What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R17 | Sun | Rabbitohs 30-13 Warriors | NIB, Perth

Round 17: Rabbitohs v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2013teams-sou-main.jpg

1. Greg Inglis
2. Nathan Merritt 3. Bryson Goodwin 4. Dylan Walker 5. Andrew Everingham
6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds
8. Dave Tyrrell 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi
11. Chris McQueen 12. Ben Te’o
13. Sam Burgess

Interchange: 14. Nathan Peats 15. Ben Lowe 16. Jeff Lima 17. George Burgess
Reserves: 18. Thomas Burgess 19. Justin Hunt 22. Dylan Farrell

2013teams-war-alt.jpg

1. Kevin Locke
2. Glen Fisiiahi 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Konrad Hurrell 5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Thomas Leuluai 7. Shaun Johnson
8. Sam Rapira 9. Nathan Friend 10. Ben Matulino
11. Feleti Mateo 12. Simon Mannering (c)
13. Elijah Taylor

Interchange: 14. Russell Packer 15. Jacob Lillyman 16. Todd Lowrie 17. Dominique Peyroux
Reserves: 18. Ngani Laumape 20. Suaia Matagi 21. Charlie Gubb

2013teams-ref-pink.jpg

Referees:
Ashley Klein and Dave Munro

Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Adam Gee
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy and Reece Williams

Holden Cup Under 20s Round 17
Rabbitohs v Warriors @ Australian Technology Park, Redfern, Sat 1:00pm

VB NSW Cup Round 17
Wyong Roos v North Sydney Bears (SOU) @ Morry Breen Oval, Kanwal, Sun 3:00pm
Auckland Vulcans (WAR) Bye

banner-2013r17-nrlsouwar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AnfieldIron

Juniors
Rabbitohs by 8.

Georgey Burgess back, McQueen back. Warriors in good form but I think we are the better side. 9-day turnaround and used to the Perth trip now.

Not sure getting the Broncs by 2 is good enough form to beat us.

Card Shark

Immortal
Why is the Warriors game being taken there. Surely a Sydney team, Canberra or Melbourne would've been better.

Long way for the Warriors to travel,

the dude

Juniors
Why is the Warriors game being taken there. Surely a Sydney team, Canberra or Melbourne would've been better.

That's probably why we did it. :cool:

This is the first time I've been worried since the Sharks game.. If we come out with the right attitude we will win. A bit of complacency and the Warriors could easily get the upset.

Nemesis

Bench
Warriors at home were lucky to scrape a win against the Broncs yesterday with points being scored against the run of play.

Souths have very strong support in Perth and Warriors will likely face a wall of Burgii this week.
With our full squad back, they will not be able to contain us.... Souths by plenty.

Fire

First Grade
Warriors will have plenty of support. souffs will have none. Their fans don't even travel to Homebush, let alone Perth.

Warriors by 14. Teams are starting to figure souffs out now.

I hope it's not raining when the plane flys.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I don't think the Warriors will be "believing their own hype" as such, particularly due to the nature of the Broncos win (they'll know it was desperately close to a loss if not for a few key moments).

The Warriors will also have at the back of their mind the last time they played in Perth (the Manly capitulation which triggered the implosion that was the second half of their 2012 season), and will be wary of a repeat of that ill-fated day.

We took Souths close earlier this year so I'm going to go with a tentative 4-pt victory to the Warriors, given we've got much better defensively in these last few games.

BranVan3000

Coach
Warriors will have plenty of support. souffs will have none. Their fans don't even travel to Homebush, let alone Perth.

Yeah, seemed that way against Canberra :lol:

Fire

First Grade
Canberra were always going to go poorly with their best ever player in the history of their whole club now playing for Saints.

Aragorn

First Grade
Warriors have a new found belief and attitude. They will want this more than the bunnies who look to be a long way a head on the table.

So as long as Johnson doesnt have an "off" game - and he's had a few too many this season - Warriors will take it by 4.

Nemesis

Bench

Lets see how many stain fans turn up at ANZ in a couple of weeks to watch your team get reamed.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Taking a Sydney v Sydney game to Perth is beyond stupid.

It has been the Storm in the past. Canberra was an option. But no better an option than NZ.

How far the away team have to travel is literally the least of the home teams concerns when deciding where to play.

magic

Juniors

Based on what? They have never played there. Didn't your mother tell you not to tell fibs?