What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // QF1 // Sat // Roosters 18-19 Panthers // Allianz

Qualifying Final 2: Roosters v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the DWZ ball was definitely thrown backwards paullyboy.

If you watch it again it was the spin he put on the ball when he throws it back in that propels it forward.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It was clearly backwards.

A definite try.

But so was Casty's IMO.

At the very least he gets called back to play the ball. But that hasn't been a penalty all year, unless he felt it was a double movement; which it clearly was't.

A definite try.

But so was Casty's IMO.

At the very least he gets called back to play the ball. But that hasn't been a penalty all year, unless he felt it was a double movement; which it clearly was't.

Casty's was a call back to play the ball. Penalty was unfair but it definitely wasn't a try , the ref called held.

rabbitohs95

Bench

A definite try.

But so was Casty's IMO.

I'm pretty sure Luke Burgess got pinged for that against you guys in Round 1. Bloody props always looking for the line it bugs the hell out of me.

Blues Riff

Bench
Blah Blah What if? The pass for the Jennings try looked forward to me.
The fact is, the Roosters were overwhelming favourites. Where was all this firepower and class they were supposed to have? 50/50 calls wouldn't have mattered if they were as good as they thought they were.

TheFrog

Coach
Will the extra week mean they get any of their injured players back?

Simmons who could have played in this game except that DWZ is better.

Yeo who will probably play NSW Cup.

Docker will be back from suspension, you'd expect him to start but the coach might think carefully before dropping anyone who played tonight.

Rabbits20

Immortal

A definite try.

But so was Casty's IMO.

I agree should have been a play the ball. Wasn't a penalty.

Refs ruined the game for me a bit. Some bad calls to both teams.

Slug

Juniors
Roosters = Pretenders.

No heart. No soul. Piss poor club with piss poor fans....all 5 of them.

Gone in straight sets. Good riddance.

dice

Juniors
Well played Panthers.

Those who have written off the roosters have no idea. Roosters are still 2nd favs for a reason. After Cowboys game Roosters will be back full strength and back to being favourites.

dragonsrule10

Juniors

A definite try.

But so was Casty's IMO.

Usually when they bring it back after a held call the player has only offloaded, they haven't infringed. So in general play if they call held and then they knock on, they'd rule a knock on, so I think the same thinking applies to the double movement. He infringed after the held call, therefore a penalty.