation - not disputing (f**king up) the rules.

2ndly, 2 points in Rd 1 is = to 2 points in Rd 26.

Ladmate

Bench
2 things - plenty of forward passes have been let go this year & plenty of non-forward passes have been pulled up. It's a call made on interpretation - not disputing (f**king up) the rules.

2ndly, 2 points in Rd 1 is = to 2 points in Rd 26.

Are you really trying to argue this? If you get dudded in Round 1, you have 23 (!) more games to make the finals. If you get dudded in Round 24, you have 2 more games to make the finals, which is especially difficult if the team is hanging onto 8th. Surely you see the difference?

Grapple

Bench
I think tonight showed that unless you can contain Barba you can't beat the Dogs.

They are a methodical team with a nice skillset and solid, hard working halves but without that zing from Barba and occasionally Inu they are very beatable.

Well done on the win though, the way they have performed this season they sit where they belong on the ladder

I agree about Barba, without him our attack would not be as dynamic. We definitely dropped off tackles up the middle and Tigers defence was good for our set plays. Woods was a star tonight, solid player.

ironhorse

Juniors
Well the Tigs lost the obstruction one but that aside for those that watched the game the Tigs were getting a leg up all game . Dont know what the penalty count ended at but will easily favour the Tigers , easily . Throw in a few strips called as lost balls and the Tigers were gifted ALOT of good field position imo .

super_coach

First Grade
tigers were the better side and got stuffed by the refs but hey thats life it happens most weeks. You have to win enough games early in the season so morons like Maxwell don't come into play at the end of the season. the dogs got some calls in general play that went against them that will not make the papers but even the dog supporters would walk away thinking we got lucky. neither side will win the comp on what I saw tonight but the tigers were by far the better side

ironhorse

Juniors
Well the Tigs lost the obstruction one but that aside for those that watched the game the Tigs were getting a leg up all game . Dont know what the penalty count ended at but will easily favour the Tigers , easily . Throw in a few strips called as lost balls and the Tigers were gifted ALOT of good field position imo . That said the Tigers turned up Tonight , as you would hope they would .

gronkathon

First Grade
We have had our rounds though.

If we had of shut the first game out against the Rabbits when we put ourselves in the position to do so or didn't concede 30 against parra at the backend we are in a far superior position

ek999

First Grade
The refs were terrible but apart from the obvious blunders the thing that gets me is the amount of blatant leg pulls, turning the tackled player and lieing all over the tackled player that the Bulldogs get away with. If the refs actually blew the whistle a few times they'd stop doing it but they get away with it and the play the ball is slow all game.

Tigers won the penalty count 7-2. So please tell me again how it is the Bulldogs that got away with everything tonight

gallagher

Juniors
Well the Tigs lost the obstruction one but that aside for those that watched the game the Tigs were getting a leg up all game . Dont know what the penalty count ended at but will easily favour the Tigers , easily . Throw in a few strips called as lost balls and the Tigers were gifted ALOT of good field position imo . That said the Tigers turned up Tonight , as you would hope they would .

I've been hoping all year they would turn up. They finally did, YAY!!!

mems77

Juniors
What makes this loss harder for me is the fact Ennis thinks he had something to do with it.

0neye

mommy_tiger_bids_goodbye.jpg

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Dreadful performance from the refs, but I think it will be good for the Tigers. They are fired up and have something to prove now.
The 9 commentary was back to its appalling worst. Warren dribbling on about some greyhound sting from the old days ... earlier you could hear him trying to remember how to tell Kasiano and Pritchard apart "they're both big blokes, but Kasiano has more hair on top ... and he also went on with some macho, alcoholic nonsense about how many beers he used to put away as a young bloke "You'd have a few on Friday night, then 5 after training on Tuesday and Thursday nights" ... what a merkin. Did they seriously put up a statue of this guy in some country town? What a hole that place must be.

MacDougall

First Grade
It's only a game, you Tigers fans need to chill out. Try having your team kicked out, savor what you have and hope that you can still cement 8th spot. In saying that the refs did a bloody terrible job..

Well most of us kind of did have our teams kicked out lol.

super_coach

First Grade
the obstruction was fifty fifty but Farahs try was a no brainer everyone saw the ball touch the grass.The refs have a excuse, not the fool in the box.in saying that MAXWELL wanted to disallow the last try