What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // QF1 // Sat // Roosters 18-19 Panthers // Allianz

Qualifying Final 2: Roosters v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rodent

Bench
No it will be played in Sydney. It's not the same as the old finals system where the week 1 winner gets home ground. The highest ranked team does.
Well this is from the NRL's website:

Week Two: Semi Finals
The highest qualifying teams in each match (winners 3 & 4) will host in their home city.

The diagram they show suggests you are right though. Maybe someone needs to update the wording...

http://www.nrl.com/NRLHQ/ReferenceCentre/FinalsSystemExplained/tabid/10635/Default.aspx

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
We get Docker back,I'm not sure who else.I think we have nobody returning as the rest are season ending injuries...but if we bring back Docker,who do we leave out after a team effort like that?

Docker is the only one back.The rest of the injured players are gone for the year

GongPanther

Referee
Simple fact is that if Casty's try was given as it should have been score is 18-4 and the Roosters win.

Just as the simple fact number 1: If Penrith had not let in those three soft tries,the fulltime score would have been 18-0.

Just as the simple fact number 2:If Penrith would have scored 5 more converted tries,the score would have been 49-18 with all the weight of possession we had in the 1st half.

The main "fact" is you can't have "ifs and buts" to weigh just your side's argument as that is ignorance to the core.

BTW,Watching FOXSPORTS 1 replay of the game with Vossy calling.

The crowd audio is much-much more atmospheric than Nine's coverage.:thumb

Nealo 12

Bench
Can't wait to watch the replay now that it's in the bag ... And get tickets for our next big one !

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Roosters fans tears are yummy tonight.. but it's not over they're still alive. Really enjoyed this but there's a long way to go.

GongPanther

Referee
Can't wait to watch the replay now that it's in the bag ... And get tickets for our next big one !

it's on Foxsports 1 now....and a few times during the week.

And a classic replay of the 2003 semi final between Penrith and the Warriors on this Tuesday at 11:30 a.m.:D

Red Bear

Referee
Pretty impressive from the Panthers. Pleased to see them do well, love what Gould and Cleary are doing.

I do think the Roosters threw it away a bit. They should've scored a couple of times in those two sets leading up to Casty's double movement, then they conceded up the other end. Turned the game. Penrith never let up, even when they looked done.

Sets up a good couple of games.

Just watched the Remy Casty no try again.

He didn't touch the ground but the ref called held which resulted in the panthers players letting go of him.

Definitely a no try in those circumstances.

You could argue that a penalty was a tough call though. He could have just as easily been told to go back and play the ball.

Still a no try though.

Last edited:

Paullyboy

Coach
I still don't understand how everyone just happily turns a blind eye to that last pass for the whare try.

Ah well, I hate the roosters so I guess I should be happy.

I still don't understand how everyone just happily turns a blind eye to that last pass for the whare try.

Ah well, I hate the roosters so I guess I should be happy.

I'll have to watch it again but for me the ball was thrown backwards & then went forwards.

Seemed fine.

Although I'm hardly impartial.