What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group B | New Zealand 48-0 France | Avignon

Group B: New Zealand v France

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark Chook

Juniors
When was the last time France beat New Zealand?

I know there was a draw in 1995, and New Zealand won in the dying minutes in 2004.

But it'll be a huuuge upset if they do win.

Agree

But NZ have won a world cup since then & are still improving. Can the French have the same in them?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Yeah, I can see the crowd maybe lifting France a bit, but this NZ team is going to throw the ball around. I can see them being ruthless in this match.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
They reckon the crowd could reach over 16,000.

Would that be the biggest crowd for an International in France for years?

Evil Homer

Staff member
They reckon the crowd could reach over 16,000.

Would that be the biggest crowd for an International in France for years?
It will definitely be more than that considering the capacity is 17,500 and the match has been more or less sold out for about two weeks.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thats great news.

I remember they pulled a similar crowd a few years when France played Ireland.

Meth

Staff member
What time is the game NZT?

I've seen 9am and 730am advertised

Storm13

Juniors
Hopefully Escare can show the world what he can do and what talent the French youngster's have in general.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Hmm it worries me the changes the kiwis made, but i would be surprised if France get within in 24. They will have to fix their discipline and patience with the ball if they want to get close. They will need to stop the Kiwis fast play the balls. I recall the last time they played, Kiwis destroyed them up the middle and put 60 points on them.

Kiwis will have to play really poorly to get beaten....but with a big French crowd who knows what French team turn up?

Paullyboy

Coach
I've taken the massive start odds on offer for this one. $3.50 for 24.5 is too good to ignore.