What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group B | New Zealand 48-0 France | Avignon

Group B: New Zealand v France

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

New-Zealand_zps37a78c6d.jpg

19-man squad: Jesse Bromwich, Greg Eastwood, Kieran Foran, Alex Glenn, Bryson Goodwin, Josh Hoffman, Krisnan Inu, Shaun Johnson, Sam Kasiano, Kevin Locke, Isaac Luke, Simon Mannering, Ben Matulino, Jason Nightingale, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Frank Pritchard, Elijah Taylor, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

FraRL_zps706eda78.jpg

19-man squad: Jean-Philippe BAILE, Andrew BENTLEY, Kane BENTLEY, Thomas BOSC, Rémi CASTY, Vincent DUPORT, Olivier ELIMA, Morgan ESCARE, Theo FAGES, Jamal FAKIR, Benjamin GARCIA, Kevin LARROYER, Anthony MARIA, Gregory MOUNIS, Eloi PELISSIER, Sébastien RAGUIN, Mickael SIMON, Cyril STACUL, Frédéric VACCARI

Referee
Phil Bentham (ENG)
Touch Judges: Grant Atkins (AUS) & Robert Hicks (ENG)
Video Referee: Shayne Hayne (AUS)​

Meth

Staff member
1 KEVIN LOCKE (Vodafone Warriors), 758, 4
2 JASON NIGHTINGALE (St George Illawarra Dragons), 747, 17
3 BRYSON GOODWIN (South Sydney Rabbitohs), 752, 5
4 KRISNAN INU (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), 735, 5
5 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (Sydney Roosters), 779, 1
6 KIERAN FORAN (Manly Sea Eagles), 757, 10
7 SHAUN JOHNSON (Vodafone Warriors), 774, 3
8 BEN MATULINO (Vodafone Warriors), 756, 14
9 ISSAC LUKE (South Sydney Rabbitohs), 749, 24
10 JARED WAEREA-HARGREAVES (Sydney Roosters), 755, 13
11 FRANK PRITCHARD (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), 718, 25
12 ALEX GLENN (Brisbane Broncos), 769, 6
13 SIMON MANNERING (Vodafone Warriors), captain, 731, 31
Interchange:
14 ELIJAH TAYLOR (Vodafone Warriors), 770, 5
15 SAM KASIANO (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), 777, 2
16 FRANK-PAUL NUUAUSALA (Sydney Roosters), 754, 10
17 GREG EASTWOOD (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), 737, 18
18 JESSE BROMWICH (Melbourne Storm), 775, 4
19 JOSH HOFFMAN (Brisbane Broncos), 773, 4

Good team. Would rather see Glenn at centre than Goodwin. I guess this shows that they don't intend to play Glenn at centre. I hope Inu has a good game this week so we don't end up with Goodwin partnering Whare in the centres.

Strange to not have TL at hooker.

taste2taste

Juniors
The sell out crowd arent going to be too pleased SBW isnt playing.

It would be like watching the Lakers minus Kobe!

newman

First Grade
CARN' France. Geez, if they play the way they did against the Kumuks, NZ could rack up 100.

Dark Chook

Juniors
got to be Goodwins last chance ?

Looks to be on the left which is not his preferred, Whare has a mortgage there.

If Inu impresses well that's it then.

Like Vatuvei, Inu is a big match player & can convert the tries. I also like Goodwin who played well for the vermin.

Our pack a different line up but still a 'kick ass' pack. Intimidation & " cuisses de grenouilles " on the menu for the Kiwis....;-)

adamkungl

Immortal
Gooooo France.

Any upset within the big 3 would throw an epic spanner in the works, and this is the biggest chance.

NZ should win comfortably but as with the other results.. I must admit I didn't see them coming, if France win it would mean the international game has really come on in leaps and bounds since the 08 World Cup and really turn peoples heads and change there view towards international rugby league

adamkungl

Immortal
France doing well in the SL makes them the next NZ in my eyes. It's not a matter of if, but when. France will rise again!!!111111111111111111

PARRA_FAN

Coach
When was the last time France beat New Zealand?

I know there was a draw in 1995, and New Zealand won in the dying minutes in 2004.

But it'll be a huuuge upset if they do win.

adamkungl

Immortal
France or PNG upsetting one of the big 3 would be one of the greatest sporting achievements i've seen in my life. Comeooooooon